Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

ITG PS2 Freezing / Stopping?

This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> In the Groove
View previous topic :: View next topic  
QWERTYkid911
Trick Member
Trick Member

0. PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 11:23 am    Post subject: ITG PS2 Freezing / Stopping? Reply with quote

Not to be confused with the other freezing game thread. I was playing ITG for PS2 the other day. I was on a pad and my friend was playing on a controller. At random points in the song we were playing, the whole song would freeze. The notes would stop scolling and the music would stop. The game was still running fine and everything. You could step during the stop and the target arrows would still light up and dim as if someone just added random stops to the song. The life bar was still animated and when the song started again, everything would still be in-sync. Anybody have any ideas?
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger
Charlie Likes Cake
Trick Member
Trick Member

1. PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im pretty sure it just does that from time to time.

GIVE ME CHALLENGES!!!!

[quote:f53f3badc5="Simo!?(brb)"]IHCW!!![/quote]
View users profile Send private message Send email AOL Instant Messenger
Kalek
Trick Member
Trick Member

2. PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Never happened to me on ITG, but on StepMania it has when I play on a poopy computer.
View users profile Send private message Send email AOL Instant Messenger Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
flcl573
Trick Member
Trick Member

3. PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

An ITG hack I have did this... once? It was in my modchipped slim, so it probably has to do with the game.

also

flcl573 wrote:
Either the disc is scratched, or the PS2 laser isn't reaching far enough/working properly.

Trick Member
Trick Member

4. PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the disk was scratched it would work at all.

GIVE ME CHALLENGES!!!!

[quote:f53f3badc5="Simo!?(brb)"]IHCW!!![/quote]
View users profile Send private message Send email AOL Instant Messenger
flcl573
Trick Member
Trick Member

5. PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How so?
Trick Member
Trick Member

6. PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

flcl573 wrote:
How so?

I know this to be true from personal experience. With dance games, rather than having progressing levels with different elements like another game, a dance game refers back to the same parts. If one part containing data for the arrows, etc is scratched, it won't be able to read it and will freeze up everytime it refers to it. Similarly, I would assume the songs are all stored in the same area. When my MAX got scratched nearly every song would freeze up either after playing or in the middle of the song, making me think some of the grading files were ruined.

On the topic of the freezing, ITG PS2 just has a very slow, clunky system. The way it was designed is just very amateur in appearance (referring to long load times before songs and before menus and the lags during playing songs). It's just something you adapt to.
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
ddrpros
Trick Member
Trick Member

7. PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thats exactly what happens to me when i play hardcore of the north, but its only that song, the rest of the songs are fine

my email is theaznstephanie@yahoo.com

i dont check the other email listed in my profile

Dealextreme - best deals for electronic gadgets
Super Strong Magnets $1.63 shipped

youtube
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger
Syncopation
Trick Member
Trick Member

8. PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try enabling Diagnosis mode on the PS2, and then does this issue still occur?

Diagnosis mode quick instructions:
1. Make sure no game is in the PS2 drive.
2. Power on the PS2.
3. At the screen that gives Browser and System Configuration options, press the Triangle button on the controller (to select version).
4. Select the Console option, then press the Triangle button (to select Options).
5. Press X.
6. Select On.
7. Press X.
8. Press Circle.
9. Press Circle.
10. Now load the game into the PS2 unit and close the drive door... the game should autoload after a few seconds.
View users profile Send private message
andkaseywaslike
Trick Member
Trick Member

9. PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 7:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mine does that as well...but...lets just say it was played on a modded PS2 with a chip in it....well that means when its trying to load the song data with the step data the things in the PS2 can get a little cluttered with the mod chip ramed into its ports, but the only best advice i can give , cause sometimes it does it some times it doesn't, just turn off your machine for a bit, then just turn it back on a play , works for me, until its does it again. it rarely happens for me though
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> In the Groove All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: