Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

IIDX GOLD: Dave & Busters campaign

This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Other Bemani and Music Games
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Modarius
Trick Member
Trick Member

0. PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 3:38 pm    Post subject: IIDX GOLD: Dave & Busters campaign Reply with quote

Brazoliange wrote:
Hi,

You might know me from wherever, you might not. That really doesn't matter. Although there is clearly a decently large audience for IIDX here in the US, we won't be buying the machines. Arcade owners will. Since a majority of arcade owners are not very in-tune with player wants, and since additionally single arcade owners are not likely going to make a large blip on Konami's radar, I feel it would be best if a larger chain of arcades arranged to buy a quantity of machines from Konami.

Dave & Busters was the best thought I had, though if anyone else has suggestions I am open to them. There are D&B locations all over the country, and being an 'adult' arcade, I would presume the machines would be kept in good condition. Dave & Busters also does potentially have the money to put out to buy new cabinets, and having bought Pump and DDR Supernova cabinets for many of their locations, I would assume they might be able to be convinced.

My thought: We as a community need to show Dave & Busters that the IIDX showcased at ASI was more than 'just another expensive game'. I propose that we get the point across that they will profit from this and that there is a significant fanbase that will dedicate themselves to coming in and "make it make it money". If they get enough positive feedback, it is likely or at least possible that they would take this into consideration if not on a by-location consideration but even as a national decision. I am asking you, the community, to help out if you agree. As much as we can sit back and complain if GOLD isn't brought over or isn't widely distributed, if we put effort into making it a reality we can at least say we tried.

Ways to contact Dave & Busters:

1) Call or mail corporate headquarters
-If you're only going to go for one of these, this is the way to go.

Dave & Buster's World Headquarters
2481 Manana Drive
Dallas, TX 75220
214-357-9588

2) Call or mail your local Dave & Busters

For a list, head to Dave & Busters :: Local Information Page

3) Head in and ask for a manager at your local Dave & Busters

Head in and ask to speak to (a/the) manager at your local Dave & Busters location(s). You can see the lead manager at the locations page linked above.

Whichever route you go, give your (actual) name and location. Politely state that you are a big fan of IIDX GOLD which Konami/Betson (maker of Dance Dance Revolution) is selling. Bring to their attention an estimate of how much money or how many times a week you would head in to play it. Tell them how many friends you have that feel the same way. Say that the theme would fit their establishments nicely and that it would get a lot of casual play from an adult audience. Suggest that the series be added to D&B locations around the country. Throw in whatever you have additionally. Make sure to be polite and stress how big of a deal it would be to the community as a whole. I would suggest politely (once every few days) spamming all of these paths. The more calls and people they get asking them to get it, the more interest they directly see, and the more likely they are to get GOLD.

Thanks for the time, and please help out if you care E1.gif

Rgds,
Brazoliange/Andrew Susman

Cross posted from aaron in japan, bemanistyle, etc.
Trick Member
Trick Member

1. PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We don't have a D&B =(
Trick Member
Trick Member

2. PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 12:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The nearest one is over 200 miles from where I live. frown.gif
Trick Member
Trick Member

3. PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I live right next to a D&B, but the 21 rule practically discards my decisions.
I would be ecstatic if they decide to put one in, I'll wait impatiently till I'm of age.
0rion
Trick Member
Trick Member

4. PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm of age and live very close to a Dave & Buster's, but I still don't think there's any real chance of them getting IIDX Gold.
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger
Edible Bondage Tape
Trick Member
Trick Member

5. PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

if D&B will buy battletech environmental cabs they wil buy anything
Vivid Member
Vivid Member

6. PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I live in Boston, a very VERY popular city and there's no D&B here. I'm upset. Not even too sure where the closest one is..
Trick Member
Trick Member

7. PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

D&B Times Square might get one, since they went out and got NX AND SuperNOVA. I'll let them know, though. I DOUBT Philly would go for it though.
Trick Member
Trick Member

8. PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 9:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol brazoliange.
Trick Member
Trick Member

9. PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Closest one is in a place called Utica, which is....*checks Google*....138 mi. away. & I haven't even heard about this place.
View users profile Send private message
The legend of ZAKU 0079
Trick Member
Trick Member

10. PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cross-posted from Bemanistyle:

Brazoliange wrote:
Just got a call back from the message I left on the D&B headquarters number (214-357-9588).

She said she was returning my message, that she forwarded everything I said to the amusement managers (i.e. the people that decide what games to buy), and they'd responded. She said they "saw the game at a convention in Vegas, ASI, and fell in love with it." She said they sincerely wanted to put machines in D&B locations, but they were having problems finding a distributor in the US and hadn't seen an easy way to import them. She said they were glad to see that there is a clientbase for it and that they will be on the lookout for it. I told her that Konami or Betson would probably be distributing it within the US sometime around August or September, and that they should contact them to see about purchasing machines. She said she'd forward that along to the amusements managers . She also said to keep checking in with my store's manager and with her to see about progress and send any other tips along to them to find it.

Cliffs:
D&B wants to buy GOLD ("fell in love with it")
D&B is glad to see that there is a clientbase
D&B is looking into purchasing machines

Keep calling in to show that there really is a fanbase and this is really looking likely

Looks like some progress was made, we need to keep this momentum going, folks.
Trick Member
Trick Member

11. PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2007 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, but let's get them to where people will actually be able to play them.
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Other Bemani and Music Games All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: