Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

Fixing metal pads

This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Bemani Controllers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Zonic
Trick Member
Trick Member

0. PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 6:47 am    Post subject: Fixing metal pads Reply with quote

My church's right arrow is broken & won't work, so we have to use the "O" above it to play (I'm so smart). It's a Gamesis & I-Techno (both names on same pads). Anyone know how to take it apart & fix it? Since its summer, noone's really using it, so if I can, I MIGHT (10% sure) that I could take it home, maybe a pic, & look on here to see what to do.

Thank You
View users profile Send private message
ChilliumBromide
Trick Member
Trick Member

1. PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some pics would be good. I have no idea where any screws are on one of these. Make sure to get pics of the top and bottom if you can.
Agent
Trick Member
Trick Member

2. PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The iTechno, I'm fairly sure, only has the setup of one screw in each corner (the square shaped pieces of metal hold the arrows down and use one screw each, no screws in the arrows).

Regardless, it sounds like the wire has just come loose. Me and my dad fixed my old poopy (and quite similar) pad several times by simply resoldering the wire. I suggest seeing if there is a loose arrow (probably is) and resoldering it. And after the soldering sets, coat it in Gorilla Glue to hold it down and protect it from further assaults, because I guarantee the soldering will be mashed again if you don't. The Gorilla Glue gave that arrow infinite staying power when me and my father fixed it.

EDIT: I would never use something as infantile as "poopy" in my vocab. I hate your site's censors....

Last edited by Agent on Sun Jul 08, 2007 9:43 pm, edited 1 time in total
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Zonic
Trick Member
Trick Member

3. PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agent 24 wrote:
The iTechno, I'm fairly sure, only has the setup of one screw in each corner (the square shaped pieces of metal hold the arrows down and use one screw each, no screws in the arrows).

Regardless, it sounds like the wire has just come loose. Me and my dad fixed my old poopy (and quite similar) pad several times by simply resoldering the wire. I suggest seeing if there is a loose arrow (probably is) and resoldering it. And after the soldering sets, coat it in Gorilla Glue to hold it down and protect it from further assaults, because I guarantee the soldering will be mashed again if you don't. The Gorilla Glue gave that arrow infinite staying power when me and my father fixed it.
Sadly, I won't be able to see it for about a couple of weeks...

These are the pads (pretty sure they'll all the same, they've all got USB)
videoCWK
Trick Member
Trick Member

4. PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It'd help if you took the panel off and showed us a few pictures
Trick Member
Trick Member

5. PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like I said, I won't be at church for a couple of weeks (& they're not mine...). I gotta convince my friend (AKA youth leader) to do that.
Fat Josh
Trick Member
Trick Member

6. PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 4:58 pm    Post subject: Re: Fixing metal pads Reply with quote

Zoniku Blitz Tactics wrote:
My church's right arrow is broken & won't work, so we have to use the "O" above it to play (I'm so smart). It's a Gamesis & I-Techno (both names on same pads). Anyone know how to take it apart & fix it? Since its summer, noone's really using it, so if I can, I MIGHT (10% sure) that I could take it home, maybe a pic, & look on here to see what to do.

Thank You

Ask jesus for guidance. I hear he's good at fixing ddr pads.

Tenchi50
Trick Member
Trick Member

7. PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh wow. that's umm...sig worthy i believe
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger MSN Messenger
Zonic
Trick Member
Trick Member

8. PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 8:57 pm    Post subject: Re: Fixing metal pads Reply with quote

NC Elite wrote:

Thank You

Ask jesus for guidance. I hear he's good at fixing ddr pads.
He's also good at fixing flat tires. These guys were going to fix it, & one of them said "No, we must wait for God to jack us up."

E15.gif Yeah, Simpsons joke.
Agent
Trick Member
Trick Member

9. PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sadly, I won't be able to see it for about a couple of weeks...

These are the pads (pretty sure they'll all the same, they've all got USB)

Yeah, as I thought, when you get it, unscrew those things in between the arrows, lift up the arrows, and look for a loose or exposed wire. Resolder as needed.
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Zonic
Trick Member
Trick Member

10. PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I checked yesterday & found out that it's NOT the pads. I was unscrewing it (keep going up for some reason) & found out it's the box that has Start & Select on it. I wanted to see if I switched them, would the 1P have the right arrow not work & the 2P have the up broken, but I didn't have enough time to see, as we had to leave to go to Lake Michigan to swim.

Anyone know how to fix that little control box?
DMS
Trick Member
Trick Member

11. PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zoniku wrote:
I checked yesterday & found out that it's NOT the pads. I was unscrewing it (keep going up for some reason) & found out it's the box that has Start & Select on it. I wanted to see if I switched them, would the 1P have the right arrow not work & the 2P have the up broken, but I didn't have enough time to see, as we had to leave to go to Lake Michigan to swim.

Anyone know how to fix that little control box?
Open it up, make sure there are no loose solder points. If there are, resolder them. If that doesn't work, your best bet would be to build your own.
Zonic
Trick Member
Trick Member

12. PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 5:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know when I'll be able too. Again, this is my church's pads & I don't know if I'd be allowed to take them home & fix them (that, & I don't know how to solder & I don't think I'll be there due to camping....AGAIN...). But I did mention the control box being the problem to the guy who bought them.
Rene_A
Trick Member
Trick Member

13. PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since this thread already exists i too am having metal pads problem, similar to the orginal poster, my right arrow wont work, but the wires are all good and set. When i unscrewed it and inspected it it seemed that the sensor (i believe it to be the sensor, big metal plate) is worn down. I applied conductive paint on it and it started to work for about a day, but then after it went to poop. i dont know if its possible to buy and replace the sensor, if there is any way i can get it up and running again. This is a picture of the pad i own http://www.gameasylum.com/Images/Metal2Whole.jpg It lasted a good year, and i dont have the money to buy a new pad =/ i'd really like to save it.
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger
Marq(uistadorous)
Trick Member
Trick Member

14. PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just buy a new control box:

http://ddrgame.com/coboxforpsme.html
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Bemani Controllers All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: