Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

The Pad Arena Thread:Which pad is better? Ask/Find out here!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21, 22, 23  Next  
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Bemani Controllers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
xddragonx
Trick Member
Trick Member

40. PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TX-2000 is basically the TX-1000 only without the bar right? But a better TX i heard was the tx4000 or the tx6500.

The MYMYBOX blueshark and the nexen are the only ones that i hear a good review from anything else, i hear is just not so good compared to the others.
ChilliumBromide
Trick Member
Trick Member

41. PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

abc12345 wrote:
I was looking around the blueshark website and I found a typo for the 8 arcade sensors
Quote:
Due to many request from our customers, mymybox put these sensors on Pomotion
You! Invaders! Get you the hot bullets of shotgun to die!

It's just good ol' Carifornian Engrish. =)

Jamus: The AB is actually pretty inferior in a lot of ways. Even when they're not DOA or rusty, they have weak bases, weak panels, and the panels are recessed too far. However, the tx6500 looks semi-hopeful, if you can get one with decent shipping. If you're feeling adventurous, it would be cool to get a few people testing and reviewing those, but I can't really recommend them until I have more solid evidence that they're worth their price.
xddragonx
Trick Member
Trick Member

42. PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Has anyone tried this pad? BNSUSA Fusion Series II Metal Extreme Platform Dance Pad. I saw it and this is the first time i have not heard any reviews on it yet.

link: http://www.buynshop.com/productinfo/4991/VG-FUS-MTL01/

I want to know how this one is like.
time is going by fast and my money is slow going cause i am holding it too long and spending it on other things like food lol. I am thinking of either the TX-6500 FMAX one or get the blueshark one when i have the cash for it.
ChilliumBromide
Trick Member
Trick Member

43. PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

xddragonx wrote:
Has anyone tried this pad? BNSUSA Fusion Series II Metal Extreme Platform Dance Pad. I saw it and this is the first time i have not heard any reviews on it yet.

link: http://www.buynshop.com/productinfo/4991/VG-FUS-MTL01/

I want to know how this one is like.
time is going by fast and my money is slow going cause i am holding it too long and spending it on other things like food lol. I am thinking of either the TX-6500 FMAX one or get the blueshark one when i have the cash for it.
The link feature looks nice, but not nice enough that I'd but one.

BlueSharks are definitely good pads, and tx6500's, as I've said a number of times, look like they'll turn out pretty well.
jamus_se
Trick Member
Trick Member

44. PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 4:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jamus: The AB is actually pretty inferior in a lot of ways. Even when they're not DOA or rusty, they have weak bases, weak panels, and the panels are recessed too far. However, the tx6500 looks semi-hopeful, if you can get one with decent shipping. If you're feeling adventurous, it would be cool to get a few people testing and reviewing those, but I can't really recommend them until I have more solid evidence that they're worth their price.[/quote]

To be honest, I'm not the adventurous type... I can't imagine myself getting used to solid metal panels, even if they're a good ones. That one comment about how Nexen still ghost steps kind of reminds me of my old, old old metal pad that I bought from them (MyMyBox) a long time ago. If the response rate from the TX6500 is really that great, then I'll think about it. BlueShark metal is still on backorder, so I have plenty of times to think things over.
View users profile Send private message
Darkshine
Basic Member
Basic Member

45. PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As it seems my budget has increased to $600, I was wondering what the absolute best pad I could possibly get for around that price.
xddragonx
Trick Member
Trick Member

46. PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the best i heard so far is the blueshark but there might be some problems. the new TX6500 fmax one which it is from the UK. Other then that other could be lower or just not as good, just close.
ChilliumBromide
Trick Member
Trick Member

47. PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 12:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darkshine wrote:
As it seems my budget has increased to $600, I was wondering what the absolute best pad I could possibly get for around that price.
On a $600 budget, you can go places. =)

A CF Doubles kit is just under $600 all told, I believe, so if CF gets their act together any time soon, you could be a VERY happy camper.

You could also build an AMAZING homebrew for $600. I'd even be willing to help you design it (no charge, we're not that big yet E15.gif) if you're interested. Although I'm notorious for taking forever on stuff (I have witnesses!), so if patience isn't your thing maybe you should just design it yourself. If you are interested though, just tell me what you'd want (more details = better) and I'll get crackin'. =)

At MMB, really all you'd be able to do would be get a BlueShark, cross your fingers, and hope it's not a dud. You wouldn't come close to your budget though.

If you want to order from DTG, you could become very, VERY happy, but first you'd have to be very, VERY impatient. E15.gif
Here's what you could get for $600:
2 DT200's with attaching base plates and whatever other cool things we could slap on. (I could make 'em so that they're hinged together and fold on top of each other to make a big, 500lb chunk of cool; you wouldn't be able to move it though.)
1 Very spiffy DT500 Custom with all the trimmings.
10 DT600's. YOU COULD START A DANCE TEAM!!!!
6 DT610's. If you want a smaller dance team with better quality. E15.gif
2 DT600 Customs with every trimming we could possibly imagine. (I could max it out at about $550, and that would still take quite a feat of creativity)
2 fairly stardard DT500's. With 32 arcade sensors (4 per arrow), that would probably be just nudging the line of $600, possibly crossing it.

Sorry if I'm kind of overadvertising here, I actually recommend a homebrew over actually buying from us, because if you want something REALLY cool from us (DT500), you'll have to wait until June or July. I hope that, whatever choice you make, you wind up with a sweet DDR/ITG setup.

Peace out,
-Tofu
xddragonx
Trick Member
Trick Member

48. PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah homebrew stuff... too long but you know what's in it and it has to be good right? lol Well I am not that smart to make any kind of homebrew stuff cause i just suck at it... >_>

Right now I am thinking of try out the BNS pad cause I have not heard any good or bad reviews on it.
flaredrgn
Trick Member
Trick Member

49. PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i like the soft spongy pads that redoctane makes i think.
its easier for me cause i play with my shoes and socks off and metal pads hurt when i try to play like that.
if you play with shoes, then get a metal one.
but the spongy ones are about $80-120.
Trick Member
Trick Member

50. PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

flaredrgn wrote:
i like the soft spongy pads that redoctane makes i think.
its easier for me cause i play with my shoes and socks off and metal pads hurt when i try to play like that.
if you play with shoes, then get a metal one.
but the spongy ones are about $80-120.
Or you can get the DTG-unique Duct Tape pad for $20-$30. E15.gif

I'll make one when I'm done with my more serious prototypes.
xddragonx
Trick Member
Trick Member

51. PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will be waiting and saving up to buy one if it is that good of what i hear from you laugh.gif
ChilliumBromide
Trick Member
Trick Member

52. PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

xddragonx wrote:
I will be waiting and saving up to buy one if it is that good of what i hear from you laugh.gif

Tofu wrote:
. . . $20-$30. . .

Saving up? E15.gif
xddragonx
Trick Member
Trick Member

53. PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

after i get my first metal one? Probably. E13.gif
Darkshine
Basic Member
Basic Member

54. PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DancingTofu wrote:
Darkshine wrote:
On a $600 budget, you can go places. =)

A CF Doubles kit is just under $600 all told, I believe, so if CF gets their act together any time soon, you could be a VERY happy camper.

You could also build an AMAZING homebrew for $600. I'd even be willing to help you design it (no charge, we're not that big yet E15.gif) if you're interested. Although I'm notorious for taking forever on stuff (I have witnesses!), so if patience isn't your thing maybe you should just design it yourself. If you are interested though, just tell me what you'd want (more details = better) and I'll get crackin'. =)

At MMB, really all you'd be able to do would be get a BlueShark, cross your fingers, and hope it's not a dud. You wouldn't come close to your budget though.

If you want to order from DTG, you could become very, VERY happy, but first you'd have to be very, VERY impatient. E15.gif
Here's what you could get for $600:
2 DT200's with attaching base plates and whatever other cool things we could slap on. (I could make 'em so that they're hinged together and fold on top of each other to make a big, 500lb chunk of cool; you wouldn't be able to move it though.)
1 Very spiffy DT500 Custom with all the trimmings.
10 DT600's. YOU COULD START A DANCE TEAM!!!!
6 DT610's. If you want a smaller dance team with better quality. E15.gif
2 DT600 Customs with every trimming we could possibly imagine. (I could max it out at about $550, and that would still take quite a feat of creativity)
2 fairly stardard DT500's. With 32 arcade sensors (4 per arrow), that would probably be just nudging the line of $600, possibly crossing it.

Sorry if I'm kind of overadvertising here, I actually recommend a homebrew over actually buying from us, because if you want something REALLY cool from us (DT500), you'll have to wait until June or July. I hope that, whatever choice you make, you wind up with a sweet DDR/ITG setup.

Peace out,
-Tofu

If I were to attempt to make a high-quality pad, what would I require?
slvrshdw
Trick Member
Trick Member

55. PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

require...hmm

materials, tools, drinks to get you thru the times you mess up, possibly a friend, and patience...i think thats it E13.gif
Trick Member
Trick Member

56. PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 1:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Material specifics would include arcade sensors (Betson or MMB would be your best bet), wood (fir is a good way to go), sheet steel, Lexan, lights (LED's or Cold Cathodes), wires, and a chip. Am I missing anything?

For tools, you'll need a saw, a screwdriver, screws, and a ruler.
You'll want a jigsaw or rotational saw, a power drill, a metrestick (with Inches on one side), a vice, a hammer, a soddering iron, screws, nails, a staple gun. . .
But you can survive without most of those.
tfield98
Basic Member
Basic Member

57. PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 6:11 pm    Post subject: HVG2 from Fry's??? Reply with quote

I'm a total newbie, captivated by my first exposure to DDR at a mall.

I'm picking up an XBOX (not 360) tonight soley for DDR.

We're figuring Ultramix 4 is a good place to start.

My wife and I are in our fifties, so we're thinking a softpad might help save our joints! And we don't need top of the line... heck, we're just beginners!

E1.gif

The local Fry's store (Seattle) has an "HVG2" softpad, but I can't find anything on-line about it. In fact, the salesman at Fry's said they don't recommend hardpads because a customer put their foot through one, cutting it up pretty bad. This sounds like their lawyers talking rather than someone who knows what they're saying!

Since we're just starting, we could do a bundle, although saving a few bucks isn't really important to us. I'm hoping to get a decent pad for $50 or so, but I don't know if that's realistic. The Konami Ultramix 4 bundle pad is listed on the forum here as "buyable," but I don't know how it would compare to whatever else is available.

So, with some dread (given the admonition of our moderator!) here's the question: "What pad to buy and where?" To narrow it down: price range <$100, softpad with a good track record, buyable on-line, XBOX, maybe mod-able in the future.

I'm sure you all have your opinions! I'm not looking to become an expert; I've done my share of reading here and need some suggestions. In other words: don't make me beg!

Thanks to all of you!

Tom
devout
Trick Member
Trick Member

58. PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It sounds like the ultramix bundle would be a good choice for you. You probably noticed that pad recommendations are pretty polarizing around here, and while I cant speak from experience on any currently available softpads, if you buy the bundle you'll at least be getting a licensed product that you can be pretty guaranteed will work out of the box.

The only softpad i've ever owned is the original konami playstation pad from about 6 years ago. I have it taped down to plywood and covered with a plastic carpet protector (instructions for that are somewhere on this site) and it lasted perfectly for about two years of moderate use, and it still works fine most of the time. I think i heard a few years ago that konami changed their pad design since then, but I would bet they're still a good buy, if for no other reason than they have much more to lose by selling a bad product than any other pad manufacturer.
tfield98
Basic Member
Basic Member

59. PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

devout wrote:
... if you buy the bundle you'll at least be getting a licensed product that you can be pretty guaranteed will work out of the box.

... if for no other reason than they have much more to lose by selling a bad product than any other pad manufacturer.

Both good points! Thanks for bringing them up!
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Bemani Controllers All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21, 22, 23  Next
Page 3 of 23

Jump to: