Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

NY Times reports on DDR usage in PE Classes
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> DDR Chit-Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Da-Risin-Smoke
Trick Member
Trick Member

60. PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
All Asians know martial arts (well I do anyways), black and Mexicans can run fast, white people can do a lot

Yep, I hear stereotype and racism everyday. crap...

Well, here's the goth kids that think they're badass, so....
I eat mop, who?
Haha, you eat your poo.
Groovestats
View users profile Send private message MSN Messenger
Auritribe
Basic Member
Basic Member

61. PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dawgbowl wrote:
SwmmrManShen wrote:
no public school system is going to drop the thousands of dollars needed to buy machines for their schools. They're gonna get crappy CS versions with crappy soft pads.

5,600$

http://www.ddrfreak.com/locations/locations.php?action=displayLocation&locationID=11661

oops.

Yeah I helped get that machine, my friend created a powerpoint while Myself and another got signatures of students who would support the machine. We told her that it would 1. help kids with maintaining health (physical activity) 2. Bring revenue to the school (The machine has paid itself off and they have sent home newsletters to parents telling them what they've been able to purchase with that extra money) 3. Something for kids to do afterschool hours.

I graduated 2 years ago, but my friend who's a senior told me its still being used.

Yeah, remember all that work? Haha, just to have West Virginia take the credit in the news.

Ah well, better luck next time.

Didn't you guys like, tell a news reporter to piss off or something when she interviewed about it? Yeah, that was awesome.
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger
Kradd Kento
Basic Member
Basic Member

62. PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Auritribe wrote:
Didn't you guys like, tell a news reporter to piss off or something when she interviewed about it? Yeah, that was awesome.

Yes, yes I did.
View users profile Send private message Send email AOL Instant Messenger MSN Messenger
PureBlue
Trick Member
Trick Member

63. PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JPFL~Raybe~ wrote:

one can imagine that with supernova, preppy girl poseurs are playing the fallout boy song over and over.

Fix'd. (oh, and why do retards rely on stereotypes?)

Is it really true that they only let them play on beginner/light? That sounds like something that my school district would do if they got DDR, because my school district sucks ass.
View users profile Send private message
wschmrdr
Trick Member
Trick Member

64. PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

they're probably worried that letting people play 10-footers (heck even STANDARD) would violate the "No Child Left Behind" act. E10.gif
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger Yahoo Messenger
jpoppyz
Trick Member
Trick Member

65. PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

umm if i could only play begginner and light i'd just not play.
Trick Member
Trick Member

66. PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wschmrdr wrote:
they're probably worried that letting people play 10-footers (heck even STANDARD) would violate the "No Child Left Behind" act. E10.gif

Ha! You just won the thread and poliDicks. laugh.gif

That's stupid.
Quote:
Rules are meant to be broken. Government is meant to be corrupt

I eat mop, who?
Haha, you eat your poo.
Groovestats
Onlinev4
Trick Member
Trick Member

67. PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JPFL~Raybe~ wrote:
umm if i could only play begginner and light i'd just not play.

Exactly... because light playing makes you sweat so much [/sarcasm] And I mean.. 20 kids shadowing 2 people playing on pads.. getting maybe one real song a gym class... oh my god.
Trick Member
Trick Member

68. PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm just gonna continue Karate and weight lifting.....
I eat mop, who?
Haha, you eat your poo.
Groovestats
jpoppyz
Trick Member
Trick Member

69. PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

im gonna continue playing DDR/PIU at my house/arcades and laugh at kids playing on light/begginer if one of my schools get a DDR setup.
Trick Member
Trick Member

70. PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2007 8:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thas cool my dad is a pe teacher. I showed him the article and he liked it. he bought supernova 4 the class..I was like can I go to your job and teach the kids how to play?? lol (to make sure they don't stand in the middle of course) hehehe
I even offered to let him use my ignition pad (which is starting to suck! in all its almosts) so I can be there and ddr between his classes hahaha what a ddr geek! he said yea though. OH YEA move over students! oh I mean...uh...

SoymilkCharlie wrote:
You think being born with no arms is hard? Try being born with 3. Seriously, imagine being bottom-left-handed. It's harsh.

Then play DDR till you pass out!
Look out for Jessicametoplay!
I'm a girl
playing since November 14, 2006
10's A'd or B'd: Sakura, bag, xepher, Healing D Vision
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger
EliV01
Trick Member
Trick Member

71. PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wish that they would put up DDR at my school in Virginia so I can play. I just wish that if people do play they walk the walk and not just talk the talk like some bloated egotistical idiots.
ihcw.stefank687
Trick Member
Trick Member

72. PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really think even light mode on DDR is better exercise than some of the team sports stuff we were required to do back in high school. I remember being forced to play baseball,basketball,soccer(this one actually wasn't so bad in the physical activity area though) as well as a ton of others. The thing was, when people are forced to play games they aren't good at/don't enjoy... they tend to, not care? I mean...for example, I remember playing baseball in gym class, all that at least 75% did was talk. The ball would get hit near us, we'd just let it hit the ground.. walk over...pick it up... etc. It wasn't exactly anything near a workout. I mean, even just walking around a track would be more effective than most of the team sports they had us play.(and senseless competetion wouldn't be an issue either) The activity from DDR is similar to that of walking(on light mode i guess) but also a lot more entertaining than just walking. Heck... if they would have just told everyone to get in like... a mile and a half - 2 miles on the track per gym class... i think people would be in better shape, rather than wasting time explaining pointless games and then actually getting no activity out of it.(/ends rant about garbage gym classes in high schools)

EDIT: for example, my college required 2 health/gym classes. The one class i took allowed us to do whatever physical activity we wanted(we even had 2 cobalt fluxes and DDR) the only requirement was that we keep track of our time and record whatever we did. You could organize a team sports game if you wanted, you could go on a treadmill/bike if you wanted. It was basically whatever you wanted to do that day as long as it was a reasonable cardio workout. I think if high schools ran it like this... people would actually get that workout they need instead of remaining terribly out of shape.
FFMMCLXIV
Trick Member
Trick Member

73. PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stefank687 wrote:
(/ends rant about garbage gym classes in high schools)

QFT. E4.gif

stefank687 also wrote:

EDIT: for example, my college required 2 health/gym classes. The one class i took allowed us to do whatever physical activity we wanted(we even had 2 cobalt fluxes and DDR) the only requirement was that we keep track of our time and record whatever we did. You could organize a team sports game if you wanted, you could go on a treadmill/bike if you wanted. It was basically whatever you wanted to do that day as long as it was a reasonable cardio workout. I think if high schools ran it like this... people would actually get that workout they need instead of remaining terribly out of shape.

This is so incredibly simple and smart at the same time! I totally agree. And the part about the 2 CFs was the best. E15.gif

Living in East Virginia (it will be renamed one day), I'm waiting for our Western friends to throw us some DDR. Hasn't happened yet, but we do have a DDR club...that'll do for now. E4.gif

Edit: Oh yeah, duh...school's out in 4 days, so I'm gonna forget about pushing for school DDR and enjoy some arcade DDR for a while.
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger Yahoo Messenger Xbox Live Gamertag MSN Messenger
gs68
Trick Member
Trick Member

74. PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

765 schools?

BaNamco will sue.
ihcw.stefank687
Trick Member
Trick Member

75. PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

But no one loves namco because they put out those awful bootleg cabinets of DDR and ITG </3

I'm glad someone liked my little rant/opinion though lol
james121
Basic Member
Basic Member

76. PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Encouraging !There is one important facet that I felt was overlooked in this otherwise excellent article, and that is how Dance Dance Revolution also is a prayer for those in need of improving their underdeveloped motor skills.
Trick Member
Trick Member

77. PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where'd this guy come from?
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> DDR Chit-Chat All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: