Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

Rock Band! SUPER COOL! INNOVATIVE! FRESH! AWESOME!
Goto page 1, 2  Next  
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Other Bemani and Music Games
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Reenee
Trick Member
Trick Member

0. PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 8:12 am    Post subject: Rock Band! SUPER COOL! INNOVATIVE! FRESH! AWESOME! Reply with quote

http://www.usatoday.com/tech/gaming/2007-04-01-rock-band_N.htm
Trick Member
Trick Member

1. PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll be the first one to say that Konami missed the gravy train big time, should of released Gitadora sooner now that Harmonix stole their thunder. Anyways, now they'll have a hard time trying to do the location test since laymen will first say "OMG ITS A ROCK BAND RIPOFF, THEYS A BUNCH OF BITERS, YO, FTL," so yeah, they have an uphill battle ahead of them trying to convince the average gamer to buy GF/DM over the well positioned Harmonix franchise.
Trick Member
Trick Member

2. PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

........*SIIIGGHHH*.........They just keep stealing Bemani's trademark ideas.....Too bad Konami can't sue them (Because they didn't trademark GF/DM in US, only JP)......Only thing to do now is just ignore it, watch the Full Metal Alchamist & Evangelion (1st one) movies, & when it comes out, show them GF/DM & how game companies steal ideas from other companies.

Just wait. "NEW, FROM ACTIVISION! A DANCING GAME!!"
View users profile Send private message
jpoppyz
Trick Member
Trick Member

3. PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the difference is that a dance game is no longer a "fresh" idea, where in the US, a sessioned music game is.

a few things i think might hamper this rock band project.
1. controllers. first off, how expensive will it all be? it's already been said that the guitar controller will be different from the guitar hero controller, but how? drum controllers cant be cheap without some shortcuts....
2. if you can do "online jam sessions," how exactly will that work? just a touch of lag will make the whole thing sound like poopy.
3. will the controllers be universal? the 360 and PS3 both use USB, and if i cant bring my 360 controller over to my PS3-owner friends house, that kinda sucks.
4. will i need multiple systems to play all this? honestly, i dont think you can fit a singer, guitar, drum, and bass all on 1 screen.

honestly, i think this would have been a far better idea had they done it at the arcade. then all the controller problems could have been set aside and rock band could be all the game it can. i just don't think it'll be worth it, since this is how i see the pricing go.

guitar-$60
bass-$60(although they could use the guitar controller for bass)
drum-$80-100
mic-$10(although a headset could work as well)

how will they sell it? will they all be sold in 1 big $200 package with the game? like i said before, none of these problems would exist if harmonix would have gone with the arcade.
Vivid Member
Vivid Member

4. PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think i'll be beta testing this and Guitar Hero 80's edition, on April 11th. I was asked to come down to the Harmonix headquarters and beta some games. So beta I shall do. biggrin.gif
Trick Member
Trick Member

5. PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 4:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When you do, show them GF/DM please.....Oh, & Karaoke Revolution. Someone already came up w/ a singing game.
View users profile Send private message
chaosemerald
Trick Member
Trick Member

6. PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 4:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zoniku wrote:
When you do, show them GF/DM please.....Oh, & Karaoke Revolution. Someone already came up w/ a singing game.

Yep konami and harmonix.
Trick Member
Trick Member

7. PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dj Bakabaka wrote:
Zoniku wrote:

Yep konami and harmonix.

frick irony.

also, inb4"KONAMI WILL SUE."

1. They sue Harmonix for betraying them with their KR technology.
2. They sue Activision/EA/whoever for ripping off a GFDMKMKR session.
Maniac Member
Maniac Member

8. PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the idea actually. I hate that the music in these games are going to be only rock however. But oh well. they are fun but rock music just isn't my thing.

True, Konami missed the boat on this but that's a dead horse. If anything, maybe it will get Konami back to the drawing board and bring up some better ideas. Obviously beatmania US didn't do as well as they would have liked but as soon as the game dropped to $30, they could have rushed out drummania to offer something different to GH I think and just let Harmonix/RO have the guitar game. Had they came out with DM, it would have looked 'innovative' to the causal US gamer.

Anyway, I'm sure that the PS3 controllers will only work with the PS3 and 360 controllers only with the 360 as I'm sure that the games will NOT talk to each other online anyway.

Yes, lag could be an issue online but what about locally? That's a party game if I ever saw one. I'm not sure how the interface would work with 4 different musical parts on one screen, but that would be awesome. I guess each player could have their own corner with only their score and notes/lyrics and ditch the 3d characters and animation.
View users profile Send private message Xbox Live Gamertag
ColorOfSakura
Trick Member
Trick Member

9. PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 8:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JustJeff wrote:
Obviously beatmania US didn't do as well as they would have liked

Actually, beatmania US sold way beyond Konami's expectations.
Trick Member
Trick Member

10. PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 8:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sources please.
jpoppyz
Trick Member
Trick Member

11. PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 8:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the ultimate party game.....that requires 3 360s/PS3s, 3 TVs, and all the controller sets! YES!!!
Trick Member
Trick Member

12. PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 8:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
3 360s/PS3s

Stop. Now. Right there. You didn't read.
Maniac Member
Maniac Member

13. PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2007 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Weston wrote:
Sources please.

Ok! I want to see those too. I mean, I'm not saying that beatmania did bad, but it isn't at the same popularity level as GH.

At any rate, sign me up for the Rock Band drum kit.
jpoppyz
Trick Member
Trick Member

14. PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2007 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

how about konami makes the ultimate game ever; where you have...

a guitarist(select songs may allow 2)
a bassist
a keyboardist(?)
a drummer
a pop'n music player
2 dancers(using dance pads)
vocalists
DJ(beatmania IIDX)

certain songs would have certain parts, and even a few select songs have all parts available. each section gets a grade, and then each score is averaged together to give your final score. each part can be filled in by a CPU player and you can play online with your buddies. Sounds like a winner to me? well, top with a soundtrack that ranges from everything from j-pop to classic rock to techno, and you got yourself the most truly next gen music game. and the title? BEMANIFREAKS! that my friends, is one hell of a game.
Trick Member
Trick Member

15. PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 4:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JPFL~Raybe~ wrote:
how about konami makes the ultimate game ever; where you have...

a guitarist(select songs may allow 2)
a bassist
a keyboardist(?)
a drummer
a pop'n music player
5 dancers(using dance pads, para para sensors, and dancemaniaX sensors)
vocalists
DJ(beatmania IIDX)
congo drummer

certain songs would have certain parts, and even a few select songs have all parts available. each section gets a grade, and then each score is averaged together to give your final score. each part can be filled in by a CPU player and you can play online with your buddies. Sounds like a winner to me? well, top with a soundtrack that ranges from everything from j-pop to classic rock to techno, and you got yourself the most truly next gen music game. and the title? BEMANIFREAKS! that my friends, is one hell of a game.

Fixed That would be awsome, but I don't think konami would ever make it.
Trick Member
Trick Member

16. PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

IIDX and popn basically cancel eachother out. Also, If you have keyboard and all that, IIDX (or popn) would be for like DJ sounds, kinda boring.

Whatever though.
Trick Member
Trick Member

17. PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JustJeff wrote:
Weston wrote:
Sources please.

Ok! I want to see those too. I mean, I'm not saying that beatmania did bad, but it isn't at the same popularity level as GH.

The word came straight from Eddie's (DJ Paranoia) mouth over at BMS. He said that Konami never released the exact figures, but that Konami viewed the release of beatmania a "much bigger success than expected".
Vivid Member
Vivid Member

18. PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh boy, are you guys in for a treat. E13.gif
I tried all the instruments, it's no where near completion yet, so it'll be awhile guys. biggrin.gif

EDIT: Also I walked in a took a browse of all their games (over around 500) on a rack. Found some JP IIDX games, and all the DDR's for all the consoles. E13.gif The guy who I was hanging with loved Guitar Freaks & DDR also..
Trick Member
Trick Member

19. PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ColorOfSakura wrote:
JustJeff wrote:
Weston wrote:
Sources please.

The word came straight from Eddie's (DJ Paranoia) mouth over at BMS. He said that Konami never released the exact figures, but that Konami viewed the release of beatmania a "much bigger success than expected".

so it sold 20 copies nation-wide, instead of the expected 8? laugh.gif
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Other Bemani and Music Games All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: