Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

Missing Zip Code Bug in Location Database

This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Site Feedback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RobertB
Trick Member
Trick Member

0. PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 1:24 pm    Post subject: Missing Zip Code Bug in Location Database Reply with quote

I've noticed a bug in the location database for one particular entry. The Bowl-A-Rama in Rowlett, TX only shows up in a search for the entire state of Texas. I think the site's zip code database may be missing the zip code, 75089.

A search on "Rowlett, TX" or "75088" returns "Listing all locations within a 10 mile radius from 75088" (which doesn't include Bowl-A-Rama)

A search on "75089" returns "Cannot locate the zip code 75089. Please try another" But Google reports that it's a valid zip code.

One solution would be to change the location's zip code from 75089 to 75088, which is probably the correct zip code anyway. I haven't done that yet, though, in case the admins want to do some testing.

And while we're in Texas... the following entries should be in the International database. Their Paris postal codes begin with "750xx", so they show up on a Dallas, TX search. There *is* a Paris, Texas, but its zip code is 75460, y'all.

Bowling du Bois Cany ("Cany Woods Bowling")

La Tete Dans les Nuages ("Head in the Clouds")

Matahari TMZ (darned if I can figure that one out)

dance as good you will not, mmm?
DDR and Karaoke updates: tequilakaraoke.com
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website
RobertB
Trick Member
Trick Member

1. PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I changed the zip code for the entry above so it would show up, but now there are two more problems.

The 75001 zip code belongs to Addison, TX, but isn't recognized by the system. That prevents two fine establishments, Magic Time Machine (a high-end theme restaurant) and 300 Dallas (a bowling "destination") from appearing on any search in Dallas. Edit: Make that three missing locations. Further edit: Never mind, it looks like "Funfest" became "300 Dallas" at some point, judging from the identical addresses.

And searching on 75001 gives "Cannot locate the zip code 75001. Please try another". As you can tell by the zip code itself, Addison has been around since before zip codes were invented, so it's not one of those "it's a new zip code" problems. Addison is a major entertainment destination, and there may be more undiscovered machines (I haven't had a chance to check the local theater). I'd hate for them to all be hidden by a database bug.

dance as good you will not, mmm?
DDR and Karaoke updates: tequilakaraoke.com
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website
VxJasonxV
Maniac Member
Maniac Member

2. PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd be more inclined to blame a bad ZIP+4 data source, but I do believe this is all JDogg and/or perhaps Blue^'s territory.

Amusing Pictures: lolddrfreak | Road of LoQ
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website Xbox Live Gamertag
J Dogg
Administrator
Administrator

3. PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not bad, but old. There have been a bunch of zipcodes that have been added an removed since we created the machine locations system.
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Site Feedback All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: