Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

Control Box Help

This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Bemani Controllers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Katouu
Basic Member
Basic Member

0. PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 12:00 pm    Post subject: Control Box Help Reply with quote

Hello, i've had a modded TX-1000 for over a year now and I've been using a 15-pin male control box to the PS2, i wanted to play stepmania so I bought a control box 3-in-1 but once i connected everything together, it would regester none but 1 button from the whole pad. Perhaps compatibility issues? The thing is I cut thru the controllers and tried matching the wires from the old controller box to the new one and it doesn't work, also tried grabbing a USB cord and matching the wires with the old controller box, which was probably a waste of time, and failed as well. Is there anyway to make my old TX-1000 control box be USB compatible? Would it be recommendable to buy a ps2 to USB converter if the wiring doesnt work otherwise? let me know your opinions.. I really need help connecting the pad to the computer, help will be much appreciated, thanks in advance.

~k
View users profile Send private message
ChilliumBromide
Trick Member
Trick Member

1. PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you want to make your own control box (and it sounds like you're perfectly competent), you could get a cheap standalone USB num pad and solder the wires from a 15-pin port to 2, 4, 6, 7, 8, and 9, respectively to the corresponding possitions of the arrows on the pad. Then, you could get a selection button, deselection button, and two selection arrow buttons, and wire those to enter, Del, 1, and 3, respectively, and you'd have a good USB arcade-style control box.

Or, just buy an EMS USB2 gun adaptor. Those work pretty well. They have a slight lag with tx-1000's though, in my experience.
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Bemani Controllers All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: