Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

The Noise...and How Can I Reduce it? (A Question)

This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Bemani Controllers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
NerveBand
Trick Member
Trick Member

0. PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 5:13 pm    Post subject: The Noise...and How Can I Reduce it? (A Question) Reply with quote

Okay, My downstairs neighbor is going to report to the police if I play DDR one more time. I have been playing DDR for about two months and I already am at Heavy (but still pretty much suck at it). The first pad that came with DDR broke after I used water to clean the pad (stupid me). Then I bought a MadCatz pad and realized that it doesn't work on ps2 slims. And I couldn't return that one. Now I have bought a crap pad that is pretty decent (if I must say).

but, the only frustration I am having is the noise now. The Noise is pissing off my neighbor downstairs and now I don't know what I can do.

I don't know if buying a cobalt flux will help or will it just add to my problem. I need some sort of solution to either reduce or stop the noise completly.

Can somebody help?

~NerveBand
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger MSN Messenger
slvrshdw
Trick Member
Trick Member

1. PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MOVE! riiight.gif

nah, if you have any friends with ignition style pads try that, the foam should prevent some noise

im in a house, and built my own metal pad, and its still loud from downstairs, so im not sure if the CF would be better

***calling all the rich people who could afford a CF*** E13.gif

hopefully the foam works tho
Trick Member
Trick Member

2. PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had the same problem as you. I used to have an Ignition, and I modded it so it barely made a noise; buy an EXTRA later of foam (so you'll have two in total) and tape it to the bottom of a foam insert pad. It absorbed a LOT of the noise vibration, and the complaints stopped.

Only thing is, it was tricky passing 11's on the Ignition. So I built my own metal pad. Noise levels went through the roof (or, erm, floor). Metal pads = not the way to go in apartments.
Trick Member
Trick Member

3. PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, you recommend me to get an ignition?

Well, I am not too high in difficulty (like i said, i'm heavy but still suck at that)...

Is it possible that I can just use a controller I bought to my advantage and drain the noise out of that? What about a blanket underneath? (i'm not so sure how my mom would react to her white blankets on the ground being stomped at)

But the tips were pretty helpful...i thank you...

I'll buy some foam from the hardware store and try that with the pad I currently have. Maybe that should help...
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger MSN Messenger
jo_lu_dlr87
Basic Member
Basic Member

4. PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 6:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good Luck with that, I actually have a very similiar problem and I think my neighbor would call the police too. I stopped playing in my apartment because I went upstate to college, being gone too long I was afraid to start playing again now that I'm back for the summer. Read this post I made about those foam shock absorbers sold in Dick's or Modell's: http://www.ddrfreak.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=120865&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=apartments&start=20

Don't know if it'll help much though riiight.gif

Take a look at this too: http://www.ddrfreak.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=70053&highlight=apartments
View users profile Send private message Send email AOL Instant Messenger
ChilliumBromide
Trick Member
Trick Member

5. PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah, so you necro'd not one, but two topics.

Two almost identical topics.

The younger of the two only being 2 months old.

Requesting both necros locked and warning point(s).
Discoman
Maniac Member
Maniac Member

6. PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2007 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, Charlie. I didn't realize this thread was old as hell because I wasn't paying attention to the dates. Locking this thread, and giving warning points on this one.

For reference to other thread:
http://www.ddrfreak.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=120865
View users profile Send private message
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Bemani Controllers All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: