Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

The r21 12 Pack
Goto page 1, 2  Next  
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> In the Groove
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sssmsm
Basic Member
Basic Member

0. PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 8:04 pm    Post subject: The r21 12 Pack Reply with quote

The r21 12 pack (r2112) is the result of over two months of work by the staff and members over at r21freak.com. More than just trying to make a pack of twelve really good r21 stepfiles, we tried to make each file unique in the ITG universe in some respect or another, in an attempt to breathe some life into a community that has been seeing too much of the same for too long.

In trying to do this, we ended up with some experimental files, some more straightforward files, and some files that may or may not blow your mind. In saying this, I HIGHLY recommend playing the files in Stepmania or ITGPC before you take them to your arcade. Most of them have some BPM changes/stops, and some of them rely heavily on BPM tricks, enough to make you fail the first time you play it if you don't know what to expect. However, none of these BPM tricks are what I would refer to as "gimmicks". In every case where they are used, they fit the music and are used only to enhance your experience in playing the file, not detract. Once you "get" some of the more complicated ones, I can guarantee you an ITG experience like no other.

All in all, if you're looking for files that are two minutes of 16th streams at 200BPM, you're going to want to look elsewhere. But if you're looking for inspired charts, seeing patterns and step ideas that you've never seen before, playing well made 13's and 14's, experiencing something new, and reliving the experience of playing ITG charts for the very first time, then by all means please enjoy.

All files have a banner/background included as well as complete singles and doubles steps.

GO TO DOWNLOAD THE R2112 PACK (registration is required)

Song List

Dancing Box - modeselektor
Singles Expert - sssmsm (11)
Singles Hard - NEMO (10)
Singles Medium - MacGravel (9)
Singles Easy- NEMO (6)
Singles Novice - NEMO (3)

Doubles Expert - sssmsm (12)
Doubles Hard - Insane Steve (11)
Doubles Medium - sssmsm (7)
Doubles Easy - Dark Luke (5)

Ah, remixed French rap. A rare genre (to have good tracks) and one of the first songs created for the pack. I believe this song sets the record for the longest "stop-run." To know what I mean, you'll have to play it. It's a lot of fun once you get it, and not very difficult to grasp. Even if you don't know what to expect, you can still past even the Expert easily your first time.

The doubles Expert is more or less a translated version of the singles Expert. The Hard is a twist on the Expert with a few cool things of its own, plus some stylistic rolls.

Due Tomorrow - Mr.T
Singles Expert - sssmsm (14)
Singles Hard - sssmsm (12)
Singles Medium - MacGravel (10)
Singles Easy - Insane Steve (7)

Doubles Expert - Insane Steve (14)
Doubles Hard - Dark Luke (12)
Doubles Medium - sssmsm (9)
Doubles Easy - C Jota (5)

A song from iidx Happy Sky. This expert has the only singles 14 and it deserves its rating. Fast runs and jumps and even rolls and hands will test the most experienced ITG players. Not one bit of it is bullshit though, just tough fun. The singles Hard is a toned down Expert with a few interesting rolls of its own, but the Medium is in a completely different league, hard for very cool reasons.

The doubles Expert is a 14 as well, testing the player's ability to hit fast, complicated steps along with some powerful jumps like the Expert. The Hard is more or less a toned down Expert, for those unable to hit ridiculous amounts of arrows.

ENDORPHINMACHINE - SAM TORERO
Singles Expert - sssmsm (13)
Singles Hard - Insane Steve (11)
Singles Medium - NEMO (9)
Singles Easy - NEMO (6)

Doubles Expert - Gloves (11)
Doubles Hard - Insane Steve (9)
Doubles Medium - Dark Luke (7)
Doubles Easy - sssmsm (5)

A great song that will get stuck in your head before you know it. The singles Expert is an easier 13 with fairly straightforward steps but some very cool rolls. The Hard is a harder 11, don't underestimate it!

The doubles Expert is a very fun chart, mostly straightforward with a couple of crossovers. The Hard is more or less amazing, doing some things that no doubles chart has before. I guarantee you will want to play it again after playing it once.

I Love (Orange Things) - Flexe
Singles Hard - NEMO (9)
Singles Medium - NEMO (5)
Singles Easy - NEMO (3)
Singles Novice - MacGravel (1)

Doubles Expert - Gloves (12)
Doubles Hard - sssmsm (10)
Doubles Medium - Insane Steve (7)
Doubles Easy - Insane Steve (4)

What would a pack of stepfiles be without a song from the flashbulb under one of his pseudonyms? The Expert steps are tricky. Watch out for very fun "spin-hands" at the beginning and BPM stops and speedups. And when you think the song is over, it definitely isn't.

The doubles Expert is very technical, not only requiring the player to hit some hard hands, but to make some fancy foot moves as well. The Hard has some easy hands with very straightforward steps... until the end.

in the sky - Ryu*
Singles Expert - sssmsm (10)
Singles Hard - NEMO (9)
Singles Medium - NEMO (7)
Singles Easy - Insane Steve (4)

Doubles Expert - Dark Luke (13)
Doubles Hard - Dark Luke (9)
Doubles Medium - sssmsm (7)
Doubles Easy - Insane Steve (3)

Another song from iidx Happy Sky, CS version only. The Expert steps are ridiculously fun and can be the perfect warmup once you know when the handful of BPM changes come up. The hands and crossovers are almost too much fun.

The doubles Expert is one of the 13's in the pack. Rather than being a technical doubles 13 like most of ITG's, this one is pure stamina. Get ready to hit arrows like you've never before.

KKKKK Come On - Slagsmalklubben
Singles Hard - NEMO (9)
Singles Medium - NEMO (7)
Singles Easy - NEMO (6)
Singles Novice - MacGravel (2)

Doubles Medium - sssmsm (8)
Doubles Easy - Insane Steve (5)

A cool song from everyone's favorite Swedish techno group Slagsmalklubben. This is a very tricky song, and the Expert steps add an extra layer of technicality as well. Get ready to hit some "crossover hands". This is another song you won't want to play before testing it out in Stepmania first.

The doubles Expert is truly for experts only. If you thought the singles Expert was technical, you ain't seen nothin' yet. Don't forget to do the spin at the end of the doubles Hard chart!

Oedo Hop - Palpable
Singles Expert - sssmsm (12)
Singles Hard - NEMO (9)
Singles Medium - sssmsm (8)
Singles Easy - MacGravel (6)
Singles Novice - MacGravel (3)

Doubles Expert - Dark Luke (11)
Doubles Medium - sssmsm (8)
Doubles Easy - MacGravel (5)

A great song from OC Remix. The Expert chart uses hands like never before, even having a section of "jump-hands" (a la step-jumps) that will have you coming back for more and more. If you're into spins, check out the Medium chart. There's a section of jumps in there too that may remind some of you old schoolers of a certain "One Two" song if done correctly.

The doubles Expert is fairly straightforward, taking advantage of lots of rythyms that the singles didn't.

Silikon - Modeselektor
Singles Expert - MacGravel (12)
Singles Hard - sssmsm (11)
Singles Easy - NEMO (7)

Doubles Expert - Gloves (13)
Doubles Hard - sssmsm (12)
Doubles Medium - Gloves (10)
Doubles Easy - sssmsm (7)

An amazing song from the same people who did Dancingbox. If I had to choose my favorite song in the pack, this would be it. Though having by far the most BPM tricks, once you get them, playing this song is truly an experience. Do not play this song without playing it in Stepmania first! The singles Expert is now one of my favorite charts ever, going along with the music perfectly. The Hard does a couple things the Expert doesn't, taking advantage of different rhythms and doing different things.

The doubles expert is another one of the doubles 13's. Though it would probably be a 12 without the BPM tricks, they are severe enough to bump it up to a 13. The Hard is one of my favorite doubles charts, it's an easier version of the Expert with a few cool ideas of its own.

Snow Cone Heaven - Mazedude
Singles Expert - Insane Steve (12)
Singles Hard - NEMO (11)
Singles Medium - MacGravel (10)
Singles Easy - Insane Steve (6)

Doubles Hard - sssmsm (10)
Doubles Medium - Insane Steve (8)
Doubles Easy - sssmsm (5)

Another cool song from OC Remix. Full of triplets and an awesome BPM trick halfway through, the Expert is a lot of fun. The Hard does something with rolls that has never been done before which is great once you realize what to do.

The doubles Expert is quite tricky, full of crossovers. The Hard is a significantly toned down version of the Expert, a more or less straightforward chart.

Terror Flynn OK OK - Slagsmalklubben
Singles Expert - sssmsm (13)
Singles Hard - NEMO (11)
Singles Easy - NEMO (6)

Doubles Expert - Gloves (14)
Doubles Hard - sssmsm (13)
Doubles Medium - Gloves (11)
Doubles Easy - Insane Steve (7)

Another awesome song from good 'ol Slagsmalklubben. This is the other singles 13. The Expert switches from straightforward, fast runs to complicated, slower 8ths, jacks, then back again, then back again, then back again. A great, challenging chart that you will probably never play the same way twice. The Hard is an excellent alternative to the Expert, taking its own spin on the song and having some fantastic crossovers.

The doubles charts for this song are very intense and very different from each other. The Expert is complicated and fast, the Hard is fast and complicated, and the Medium is just fast. Doubles experts should have a lot of fun here.

Transformer - Gnarls Barkley
Singles Expert - Gloves (11)
Singles Hard - NEMO (9)
Singles Medium - sssmsm (6)
Singles Easy - MacGravel (4)

Doubles Expert - sssmsm (11)
Doubles Hard - Gloves (9)
Doubles Medium - sssmsm (6)
Doubles Easy - C Jota (5)

One of the most different songs to be stepped in a while, you'll eaither love it or hate it. The Expert is tons of fun, going back and forth from being straightforward to complicated, never being boring. Again, if you love spins, the Medium is for you. They abound there.

The doubles Expert is much more straightforward than the singles Expert, more of a stamina test than its singles version. The doubles Hard, with its slightly complicated steps and fun hands, is one of my favorite doubles charts in the pack.

Tricky Disco - Discotronic
Singles Expert - MacGravel (11)
Singles Hard - MacGravel (9)
Singles Medium - MacGravel (7)
Singles Easy - MacGravel (4)

Doubles Expert - sssmsm (11)
Doubles Hard - Dark Luke (11)
Doubles Medium - sssmsm (9)
Doubles Easy - Insane Steve (5)

The only file released previous to this pack, but deserves to be in it just as much as any other song. If you haven't played the singles Expert before, you're in for a treat and will experience rolls like you've never before.

The doubles charts were created for this pack, never released before. They also contain the only two charts with the same rating within the same song. Despite their identical rating though, the two charts are very different. The Expert is basically a translated version of the singles Expert, while the Hard is a completely different spin on the song. If you enjoy or need to practice doubles crossovers, then the doubles Medium is for you.

...what are you waiting for? GO TO DOWNLOAD THE R2112 PACK (registration is required)
Trick Member
Trick Member

1. PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

it'd be better if registration was not required

just in general you lost at least half of your target audience there
Basic Member
Basic Member

2. PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh well. If they're not willing to spend ten seconds to sign up after the two months of work we've put into it, it's their loss.

We're not looking for fame or anything, just to give good r21's to those who actually want them.
Maniac Member
Maniac Member

3. PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 1:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Someone make a bugemenot account and post it here, or make mirrors E10.gif
Trick Member
Trick Member

4. PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 9:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sssmsm wrote:
Oh well. If they're not willing to spend ten seconds to sign up after the two months of work we've put into it, it's their loss.

We're not looking for fame or anything, just to give good r21's to those who actually want them.

Yeah you're right. I'm sure LOTS of people are going to waste their time on downloading stepfiles they have no intention of playing. disturb.gif
Trick Member
Trick Member

5. PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 9:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

well, i decided to download it. (played on SM)
so here are my thoughts:

All are Single expert unless otherwise stated:

Dancing Box - i love this file. the steps are excellent, and it trips you up in a very fun way. the single hard steps take some time to get used to, but once you do, they're just as fun as expert.

Due Tomorrow- 14 worthy? yes. i found it rather repeditive though, and it doesn't seem very fun (but that's coming from someone who probably can't pass it on pad.)

ENDORPHINMACHINE- i loved this chart, it's one of the best IMO. but like you said, it seems like an easy 13.

in the sky- i found the steps good, and the BPM changes fit well.

KKKKK Come On- it has good steps, but it seems slightly offsync, especially toward the beginning. (but that might be me)

Oedo Hop- wow. I like the hands, but i think it's a bit overdone.

Silikon- just like with Dancing Box, i loved the stops and steps.

Terror Flynn OK OK- Syncing issues?

Transformers- the steps are okay, but for some reason, I really dislike the song, and, once again, i think it's a tad offsync.

for the files i did not mention, it just means that they didn't stand out too much, but had nothing wrong with them.
You can really tell it took a long time to make these files, and i'm looking forward to future packs like this.

9.5/10 E1.gif
Basic Member
Basic Member

6. PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tsunami Forever wrote:

Yeah you're right. I'm sure LOTS of people are going to waste their time on downloading stepfiles they have no intention of playing. disturb.gif

You'd be surprised. I've even downloaded some packs, then forgotten about them. But if I have to go through some effort to get it, then the files almost immediately go on my card. I mean, registration takes all of 10 seconds maybe, not too big of an effort.

I'm sorry if anyone is offended or anything by the registration requirement, but just try and see it from our point of view. It's like we have puppies to sell; while we do want to sell them all, we don't want to sell them to just anyone.

We want people who will care about the files, maybe even enough to say a couple things about the pack like Nick above, to download them.
Trick Member
Trick Member

7. PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't let the dicks get to you sssmsm, amazing job with the pack, man. Dancing Box and Oedo Hop are my favorites. =]
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger
ihcw.stefank687
Trick Member
Trick Member

8. PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 4:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rush made a nice post about something?!?! *downloads*
Just kidding rush laugh.gif
But really, these are quite decent good job.
View users profile Send private message
tekkie
Trick Member
Trick Member

9. PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Username: didderfreak
Pass: hello

kk.

EDIT: also, meep[/url]
Trick Member
Trick Member

10. PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sssmsm wrote:
I'm sorry if anyone is offended or anything by the registration requirement, but just try and see it from our point of view. It's like we have puppies to sell; while we do want to sell them all, we don't want to sell them to just anyone.

...seriously, it takes a few minutes to sign up, and you get access to other files on the site. it's worth typing a few keys, and if people don't want to sign up, they shouldn't get the file.
Trick Member
Trick Member

11. PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rush made a nice post about something?!?! *downloads*
Just kidding rush laugh.gif
But really, these are quite decent good job.

frust.gif I'll deal with YOU saturday! lol jk man.
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger
flcl573
Trick Member
Trick Member

12. PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, because I'm too lazy to make another account from a site I know nothing about and will never use again, I wouldn't have downloaded this pack without the direct link from Tekkie. Thing is, this is free, and you shouldn't require registration if you want this to become popular.
Basic Member
Basic Member

13. PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sssmsm wrote:

Trick Member
Trick Member

14. PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

still shouldn't require registration
Trick Member
Trick Member

15. PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

flcl573 wrote:
still shouldn't require registration

just shut the fuck up about it already, jesus.
Arcadia_Person
Basic Member
Basic Member

16. PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got to try these out at my arcade recently. My favorites are In The Sky, KKKKK Come On and Oedo Hop. Overall I think the pack is great, the charts are obviously well thought through, but most importantly just fun. Nice job. E1.gif
Valex
Trick Member
Trick Member

17. PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2007 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like how every single hard is 9 or higher, poor Hard players

I actually looked at a few of them a while ago and they looked pretty cool but now I'm running SM 3.9 for pad play and that doesn't support rolls so uh

It's worth noting that I hated all the ridiculous stops and speed changes though
Trick Member
Trick Member

18. PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow. Silikon, amazing. some of the funnest steps i've played on pad in a long time. the pauses are perfect and not too gimicky.

QoSBPA
Trick Member
Trick Member

19. PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Downloaded the pack and tested each and everyone of them in SM 4.0+ and could not wait to get them onto a machine. I had a lot of local players asking where I obtained the new songs from, and jumping on to test them out. Great job to the group who made this!
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> In the Groove All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: