Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

Where's the limit?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next  
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> In the Groove
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wakassjak
Trick Member
Trick Member

20. PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 1:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think what will happen is we'll see a shift to dancing games with more panels after a while; not necessarily 5 in the PIU format, but something similar. And with tighter timing windows than PIU of course.

From videos I've seen it's really hard to combo the absolute hardest stuff on PIU. Who knows, maybe everyone will start playing doubles too?
View users profile Send private message
IHYD.DukAmok
Trick Member
Trick Member

21. PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

if i had to make a limit, it would be somewhere along the lines of whatever is doable on index on stepmania, maybe excluding the incredibly fast people like anobody or something

people can move their hands faster, but on foot, you can hit more than one panel with one foot quite easily. its not quite a direct trade-off, but i think its pretty close. in fact in some instances its even easier on foot to do some things. i can already full combo a lot of jumpstreams and stuff, and all i need to do is work on my foot control to get decent FA with it.

the future is in heel-toeing. theres no doubt about it. anything up to about 230 or 240 stream is doable, but anywhere past that its basically a necessity to heel-toe it. and jumpstream? thats even more tiring if you want to actually try and "legit" play it.

im not exactly trying to brag, but i think im pretty damn good at heel toeing, and i just keep getting better at it. its like im relearning how to play, and my FA is just gradually improving over time. im pretty sure eventually ill be able to FA heel toe exactly as well as i can when normally play. and by that time, we'll have all these 15 and 16 footers that only i can do, and you'll all be wishing you had learned how to do it earlier =)
just to answer, if someone who stands next to you watching you play PSMO but you get a D on it, versus somebody who understands perfect attacking and stuff, will think you suck. A player is considered good in my opinion when a player of a higher level comments about you or see's you triple A a song. Or if somebody looks up to you. Hope it clarifies.

View users profile Send private message Send email AOL Instant Messenger MSN Messenger
Marq(uistadorous)
Trick Member
Trick Member

22. PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

IHYD.DukAmok wrote:
and by that time, we'll have all these 15 and 16 footers that only i can do, and you'll all be wishing you had learned how to do it earlier =)

lol you're the only one that can honestly say that. laugh.gif
Trick Member
Trick Member

23. PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 1:54 am    Post subject: Re: Where's the limit? Reply with quote

beyohbe wrote:
Tekkie wrote:
My question is, what foot level do you think is the absolute limit?

it's when we stop caring about it.

Pretty much.
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger Yahoo Messenger
NOAAAH
Trick Member
Trick Member

24. PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 7:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Z_Matrix wrote:
Well first off, don't go by foot ranking, everyone has opinions.

Second, it dosen't stop, anywhere.
The only thing that will stop someone is when they don't wanna do it anymore.
Fury of the Storm is passable, and so is basically anything.

You just gotta work your way up to it.
Pandemonium was impossible what, 2-3 years ago?
Uber Rave was insane, as was Quasar?
And people have easily ***'d that.

It's not the difficulty that will stop.
It's moving on to the next difficulty that will stop it.

Exactly
Trick Member
Trick Member

25. PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vro wrote:
other quote from pg1

Exactly
Thanks for the 6 week bump to post nothing productive at all.

(T-GOMP)Gackt wrote:
I totally passed PSMO on heavy. So I can do FAXX. thumb.gif
Morphs
Basic Member
Basic Member

26. PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 3:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

IHYD.DukAmok wrote:
im not exactly trying to brag, but i think im pretty damn good at heel toeing, and i just keep getting better at it. its like im relearning how to play, and my FA is just gradually improving over time.

I noticed in the The A La Menthe video that your body is turned to the left while doing pretty much all the streams (including 6824286). Does that mean you're actually hitting two or three consecutive arrows with the same foot?

If so, that indeed would open up an entire new way of playing
View users profile Send private message MSN Messenger
J. S. Mill
Maniac Member
Maniac Member

27. PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He is. It isn't new (it's called heel-toe, flat or future depending on how severe it is, in that video Ryan is playing flat), but Ryan is clearly the most skilled player in the world at it. JSB is usually credited with discovering the style as a way to preserve energy and tighten technique, although Ryan discovered it independently. In a 2004 video, JSB uses flat to pass PSMO 1.5x S4R.
Trick Member
Trick Member

28. PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tassadar wrote:
He is. It isn't new (it's called heel-toe, flat or future depending on how severe it is, in that video Ryan is playing flat), but Ryan is clearly the most skilled player in the world at it. JSB is usually credited with discovering the style as a way to preserve energy and tighten technique, although Ryan discovered it independently. In a 2004 video, JSB uses flat to pass PSMO 1.5x S4R.

Is there a video on it?
Trick Member
Trick Member

29. PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

|cey wrote:
Tassadar wrote:

Is there a video on it?

bump a 2 month topic to ask an insanely stupid question? gg, retard.
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger
|cey
Trick Member
Trick Member

30. PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Even though it was 2 months ago, it was still on the front page, so gfg.. plus the video of JSB s4r on psmo would be quite interesting..
Trick Member
Trick Member

31. PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I couldn't find it. It definitely sounds interesting.
Trick Member
Trick Member

32. PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

|cey wrote:
Is there a video on it?
did you try looking for it, or just expect someone else to find it and post a link here? i think i know the answer to this, since you bumped a TWO MONTH OLD THREAD TO ASK IT. if you really want to find it, you will with or without anyone else's help.

and yes, this will be hard to find, since its a 3 year old video.

(T-GOMP)Gackt wrote:
I totally passed PSMO on heavy. So I can do FAXX. thumb.gif
tekkie
Trick Member
Trick Member

33. PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

|Karma| wrote:
|cey wrote:
Is there a video on it?
did you try looking for it, or just expect someone else to find it and post a link here? i think i know the answer to this, since you bumped a TWO MONTH OLD THREAD TO ASK IT. if you really want to find it, you will with or without anyone else's help.

and yes, this will be hard to find, since its a 3 year old video.

Are you slow or did you just not realize that maybe it's not going to pop up on Google? I couldn't find it. There's also a chance that it's on someone's computer and they're willing to upload it.

Go away.
Trick Member
Trick Member

34. PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 3:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't assume please, of course I searched.. I've even searched multiple times on any JSB video I can find.. obviously only ending up with LoM, Legend Road, Xenon, Jet World videos.

So many people bashing here, can't you guys get a clue please. Does it matter if it's 2 months old anways? It's STILL on the first page, it's not like I went through countless pages to find it.

I'm sorry but if you don't have anything bright to add to this thread, you just sound like a retard when you're calling someone else a retard. Grow up please. (<-- to rush12)
Trick Member
Trick Member

35. PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 8:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

your not contributing anything by telling people to contribute while asking for a video.

just how i see it.
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger Yahoo Messenger Xbox Live Gamertag MSN Messenger
J. S. Mill
Maniac Member
Maniac Member

36. PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 9:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The video is over an hour long; his match vs Adam is the climax of the DDR Documentary.
Trick Member
Trick Member

37. PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tassadar wrote:
The video is over an hour long; his match vs Adam is the climax of the DDR Documentary.

is there anywhere we could view/find this video? (I already searched extensively on google for torrents etc, none worked)
thanks a bunch.
DJ Zodiac
Trick Member
Trick Member

38. PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is a limit, no doubt about it. If you can do 32nd continuous jumpstreams or any any sort of stream that has 32nd or 64th notes that runs at 300 BPM with no sort of rest (think the ending of Delerium but at 300 BPM with a jumpstream and throughout the whole song), then you're probably the only one that can do it. The limit is when only one person in the world can pass a certain song, until someone else passes a harder song. Then that would be the new limit, and so on and so forth.

- MAX. (period)
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger
OLC.Kanji666
Trick Member
Trick Member

39. PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol, although you've got a point, i think this thread was just bumped up from like a month or more of inactivity! Personally i liked the thread, so, whatever. But on a similar note, i just passed some keyboard stuff at home (ON PAD), and just made videos! They "MAY" be things never done before, but either nobody has tried, or nobody said anything about passing them. I'm uploading them onto youtube right now. =D

EDIT: lol, added parenthetical "ON PAD"...wouldn't be that amazing if i did keyboard stuff on keyboard (OMG lol!). happy.gif

http://www.groovestats.com/index.php?page=profile&id=5207

GROOVESTATS!
Challenges???
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> In the Groove All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: