Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

PIU Pro @ ASI in Las Vegas, NV

This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Other Bemani and Music Games
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sherl0k
Maniac Member
Maniac Member

0. PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 5:16 am    Post subject: PIU Pro @ ASI in Las Vegas, NV Reply with quote

Stepmania's head developer Chris Danford passed along this information to me:

"We'll be showing Pump It Up Pro at the ASI show next week.

http://www.asi-show.com/
Wednesday, Thursday, Friday:
March 28-30, 2007
Las Vegas, NV, USA
play Pump It Up Pro at the Andamiro booth

On-site registration $70 per person. It's not cheap, but also not a bad deal for 3 full days of playing an unlimited amount of new arcade games."

If you're in the area, go check it out!

[quote:ed1f6848c5=\\\"jaeness\\\"]get your change from obama, he apparently has tons of it.[/quote]
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger
AceJay
Trick Member
Trick Member

1. PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So what's the deal with the ITG and SM team right now? Are they working with Andamiro?
Maniac Member
Maniac Member

2. PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, PIU Pro is a fork of PIU with both Banya and Kyle Ward tracks. Uses 5 panels but also has ITG-like mods.

[quote:ed1f6848c5=\\\"jaeness\\\"]get your change from obama, he apparently has tons of it.[/quote]
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger
AceJay
Trick Member
Trick Member

3. PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I know that, but what about the other RoXoR-liscensed artists?

Also, they need a REAL Note noteskin.
Maniac Member
Maniac Member

4. PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My sources inside RoXoR told me that no ITG3 licensees (like kid whatever) will be on the game.

and there are real noteskins in the game.

AceJay
Trick Member
Trick Member

5. PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought Kid Whatever stopped working with them anyway....

And the Noteskin has Red and Blue switched, as far as I can see on the videos.
Trick Member
Trick Member

6. PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i'm really hoping they ditch the 2D arrows for the 3D ones used in ITG
View users profile Send private message Send email AOL Instant Messenger Yahoo Messenger
valius
Trick Member
Trick Member

7. PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One thing that needs to be worked on is getting the Classic noteskin right... it's incorrect in its current state.
Trick Member
Trick Member

8. PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2007 2:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll be playing it at Big Al's tomorrow afternoon. =)

Oh, and yeah, RoXoR still owes Pete (Kid Whatever) a ton of money.

A lot of us Portland/Vancouver folks write and record music. I wouldn't be surprised if we wind up getting some requests from Kyle to put in a contribution. I sure would. (I play hard technotrance guitar and keyboard. Great style for dance games)
FLAteam
Basic Member
Basic Member

9. PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2007 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DancingTofu wrote:

A lot of us Portland/Vancouver folks write and record music. I wouldn't be surprised if we wind up getting some requests from Kyle to put in a contribution. I sure would. (I play hard technotrance guitar and keyboard. Great style for dance games)

You can do this? I have one friend that makes his own music, maybe he'd be interested in putting it in. Doesn't seem likely that they'd want some stranger's music though.
View users profile Send private message
ChilliumBromide
Trick Member
Trick Member

10. PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2007 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FLAteam wrote:
DancingTofu wrote:

You can do this? I have one friend that makes his own music, maybe he'd be interested in putting it in. Doesn't seem likely that they'd want some stranger's music though.
I think they'd be more than happy to accept any GOOD free/cheap licenses. Besides, most of us know Kyle. I watched him freestyling earlier and he watched me embarrass myself on the SuperNOVA there. Although they seriously need to get some sorting tools for the song selection.
FLAteam
Basic Member
Basic Member

11. PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2007 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

my friend doesn't play any dance game simulations, but he's goin to stanford for musical engineering graduate school. he might be interested in just getting his music out there. i'll ask him about it. till then, how should i go about getting in contact with the team to discuss adding some of his songs?
CHUCK BASS
Trick Member
Trick Member

12. PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are no 3d arrows so far.

It's just the beta version so lets not get our panties in a bunch.
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger
ChilliumBromide
Trick Member
Trick Member

13. PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FLAteam wrote:
my friend doesn't play any dance game simulations, but he's goin to stanford for musical engineering graduate school. he might be interested in just getting his music out there. i'll ask him about it. till then, how should i go about getting in contact with the team to discuss adding some of his songs?
Well, since I assume you don't know anyone from the R0x0R team personally, I'd say go to Kyle's blog and see what you can accomplish there. I'm sure one of us locals can let him know that there are some people interested in letting him have some free/cheap licenses for this.
FLAteam
Basic Member
Basic Member

14. PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DancingTofu wrote:
FLAteam wrote:
Well, since I assume you don't know anyone from the R0x0R team personally, I'd say go to Kyle's blog and see what you can accomplish there. I'm sure one of us locals can let him know that there are some people interested in letting him have some free/cheap licenses for this.

Thanks. I went to www.pumpituppro.com and started a new thread. I haven't gotten any feedback from the developers though...
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Other Bemani and Music Games All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: