Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

GH3: LoR (Activision sued over Wii/Mono-only sound)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next  
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Other Bemani and Music Games
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cfusionpm
Trick Member
Trick Member

100. PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2007 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mrּselfּĐestruct wrote:
cfusionpm wrote:
how is the syncing?

Well.. considering I've only played the demo on Gamestops HIDEOUSLY laggy HD screen, I have to say it's bad. It'll be fine on a normal TV.

Only songs I played were Even Flow on hard, The Metal on hard and then expert. Both of which seemed fun as hell if it weren't so laggy. Rock You Like A Hurricane is pretty crazy on Expert, btw

i managed to pick up the demo myself, and there IS a calibration mode in there. accessable through the pause menu, IIRC. it plays beeps and tells you to strum to the beeps. so that should take care of lag.

however, i sure hope that demo wasnt representative of the full game, cuz all those songs were reletively boring, or not very fun to play. i dont remember song names, but playing each one of those made me think "huh... this is like the exact same fret pattern as (insert song)."

to be honest, as of now, i'll probably be passing on GHIII and will only get Rock Band.
Trick Member
Trick Member

101. PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 8:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, the chart for Kool Thing sucks a lot.

The loading times seem pretty bad too.
Black Lab
Maniac Member
Maniac Member

102. PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 9:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have no problem with loading time son my 360. But the controller is pissing me off, since the tilt sensor is so sensitive that hitting the whammy bar too hard will sometimes trip star power when I don't want it to. I tend to sway a little bit when I play, and standing absolutely still so I don't trigger SP at the wrong time sucks a bit.

Also, the level of sell-out is clearly higher. Axe Girls FTL.
Trick Member
Trick Member

103. PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

to be honest, i'm really dissapointed in GHIII. i played through the career mode in its entirety at a friends house on hard, and then played some random ones on expert. first of all, the difficulty jumps from mind-numbingly easy to stuff that all three of us had trouble passing and took many attempts (only in the last set really). there's one particular song, i forget the name, but its the first song in the last set, that took us over an hour to beat. and its not like we all are terrible. each of us has cleared expert careers of GHI and II sans freebird; and i have 4-5 stars on most). for the life of us, we could NOT get past that ridiculously fast OBY to BYR run. the only way we finally got through it was only hitting one of those quick riffs and completely ignoring the other. the note charts are wildly unballanced in terms of difficulty, and dragonforce's song is easilly the stupidest song in GH history.

the new battle mode is crap IMO, and detremental to the GH series. as some magazine articles wrote, it takes the game's fun atmosphere of comrodary and replaces it with cutthroat "make your opponent fail" modes.

to be honest, this does not feel like guitar hero. it feels like the equivelant of ITG compared to the original DDR. hard for the sake of being so, horrible chart ballance, and taking the game away from its roots. thats not to say that some people wont like it, i just personally will not be buying it after my ~5 hours of playtime. i will gladly be enjoying my harmonix-developed Rock Band.
Trick Member
Trick Member

104. PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah, i got it, its not guitar hero 2, but its ok for what it is. im definitly getting rock band, but probably for christmas.
Trick Member
Trick Member

105. PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love this game. I'm going to have to agree on the star power issue, though. otherwise, I like the songlist a lot, so I'm glad I bought it.

When you're in a town like this all covered with smoke, you forget that there's a world outside.
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger MSN Messenger
Zonic
Trick Member
Trick Member

106. PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm probably be able to play it in a few weeks, since our chruch has GH2 set up w/ a 50-ish inch projecter & everyone loves it.
View users profile Send private message
cfusionpm
Trick Member
Trick Member

107. PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

a church would love GHIII. the last stage is in hell, and you battle the devil as the last song.
Trick Member
Trick Member

108. PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The way they handled hopos in this feels really wonky. Did they go through and decide what could be hopo'd on a note-by-note basis? It seems like sometimes you can hopo notes that are really far apart, and others you can't do it to notes really close together, and it's really bothering me. Also, the starting and ending points for SP phrases seem odd sometimes.
Valex
Trick Member
Trick Member

109. PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cfusionpm wrote:
I failed a song

It's Raining Blood

(which is also one of the worst songs ever to grace Guitar Hero, yeah I said it that song is very bad)

Also Online is fun as hell, but it's really slow, nearly everyone has one red bar when I search for matches
Trick Member
Trick Member

110. PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

they should have put in Dead Skin Mask over Raining Blood

but yea it seems the timing it a lil starange on the tapping riffs after the "mosh" riff

maybe the downloadable content will make or break this game

Last edited by Opethian on Sat Mar 14, 2009 10:35 am, edited 1 time in total
Edible Bondage Tape
Trick Member
Trick Member

111. PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cfusionpm wrote:

the new battle mode is crap IMO, and detremental to the GH series.

battle mode is brilliant and aught to be called super guitar fighter 2 turbo
Trick Member
Trick Member

112. PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well i was never a fan of these battle modes. i hated it in disney's rave, hated it in ITG, and hated it in supernova. so i'm not surprised i dont like it in guitar hero. lol.
Trick Member
Trick Member

113. PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Huh, there's a prototype song on there. I guess that makes it the only metal song that isn't horrible or cliche. I really wonder how they decided on that one. There are many other comparable bands that would be better.

Still not nearly enough to warrant buying the game, though.
Trick Member
Trick Member

114. PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cfusionpm wrote:
to be honest, i'm really dissapointed in GHIII. i played through the career mode in its entirety at a friends house on hard, and then played some random ones on expert. first of all, the difficulty jumps from mind-numbingly easy to stuff that all three of us had trouble passing and took many attempts (only in the last set really). there's one particular song, i forget the name, but its the first song in the last set, that took us over an hour to beat. and its not like we all are terrible. each of us has cleared expert careers of GHI and II sans freebird; and i have 4-5 stars on most). for the life of us, we could NOT get past that ridiculously fast OBY to BYR run. the only way we finally got through it was only hitting one of those quick riffs and completely ignoring the other. the note charts are wildly unballanced in terms of difficulty, and dragonforce's song is easilly the stupidest song in GH history.

This is why GH needs to add one simple thing almost every music game has to refine a difficulty level...difficulty ratings >_>.
Trick Member
Trick Member

115. PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 2:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, if there's something I've always hated about GH, the only thing to say about the Diff. is which catagory they're in....I mean, make song out of, like, 10 or something....
Flameboat
Trick Member
Trick Member

116. PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 7:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, another thing I like is how the tier 1 songs are all harder than pretty much all the tier 2 songs (sans perhaps the Morello battle). Just AWESOME design there, guys.

Prayer of the Refugee's Expert Chart is retarded. (Hmm, RB-GY-YO in 1/8th notes? AWESOME! It works as well as the GO chords!)

I'm enjoying FCPREMIX for the most part, so at least they didn't ruin that song.

Slash is retardedly hard to beat; I had to skip the battle. It's going to be just great when I have to go against Lou (assuming I ever beat Raining Blood).

Edit: Damn it the Cult of Personality solo is hard.
Valex
Trick Member
Trick Member

117. PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Oh, another thing I like is how the tier 1 songs are all harder than pretty much all the tier 2 songs (sans perhaps the Morello battle). Just AWESOME design there, guys.

I hope you ONLY played Sunshine of Your Love because otherwise you're very wrong
Trick Member
Trick Member

118. PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Valex wrote:
Quote:

I hope you ONLY played Sunshine of Your Love because otherwise you're very wrong

I just got done playing so I'm not going to fire it back up to look at my scores, but all the tier 2 songs are mind numbingly easy from what I remember. Bulls On Parade is unquestionably going to be my first Expert 100%; I was dicking around with hyperspeed (because I had never used it before) and I missed 2 notes on that song with HS3 on, because I wasn't used to hyperspeed.

...I haven't played any of the first 2 tiers very much, but 2 was much easier for me than 1.
mtwieg
Trick Member
Trick Member

119. PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The amount of product placement in this game is ridiculous. I get music related stuff like musicman and fender and stuff, but Red Bull? Axe??

The sellout factor is even greater than the horrible songlist suggests. It's astounding.
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Other Bemani and Music Games All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 6 of 9

Jump to: