Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

Awesome new pad design "Decepticon"

This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Bemani Controllers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
daikenkai =[
Trick Member
Trick Member

0. PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 8:23 pm    Post subject: Awesome new pad design "Decepticon" Reply with quote

Ive decided I will name my line of custom pads after stuff in transformers! My current hardpad AKA Proto-Photon is tired, and it literally is starting to split apart.

I have designed a new didder homebrew pad thats big, heavy, and uber awesome! I do not have pictures yet, It was designed in 3d on my macbook, but now I need to get my macbook fixed, it is sitting in the apple store awaiting repair.

Anyways the new "Decepticon" will be 3"x37"x41", and it will be constructed from half inch board, those 2 inch fence poles (the wooden square kind), and will probably be around 50 pounds. It will have some awesome acrylic panels, doublelayered 1/4 inch, and it will have some badbutt easily-servicable aluminum tape sensors. Why? Cuz its cheap E10.gif

THe cost will most likely be 100 or so dollars, but I will get my funding from mr piggybank and from cashcrate. My current spending plan is to get roughly 60 percent from my piggy bank and roughly 40 percent from my cashcrate earnings, which were 30 dollars last time. This time I am going to switch to CashLagoon, which I heard really works too, and is also pay-pal-able.

I will find wayz to cut the price down. ALso, I am salvaging electronics from my uber-phailed Splinter and from the rundown Photon. I hope to get it lower than 60 dollars.

BTW the paint job will be on aluminum flashing, it will be aluminum with black paint splatters and some heavy scratches. This is NOT going to be a "barefoot or socks" pad.
View users profile Send private message Xbox Live Gamertag MSN Messenger
Ghettobarney
Trick Member
Trick Member

1. PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't use aluminum tape unless you know for 100% sure that it's conductive.

OMG I BEETS MACKS 300!
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website
daikenkai =[
Trick Member
Trick Member

2. PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know. BTW I know for sure aluminum tape is not good at all for durability. I plan to keep a little hollow "toolbox" area in one of the stationary squares, which will hold the rolls of tape and LEDs and stuff.
mikieson
Trick Member
Trick Member

3. PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 9:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OrangeJuice wrote:

Aluminum isnt worth a monkeycrap...Use real metals for your sensors..
View users profile Send private message
Agent
Trick Member
Trick Member

4. PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OrangeJuice wrote:

Me and my dad replaced that poopy that coats the bottom of cheap pad's arrows with a regular aluminum tape and it worked much better. I think most of them will conduct, just depends on whether you buy some crap that's mixed with a bunch of metals to save money or something.
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
daikenkai =[
Trick Member
Trick Member

5. PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Update: For te Depecticon I will add spinnaz ont he side. Every time an arrow is pressed it will light up AND a circuit will spin 4 spinnaz with cheap electric motors.
tekkie
Trick Member
Trick Member

6. PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

blink.gif
Trick Member
Trick Member

7. PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The pad wil need to be 6 inches tall for that tho. But that offers lots of room for some stuff.

And that wasn't a postwhore
Discoman
Maniac Member
Maniac Member

8. PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

大見解 | DDR wrote:
The pad wil need to be 6 inches tall for that tho. But that offers lots of room for some stuff.

And that wasn't a postwhore

Simply saying something isn't a whoring post when it is a whoring post doesn't change what it is.

But, you are right this time. Stop responding to every time I warn you. It doesn't help.
That guy with the afro...
Trick Member
Trick Member

9. PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, especially when it's on a thread everyone else can read.

But on topic (before this thread gets locked), might I suggest posting this in the "Home Built Metal DDR Pad (Part IV)" thread? I dunno how the Dancing Tofu thread stayed alive, but I am assuming it has something to do with how it's not just talking about what that person is going to do.
Devon
Trick Member
Trick Member

10. PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RandomUser wrote:

But on topic (before this thread gets locked), might I suggest posting this in the "Home Built Metal DDR Pad (Part IV)" thread? I dunno how the Dancing Tofu thread stayed alive, but I am assuming it has something to do with how it's not just talking about what that person is going to do.

BUT HIS PAD HAS SPINNAZ SO IT DESERVES ITS OWN THREAD.
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger
ChilliumBromide
Trick Member
Trick Member

11. PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RandomUser wrote:
Yeah, especially when it's on a thread everyone else can read.

I think my pad thread stayed alive because I was actually being realistic and discussive, and I didn't blatantly use flattering adjectives to describe my products. thumb.gif

And, hopefully, I'll actually have something real to show for it soon. (soo far behind schedule at this point that it couldn't possibly be a joke.)
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Bemani Controllers All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: