Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

GH3: LoR (Activision sued over Wii/Mono-only sound)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next  
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Other Bemani and Music Games
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mrּselfּĐestruct
Maniac Member
Maniac Member

120. PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is just a small rant that is NOT directed at anyone specific.

I'm honestly getting really tired of people complaining about how "horrible" the song list is. Just because they didn't put song xx by semi-obscure band you listen to and feel cool about on it, and instead opted for more well-known songs by well-known artists, doesn't make it a horrible song list.. it makes it a song list you don't care for. I actually had someone tell me they didn't like the game because it was too main-stream. Oh I'm sorry, maybe in Red Octane's attempt to be a decent game company and make money to be able to put bigger and better things in their games, they decided to go with stuff most people would recognize than undergrounddeathmetalband that johnny imsometal listens to.

And really, if that's someone feels the song list is THAT horrible, then don't fucking buy it! Pretty much everybody and their grandmother saw the song list WAY ahead of time, so there's really no reason anyone should be complaining about how "awful" the songs are.. you knew what they were beforehand. How does someone look at a list of songs and think "oh I don't like any of those songs", and then go out and purchase the game and suddenly expect to like said songs.

I personally think they did a great job on the game. I was pleased with the way they did a lot of the songs, they're fun to play. Battle mode was a great addition also. If you don't like GH3 then give me a valid excuse like "I was really looking forward to ______ song and was really disappointed with it because of ________". Fine, I'll accept that.. I'm just really getting tired of bullshit excuses by punk asses who try to look cool by saying they hate a fairly popular game.
Maniac Member
Maniac Member

121. PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raining Blood makes my fingers cry. =(
Trick Member
Trick Member

122. PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The songlist and the product placement aren't even my biggest problems with it. Those are mainly personal preferences. The biggest problem is that the gameplay itself is really flawed. The charts, the boss battles, the sensitive star power... those are technical issues that I expected neversoft to figure out. As expected, they did a good job on the engine, the character models, and the graphics, but they completely faltered on everything that had to do with music and guitars. I kind of saw this coming seeing as how neversoft is good at making games, but is new to the music genre.

And it's a bad setlist not because I don't personally like the music, but because almost none of the music lends itself to being fun to play on the game. I'd fucking hate it if they put my favorite music on there and it sucked to play it because it just doesn't work out as a playable song. In contrast, the songs I enjoyed playing most on GH2 were things like jessica, gemini, and psychobilly freakout, but you won't find me listening to that stuff for pleasure.
Trick Member
Trick Member

123. PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the songlist in 3 better than 2 but not as much as 1
Trick Member
Trick Member

124. PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mtwieg wrote:
And it's a bad setlist not because I don't personally like the music, but because almost none of the music lends itself to being fun to play on the game. I'd fucking hate it if they put my favorite music on there and it sucked to play it because it just doesn't work out as a playable song. In contrast, the songs I enjoyed playing most on GH2 were things like jessica, gemini, and psychobilly freakout, but you won't find me listening to that stuff for pleasure.

that's actually a really good point. in 3, my distaste was for the note charts themselves, not the songs. there were more than a few instances where the notes displayed didn't even match the music played whatsoever (though the only song i can think of off the top of my head that did this was The Metal). also, i really liked playing a lot of the songs in GHII that i probably wouldnt listen to outside of the game.

that said, i just recieved my best buy reward zone coupons from my camera and lens bought in late august, which means i could essentially get GHIII with the guitar for free... so being the music game whore that i am, despite the flaws i mentioned (and others mentioned) i'll likely pick it up this weekend and save my actual money for CoD4.
Trick Member
Trick Member

125. PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought the charts were way better than the crappyass ones in 2 (not that 2 didnt have soem awesome ones but it has the worst ones in the series too) the character models and the overt product placement were my biggest beefs
Trick Member
Trick Member

126. PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well i have it for 360, and the 360-exclusive songs were easilly among my favorites. even the downloadable MCR songs were really fun to play; especially this is how i disappear.

Last edited by cfusionpm on Thu Nov 01, 2007 6:54 pm, edited 1 time in total
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger Xbox Live Gamertag
Edible Bondage Tape
Trick Member
Trick Member

127. PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cfusionpm wrote:
well i have it for 360, and the 360-exclusive songs were easilly among my favorites. even the downloadable MCR songs were really fun to play; especially this is how i dissapear.

that is the verson my friend got (we stayed up all night to unlock it all)
Trick Member
Trick Member

128. PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 8:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

so i went to blockbuster and rented GH3 on the PS2. the first thing i noticed(after using the unlock all songs code, which i advise all of you to do) is wow, this has a truly epic song list. the moment i started playing, i went "wow, the graphics/overall presentation game of this game really suck." it may be because im playing this on PS2, but the graphics are god awful, the animation sucks, and the character design is bland at the best. o, and where the hell did pandora go? shes my favorite...can you unlock her? the one thing i do like is that hyperspeed now allows for 5 different speeds, which is very nice. it would be nice, however, if i didnt have to go all the way to frick options to change it. mod menu, perhaps?

anyhow, all in all, GH3 is just a slightly less pretty guitar hero. if you liked the first 3(including 80s), you'll love it. the songlist is (imo) better than ever, and neversoft did better than i expected. just dont expect it to be new or innovative in any ways.
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger Xbox Live Gamertag
Edible Bondage Tape
Trick Member
Trick Member

129. PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i wish the notes were 10% less plasticy looking
Trick Member
Trick Member

130. PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i wish star power made the fret board jump like it did in GHI and II. i dont really care about the character animations (which are crap anyway for someone "rocking out") but its wierd that all it does is change color, and no other indication that it activated. it may not seem like much, but that little jump just made it perfectly clear i could put the guitar back down.
Trick Member
Trick Member

131. PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the wii version, and i'm playing online as well, my GH3 code is..

0988-9940-5848

In case anyone else is also online? biggrin.gif i'm a medium player, so..
Trick Member
Trick Member

132. PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just a quick question.

I'm planning to get GH3 but since I don't own any next-gen systems my obvious choice is the PS2 version but I wanna know if there are any major differences between the PS2 versions and the next-gen versions other than graphics and online options.
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger Xbox Live Gamertag
cfusionpm
Trick Member
Trick Member

133. PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 12:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

you wont get downloadable songs and such, but you also wont get a patch that fixes one of the small issues involving quick play co-op.
Trick Member
Trick Member

134. PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 9:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

someone already got 100% on Through the Fire and Flames.
disgust.gif
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger MSN Messenger
NW330
Trick Member
Trick Member

135. PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cfusionpm wrote:
you wont get downloadable songs and such, but you also wont get a patch that fixes one of the small issues involving quick play co-op.

That's fine, I don't play co-op anyway. I was just worried some of the main songs were missing from the PS2 version.
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger Xbox Live Gamertag
mrּselfּĐestruct
Maniac Member
Maniac Member

136. PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[Rhythm Rogues] NW330 wrote:
cfusionpm wrote:

That's fine, I don't play co-op anyway. I was just worried some of the main songs were missing from the PS2 version.

Well, there are more characters plus the downloadable songs as mentioned before.. Other than load times and graphics being WAY better.. I think that's it.

cfusionpm wrote:
i wish star power made the fret board jump like it did in GHI and II. i dont really care about the character animations (which are crap anyway for someone "rocking out") but its wierd that all it does is change color, and no other indication that it activated. it may not seem like much, but that little jump just made it perfectly clear i could put the guitar back down.

You don't have to hold the guitar up the entire time SP is being used. I either pop it up and back down real quick, or if the chart has an open spot right before when I'd want to use it, I'll just push select.
Trick Member
Trick Member

137. PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mrּselfּĐestruct wrote:
cfusionpm wrote:

You don't have to hold the guitar up the entire time SP is being used. I either pop it up and back down real quick, or if the chart has an open spot right before when I'd want to use it, I'll just push select.

no, i know. but you do have to hold it up untill it activates. so it'd be nice to get that little extra visual cue. also, when in star power, the performers on stage dont do anything special or interesting at all. quite the opposite of what star power is supposed to do.
Trick Member
Trick Member

138. PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

2 new Download Packs for 360:

Foo Fighters:
"The Pretender"
"All My Life"
"This Is A Call"

Velvet Revolver:
"She Builds Quick Machines"
"Slither"
"Messages"

All songs carry "as performed by" label, & still cost the 500 points everyone hates.
View users profile Send private message
GackTMN
Trick Member
Trick Member

139. PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So i'm having issues pulling off successful hammer-ons and pull-offs, and i'm making the transition into playing Hard consistently instead of Medium..i've 5-starred everything on Medium besides TtFaF.

any tips?
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Other Bemani and Music Games All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 7 of 9

Jump to: