Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

blade dance pad...something is wrong. help!

This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Bemani Controllers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
aimless07
Trick Member
Trick Member

0. PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 8:38 pm    Post subject: blade dance pad...something is wrong. help! Reply with quote

my BLADE metal dance pad is hooked to my PC through a USB port. right now, the up and left buttons are not responding at all. i just bought this a couple of months ago and paid about $200 for it. i had an AWFUL experienced with the company i bought it from, so i don't know if they would be willing to help me.

i have played approx. 520 songs on fitness mode and have prolly played another couple of hundred on regular dance. it shouldn't be doing this! should i buy another USB connector? i have no idea how to take this thing apart.

Last edited by aimless07 on Mon Aug 27, 2007 5:36 pm, edited 1 time in total
View users profile Send private message
ChilliumBromide
Trick Member
Trick Member

1. PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Take off the panels and see if you can find any obvious problems.

If you do, fix them.
aimless07
Trick Member
Trick Member

2. PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

what should i be looking for?? i have no idea what i am doing.
ChilliumBromide
Trick Member
Trick Member

3. PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Look for:
-Disconnected wires (there should be TWO wires connected to the contact)
-Cracks in the contact
-Foil peeling off the panel
-Foil significantly discoloured

If you can't find any of those problems, you will probably have to remove the base from the pad, which is a massive pain in the butt.
Agent
Trick Member
Trick Member

4. PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the exact same mat, and I've never had a problem with it. I imagine it's probably just a point that needs resoldering. Just hope you don't have to remove the base. It ruins the whole thing because of how that metal trim is placed.
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
ChilliumBromide
Trick Member
Trick Member

5. PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agent 24 wrote:
I have the exact same mat, and I've never had a problem with it. I imagine it's probably just a point that needs resoldering. Just hope you don't have to remove the base. It ruins the whole thing because of how that metal trim is placed.
Oh, hey, good. Since you actually have one of these, maybe you should take this case. I've never actually used a Blade pad, just heard they're similar to tx-1000s.

Good luck. E10.gif
aimless07
Trick Member
Trick Member

6. PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

do you guys suppose that some sort of electronics store would be able to figure it out and fix it? i no idea what the bloody hell i am doing and don't want to make things worse.

if i have to replace it, no doubt it will be a cheaper one. my husband didn't want me to spend $200 on it anyway.
ChilliumBromide
Trick Member
Trick Member

7. PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If anything, I'd take it to an employee-owned arcade nearby and see if they'd be willing to take a look. They'd be more likely to understand the controller mechanics than someone at radioshack or something.

Alternatively, you might be able to get someone in your area to take a look at it.

Craigslist might be a good place to go for that.
Simo2541
Trick Member
Trick Member

8. PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had the blade pad at one time. It died within a few months. To be honest, the pad is crap. I reccomend a Blueshark, its expensive, but worth it. If not, the arcade is always better. E1.gif
Trick Member
Trick Member

9. PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TM.siMOO wrote:
I had the blade pad at one time. It died within a few months. To be honest, the pad is crap. I reccomend a Blueshark, its expensive, but worth it. If not, the arcade is always better. E1.gif

My Blade lasted over year, playing Stepmania and ITG. The arrows all cracked but the sensors still worked perfectly if not better than before.
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
eyebrow
Basic Member
Basic Member

10. PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The same thing happened to me, and it turned out the control box just needed some resoldering. Unscrew the casing of the control box and look for bad solders and/or connections.
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Bemani Controllers All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: