Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

Metal pad help? ;[

This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Bemani Controllers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
chisai
Trick Member
Trick Member

0. PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 7:02 pm    Post subject: Metal pad help? ;[ Reply with quote

Hey i wanted to know your guys' opinions on this pad cause i was really thinking about buying it, but i have been going through other threads and everyone says there is no metal pad that is worth buying under 150 and i just wanted to know your opinion on if i should buy it or not.
Thank you ^.^
http://mymybox.com/ddrmt6.html
View users profile Send private message Send email AOL Instant Messenger Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
ChilliumBromide
Trick Member
Trick Member

1. PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

From what I've heard, the Solomode is crap.
chisai
Trick Member
Trick Member

2. PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

;[ well so i mean its prolly not worth buying at all? Or more so what did you hear?
View users profile Send private message Send email AOL Instant Messenger Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
ChilliumBromide
Trick Member
Trick Member

3. PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That it's a low-end pad for a mid-range price.

It would be worth it if it was $50-$80 after shipping, but you'll probably find it'll be closer to $170-$200 after shipping. It's 55lbs, which is stupidly heavy for a pad of that design, uses horribly mundane sensors, the arrows are cheap plexiglas that will break within 6 months, if it has lighted panels at all, they are very poorly lit using cheap LEDs, the start and select buttons are on the back-right panel, and knowing mymybox, it will probably come with some additional unexpected problems.
chisai
Trick Member
Trick Member

4. PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So just out of curiousity what kind of pad would you suggest?
ChilliumBromide
Trick Member
Trick Member

5. PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My first suggestion would be a homebrew. If you can make one yourself, you're pretty much set. If not, you may be able to get one from somebody else.

Next, I'd suggest the Cobalt Flux or BlueShark. They're much higher-priced, but typically worth it.

If you just want something cheap to play on, buy a soft pad and mod it. There are guides all over the place.

If you're willing to wait an indeterminate amount of time, a pad from me (dancing tofu gaming) could be a good solution. (see our thread in this forum for details)

If none of those solutions work for you, I don't know what to tell you.
chisai
Trick Member
Trick Member

6. PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So just out of curiousity what kind of pad would you suggest?
Tenchi50
Trick Member
Trick Member

7. PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hah wow...look up..

if you build a hombrew, and dont mind it not being arcade style, go for the devout stealth, the thread is like 3 below this one..

cheap, reliable, sturdy.
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger MSN Messenger
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Bemani Controllers All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: