Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

The Pad Arena Thread:Which pad is better? Ask/Find out here!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 21, 22, 23  Next  
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Bemani Controllers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Trexxen
Trick Member
Trick Member

20. PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trob? Who's trob? E13.gif

Anywho, you'll pretty much want to wait for the DT series to get off the ground if you want a cheap pad with a sturdy bar - TX series are the only other ones with bars, and those things are horrible unless you modify them. Their bars break easily as well, leading to a health risk when using them.

Moral of the story? Wait for the DT 600s to be released.

=P
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger
ChilliumBromide
Trick Member
Trick Member

21. PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trexxen wrote:
Trob? Who's trob? E13.gif

Anywho, you'll pretty much want to wait for the DT series to get off the ground if you want a cheap pad with a sturdy bar - TX series are the only other ones with bars, and those things are horrible unless you modify them. Their bars break easily as well, leading to a health risk when using them.

Moral of the story? Wait for the DT 600s to be released.

=P
Whoops, my bad. But don't worry: it's covered in our warranty. ;D

There are bluesharks with bars too, and they aren't horrible, but they're wobbly as hell. I wouldn't use one myself, but I hear they aren't nearly as bad as the tx bars.
eescamilla
Basic Member
Basic Member

22. PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

just wondering other than the blue shark, is the mymybox solomode pads good?
View users profile Send private message
Travelsonic
Trick Member
Trick Member

23. PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Go with the Blueshark, the SOLOMODE 2200 was good for a while, then I had to mod it to keep it from falling apart. Now the left arrow is shot and I am throwing it away unless I can use it for spare parts.
trob xD
Trick Member
Trick Member

24. PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Has anyone ever bought this pad?

http://www.mymybox.com/ddrmt6.html

It looks cheap and a kinda durable... well if it weighs 55 pounds it should be.
Romaning2004
Trick Member
Trick Member

25. PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi everyone,

This Pad is supposed to be fantastic and now they have all the problems ironed out, there is no reason to not get this pad in here E1.gif

This is the site and what it has to say -----

http://www.futuremax.nl/product_info.php?products_id=532

This is what they say about the new Pad.

Newest model TX-6500 - v3 Special FMAX Edition - Metal Pad
This model is specially developed for the customers of FutureMax .. You will not find this anywhere else. You asked for it .. FutureMax makes it possible for YOU.
Some impovements compaired to the TX2000 are :
- recessed arrows .. more arcade feeling.
- all arrows are of metal.. will never break again.
- 3in1 Control box .. With 1 control box direct suitable for PS/PS2/XBOX/PC USB
- direct connector on the metal pad. No more broken cables anymore.
- etc. etc.

● Compatible with PS, PS2, XBox and PC USB (no driver needed).
● Preassembled by 9-pieces of stainless steel, all sides and middle being reinforced with chrome metal plates and brackets, will  never break.
● Dancing platform with handle.
● Bring the Arcade experience home.
● Metallic heavyweight model with hand crafted.
● Equips a 3 in 1 PS/2/XBOX/USB Control Box, and the XBOX and USB cables are designed with a breakaway port.
● Touch sensitive technology, excellent response from buttons.
● Silent when pressing the arrows.
● Suitable for Dance Dance Revolution and all other dancing games.

The strong and clean stainless steel is ready to resist to the pressure of up to 135 kilograms ( =300lbs), and will never break!
Easily convert to your favorite PS, PS2, XBOX or PC by the 3 in 1 PS/2/XBOX/USB Control Box.

notice too, that it is compatable with everything and made compleatly differently from the old ones E15.gif

I read everything i could with all the other Pads out there and this is the one that i come up with E1.gif hope this helps

cheers

Roman ^.^

Ps, i ordered one on Friday and they shipped it today so just the waiting now for it get here, will let you know more when it arives and try to make a Video for you E1.gif
View users profile Send private message Send email Yahoo Messenger Xbox Live Gamertag MSN Messenger
ChilliumBromide
Trick Member
Trick Member

26. PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The strong and clean stainless steel is ready to resist to the pressure of up to 135 kilograms ( =300lbs)

That means that worse case scenario, you'll only have to step with 300lbs of force to get the button to register. E15.gif
Romaning2004
Trick Member
Trick Member

27. PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DancingTofu wrote:
The strong and clean stainless steel is ready to resist to the pressure of up to 135 kilograms ( =300lbs)

That means that worse case scenario, you'll only have to step with 300lbs of force to get the button to register. E15.gif

Thanks for that DancingTofu, i have not laughed so much in ages, stop it lol hehe E10.gif
View users profile Send private message Send email Yahoo Messenger Xbox Live Gamertag MSN Messenger
ChilliumBromide
Trick Member
Trick Member

28. PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Romaning2004 wrote:
DancingTofu wrote:

Thanks for that DancingTofu, i have not laughed so much in ages, stop it lol hehe E10.gif
Actually, the pad looks like it's okay, but I wouldn't be surprised if it sucks just as much as the tx2000/4000/6000's do.

Anyone have experience with the seller in particular? Customer service seems to be a big factor these days.
Romaning2004
Trick Member
Trick Member

29. PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is a guy in this forum that got his from this company and so far in the ordering area, i payed with Paypal, and got the instant message that they send out to everyone.

I have sent them 3 emails since then and each time i had a reply with in 20 mins of sending, so that is fantastic and the guy sending the mails is really cool and chats to you by first name and says, anything your not sure about or want to know, say anytime and i will do what i can to help, and thanks for shopping with us E1.gif

They have loads of orders too from all over the place, and i think they deliver to America, as i chat to a guy in here and he said he has one from this company E1.gif

cheers

Roman ^.^
ChilliumBromide
Trick Member
Trick Member

30. PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds pretty good, as long as they're not either super inconsistent pads or high-maintenance.
Romaning2004
Trick Member
Trick Member

31. PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DancingTofu wrote:
Sounds pretty good, as long as they're not either super inconsistent pads or high-maintenance.

Well this is really what i have to find out as it only came out for sale 3 days before i ordered it, so will let everyone know, but i wont mess up this section, i will continue with the TX4000 - TX6000 Thread E15.gif

I still though just cant beleave that i ordered Thursday just gone and is now in Shipping from today E1.gif I live in london, and the ship from there lands here sometime tomorrow, so might even have it for Wednesday E1.gif Will write a review etc when i get it E1.gif
ChilliumBromide
Trick Member
Trick Member

32. PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, best of luck!
jamus_se
Trick Member
Trick Member

33. PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi everyone,

For the past few years I've been playing exclusively in the arcade - there's no pad like a (well maintained) arcade pad. Recently though I've been bunkering myself on full time jobs and my friends are copping out on me in arcade runs, so that can mean only one thing - it's time to settle on a home pad.

I've used Konami soft pads and foam insert pads before, but they don't have the same feel so they're out of the question~

Here's my experience with metal pads:

I owned a really old MyMyBox solo metal pad - they might still be selling the same pad on the website but I can't be sure. There's nothing much to like about it - there's no solid platform at the bottom so the thing wobbles and slides and the arrows feel all uneven, I did a metal plate mod to improve the sensors but since I mostly play on my PC I'll have to use a PS->USB converter, which messes up my timing to uncomfortable levels.

My friend owns a cobolt flux. I don't like it all that much either - it's unmodded so there's no raised platforms and the panels feel "dead" to me - it doesn't give, so I can't feel my steps at all, and as a result I'm usually massively off center to the point of stepping off the pad on most harder songs.

My DDR experience:

I can AA most 8s on a solid arcade pad, currently working my way on passing 10s beyond the easy ones. Plays DDR and ITG equally, I'm fond of hands but I can't imagine doing it at home too often.

Other stuff:

Plays exclusively on a PC nowadays. Owns a Wii, but I doubt I'd pick up DDR for it. I'd like to have a control box that plugs directly into USB but from the look of it this is no longer an issue nowadays.

My room has wall to wall carpet that's about 1/2 inch high - it'd be nice to get pads with flat bottoms - the studs make a mess when I move the pad away. On the other hand, I really, really don't want it to slide - between the two, I'd rather get messy marks than a sliding pad.

Responsiveness is a priority - I'm light, only around 140lbs, and like I said, if I can do hands that'd be awesome.

Must have raised platform and room at the bottom of the pad to give so I can feel my steps.

No bars - they never work well, and just looks plain silly. I think I'll use my bedpost if I really have to hang on to something.

Price is not an issue - although, if I am shelling out for the top tier pads I really hope there's good customer service to go with it. From the threads that I've read it seems like customer service on all fronts are nothing but nightmares.

Durability is not an issue since I'm light like I said, but I hate doing mods and maintainance - I don't have the time to do mods anymore like the old days (if I do I would have gone to the arcade instead).

So my choice seems to narrow me down to a RO Afterburner, Cobalt Flux with arcade mod, and the relatively new BlueShark. Given my situation, what is my best option?

Thanks for reading, and I'll hand you a virtual cookie if you got this far~
ChilliumBromide
Trick Member
Trick Member

34. PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The AB will probably be too insensitive and bouncy you (those are THICK carpets), so I'd eliminate that.

A good, arcade modded CF will feel alright after about a week of regular play, and if it makes it a month, you can rely on it for years to come. Unfortunately, CF's been pumping out a lot of duds, even down to pads like DarkCore's, which is a complete disaster of a pad.

BlueSharks are awesome pads with few problems. If they arrive working perfectly, you're in great shape and you'll never have a worry in the world. However, if you have issues, I'm not too confident in MMB's customer service becoming world-class.

At Dancing Tofu Gaming, you can get a DT600 Deluxe with no bar for about $115. It's not super-sensitive, but should more responsive than your average decent-condition arcade platform. They're in size to the Bluesharks, but much lighter. They don't use the arcade sensors, but I can at least give you the customer service that someone paying hundreds of dollars deserves.
xddragonx
Trick Member
Trick Member

35. PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like you said Discoman...

I have been looking around at the forms before i even registered here! hahaha. Anyway... I noticed that there are pros and cons for each very good metal pad...

Blueshark : Very pricey but its just awesome, what more i need to say right? lol. Been on back order since i serched for it...

flux : Less pricey but still in the 300 range. Problems i have seen is that it will be a 50/50 on getting one that is awesome or it could just be crap.

nexen : mid rang price, good looking and sturdy. Problems : the sensors could be messed up or pressing once would make a "double hit" .

TX-4000 : Very cheap but i hear all TX are just well... poopy. But it looks pretty sturdy since it is an all metal pad. This series i hear are picking up but no conf if it is just AS good as blueshark/CF but the only review i have read is from someone who is not in the US area.

BNSUSA Fusion Series II Metal Extreme Platform Dance Pad: Have not heard anything about it so i dunno how it is but it is pretty cheap and im afraid of getting it and busting it in the end of the week. Anyone tried this metal pad yet?

I just need some help cause i am in a hole on picking any of the 5 that is up there. Can any one help me pick one? Because I looked at all of them and they all look tempting to get but i just want one that is just good and last pretty long before i turn old lol.

Oh I really don't like to get a bar cause i prefer not to play with one. I just use a chair lol, but yea like to get no bar but if it is like the TX-6500 which i hear it is better and with a bar only i guess i have no choice on getting it.

So any help?

- DD (AKA DDragon)
Tobias Preener
Trick Member
Trick Member

36. PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey everyone, how good is the TX-2000? Also, can I get a site that sells the TX-6500 that doesn't list European currency (I want US dollars) and about how much US dollars will the TX-6500 cost?

Brawl FC (PM me): 0989-1391-5541
View users profile Send private message Send email AOL Instant Messenger Yahoo Messenger Xbox Live Gamertag MSN Messenger
revenGmyass
Trick Member
Trick Member

37. PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Amedectlyte wrote:
about how much US dollars will the TX-6500 cost?

i did a conversion and the price of the TX-6500 comes to about $220
Trick Member
Trick Member

38. PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DancingTofu wrote:
The AB will probably be too insensitive and bouncy you (those are THICK carpets), so I'd eliminate that.

A good, arcade modded CF will feel alright after about a week of regular play, and if it makes it a month, you can rely on it for years to come. Unfortunately, CF's been pumping out a lot of duds, even down to pads like DarkCore's, which is a complete disaster of a pad.

BlueSharks are awesome pads with few problems. If they arrive working perfectly, you're in great shape and you'll never have a worry in the world. However, if you have issues, I'm not too confident in MMB's customer service becoming world-class.

At Dancing Tofu Gaming, you can get a DT600 Deluxe with no bar for about $115. It's not super-sensitive, but should more responsive than your average decent-condition arcade platform. They're in size to the Bluesharks, but much lighter. They don't use the arcade sensors, but I can at least give you the customer service that someone paying hundreds of dollars deserves.

Thanks for the reply - my impression on the pads are similar after reading all the posts on the stickies, but since the BlueShark is on back order I was hoping that maybe an Afterburner would do just as well. I never really liked the Cobalt Flux, so I probably wouldn't get it unless everyone recommends it.

I'm going to wait for the BlueShark to mysteriously pop back up for sale again (and hope that the next batch of shipment doesn't screw up like these pads tend to do)... I imagine that should be more then plenty of time for the DT models to convicne me otherwise E1.gif

By the way, before I forget:

abc12345
Trick Member
Trick Member

39. PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was looking around the blueshark website and I found a typo for the 8 arcade sensors
Quote:
Due to many request from our customers, mymybox put these sensors on Pomotion
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Bemani Controllers All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 21, 22, 23  Next
Page 2 of 23

Jump to: