Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

GH3: LoR (Activision sued over Wii/Mono-only sound)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next  
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Other Bemani and Music Games
View previous topic :: View next topic  
eryk
Trick Member
Trick Member

80. PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DR. DEATH wrote:
gh3 fucking wins for fall of troy

Tttttttthhhhhhhannnnkkkk youuuuuu.
View users profile Send private message
DR. DEATH
Trick Member
Trick Member

81. PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

it wouldve been cooler to have some of their shreddier/heavier stuff in the game but ill take what i can get...and if they were gonna put a fall of troy song it was kind of expected this would be the one they'd choose....i can still hope for seattlantis though for gh4 right?
Trick Member
Trick Member

82. PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah, i would have loved to see i just got this symphony goin', but ehhh. oh and the strokes are also on it, which is cool, but not the song i would've picked.

yeah i'm getting this game.
mtwieg
Trick Member
Trick Member

83. PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Metallica, slayer, and Maiden in the top tier? Are you shitting me? Slipknot and disturbed in tier 7? This is an abortion of a list.
Trick Member
Trick Member

84. PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

alright, this game is more than sold to me. however, I have one question: can we get the songs WITHOUT co-op? I'm not giving up money just to get another guitar to unlock a few songs.

besides that, bloc party, matchbook romance and fall of troy just guaranteed my purchase.

When you're in a town like this all covered with smoke, you forget that there's a world outside.
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger MSN Messenger
cfusionpm
Trick Member
Trick Member

85. PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 5:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

having played this just today at TGS07, i can say that the interface is nice, everything looks good, and the songs available were all cool. however, there is a TERRIBLE problem with it. as i wrote in the TSG thread:

Quote:
Guitar Hero III:
blagh.... i dont know why in the world this was done, but virtually every song is nearly a 1/4 of a second early. its incredibly awkward, and about as bad (or worse) than early release, unpatched ITG machines. way to go about ruining one of my new favorite games. the songs they had were promising to listen to, but most were just so so to play. i played knights of cydonia on expert, and it was kind of crappy and boring. it was similar to playing miserleu on GH2, but not nearly as fun. graphics look good, and the interface seems reletively unchanged. that syncing issue completely kills the game for me though. i PRAY that they fix it for the final release and that rock band doesnt have these issues.

Trick Member
Trick Member

86. PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm a little disappointed, none of the new songs really caught my eye.

I also hope you can play those songs without co-op

And no Ateryu or Velvet Revolver? Those were both confirmed. I also thought there would definitely be an MCR song, with Dead on GHII 360 and the downloadable songlist.

For now, I'm calling BS.

Brawl FC (PM me): 0989-1391-5541
View users profile Send private message Send email AOL Instant Messenger Yahoo Messenger Xbox Live Gamertag MSN Messenger
mrּselfּĐestruct
Maniac Member
Maniac Member

87. PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mtwieg wrote:
Metallica, slayer, and Maiden in the top tier? Are you shitting me? Slipknot and disturbed in tier 7? This is an abortion of a list.

For one, this is a "supposed" list.. secondly, I was fully expecting "One" to be in at LEAST tier 7, if not 8. The ending solos are insane.
Trick Member
Trick Member

88. PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah, unless my brother gives me his 360 guitar and i find a used version of the game before christmas, im gonna pass on this game. i'll use whatever money i get for christmas and just buy rockband instead, not because i think it'll be a better game, but because i'd rather sing and play guitar than just play guitar.

on a side note, i played halo 3 with someone who was supposedly working on guitar hero 3. i thought he was lieing, but then saw he had every achievment from the game, so i took his word for it. but when i said i thought rock band would be a better game, he said that it wasn't gonna be as good as guitar hero 3. doesn't that remind of you of when sony edited wikipedia's halo 3 page to say that it wasn't gonna be that great?

Edit: One, even though i love it, and its my 4th favorite metallica song behind fade to black, orion and battery, is not that hard. the first half of the song is pretty slow and straight forward. the second half is incredibly repetitive, and even though its fast, its nothing compared to how quick miserlou was. lastly, that solo is complicated, but its pretty short, and the break down solo is pretty easy. i dont see why that song is so far up the list.
Trick Member
Trick Member

89. PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I expected them to cater to popularity over quality and credibility to some extent, but never this badly. It's just sad.

I was hoping they'd make the game harder over all, but I don't see that happening given the lame songs given.
Trick Member
Trick Member

90. PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

so no one else has a problem with the horrendously early syncing? or was it just that no one seemed to catch me mentioning that?
Trick Member
Trick Member

91. PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 2:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Game Informer said for Co-Op Career, if you've beaten songs on Hard & Expert & your friend wants to play on Medium, guess what? GO PLAY THE ENTIRE CAREER AGAIN ON MEDIUM!
mtwieg
Trick Member
Trick Member

92. PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cfusionpm wrote:
so no one else has a problem with the horrendously early syncing? or was it just that no one seemed to catch me mentioning that?
I think we're collectively assuming that it's such a huge, obvious, easy to fix problem that it will be resolved before release.
Trick Member
Trick Member

93. PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 7:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

it might've been the hd lag. guitar hero 2 had that same problem.
Trick Member
Trick Member

94. PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

uh.... what are you talking about? if you mean that the lag is due to a standard signal being converted to HD (common definition of 'hd lag') it doesnt apply since the signal sourse is already in HD. no conversion required.
Trick Member
Trick Member

95. PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If ya got the December issue of Official X-Box Magazine, you got a GH3 demo. Details here or below. Includes 5 songs:

The Metal - Tenacious D
Rock You Like A Hurricane - The Scorpions (Cover)
Even Flow - Pearl Jam
Lay Down - Priestess
Hit Me With Your Best Shot - Pat Benatar (Cover)

Some things in the demo:
-Songlist is sorted by 'Set List,' 'Bonus Tracks,' and 'Downloaded Tracks,' and can be switched between them by pressing the yellow, blue and orange frets, respectively.
-Song selection now shows the year each song was recorded in.
-You can select multiple sections in practice mode to go through in one play.
-There is an option for Co-Op career mode, but is disabled.
-There is now an option to calibrate the whammy bar, in addition to lag calibration seen in Guitar Hero II.
-Rock You Like A Hurricane's lyrics got censored alittle ("b!tch" got taken out.....HUH.....*Looks at DDRMAX2 & EX AC*
cfusionpm
Trick Member
Trick Member

96. PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

how is the syncing?
Trick Member
Trick Member

97. PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cfusionpm wrote:
how is the syncing?
I'll ask. I don't have the demo nor a 360 nor a subscription to OXM.
cfusionpm
Trick Member
Trick Member

98. PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i just went to the store and they still only have last months issue. i do have a 360, but i dont have a subscription to that mag. =/
Maniac Member
Maniac Member

99. PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2007 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cfusionpm wrote:
how is the syncing?

Well.. considering I've only played the demo on Gamestops HIDEOUSLY laggy HD screen, I have to say it's bad. It'll be fine on a normal TV.

Only songs I played were Even Flow on hard, The Metal on hard and then expert. Both of which seemed fun as hell if it weren't so laggy. Rock You Like A Hurricane is pretty crazy on Expert, btw
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Other Bemani and Music Games All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 5 of 9

Jump to: