Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

These forums are WAY too strict...
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next  
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Site Feedback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
emi lover
Trick Member
Trick Member

60. PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2006 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i agree thats true
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger Yahoo Messenger Xbox Live Gamertag MSN Messenger
Edible Bondage Tape
Trick Member
Trick Member

61. PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2006 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

P-Chan wrote:
Exclusive Bonus Track wrote:
Phrekwenci wrote:

No moderator is to call anyone a douche here,

http://www.ddrfreak.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=123217&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=134

but calling them peices of shit is A ok ;)

come on, EBT... I'd expect a hell lot more from you... I haven't been moderating since a couple of months, but you know you can report that to any other mod and he'd get the 3 pointer immediately

actualy kiba saw it right when it happened so i assumed it was taken care of i just wanted to play with phrek a little bit

Sohcahtoa wrote:

Its not that we think we're better than you,

i do
Trick Member
Trick Member

62. PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2006 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

crunchwrap wrote:
"And you remind me of a twelve-year-old who thinks he knows better than everyone else."

up.gif

That's what I mean - there's a sarcastic remark on every other post, and I actually don't think I'm better than anyone else - that's just the vibe I get from you guys. And also - from the looks of your responses and smart comebacks, it seems like you guys are 18 and above. I feel it's kind of weird for 20-year-olds to be hanging out a lot on forums. This place feels like it should be a hang-out for people who are 14, not 20 blink.gif ! When my dad was growing up, all there was to do was play baseball, etc. - now there's 20 year-old (goths lol) on forums all day! Talk about a difference in generations E13.gif ! BRING ON THE SARCASTIC STATEMENTS!!!

For God's sake, learn how to read. I did not say that you think you're better than anyone; I said you think you know better, as if you should be the one who decides what rules should exist and what rules should not exist.

And cut out the what-is-age-appropriate-for-a-forum bullshit. Just stop.
Tobias Preener
Trick Member
Trick Member

63. PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2006 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another, legitimate complaint I just remembered-I got warned for not posting a question in the sticky. i didn't think it went in the sticky, and I made a seperate topic. I got warned. Warned, just for not putting something in the sticky? It wasn't intentional! Cutriss must have been in a bad mood that day...

Brawl FC (PM me): 0989-1391-5541
View users profile Send private message Send email AOL Instant Messenger Yahoo Messenger Xbox Live Gamertag MSN Messenger
Flameboat
Trick Member
Trick Member

64. PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2006 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you PM him about it? If you explained it to him, maybe he would have taken the warn back off.
Synaesthesia
Trick Member
Trick Member

65. PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2006 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We should enforce a KoL-esque literacy test here.

G_G
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger Yahoo Messenger
Phrekwenci
Administrator
Administrator

66. PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2006 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Warning for not posting in a sticky is generally reserved for people who have been here awhile. However, if you were to explain your action as to why you did it, you may have been able to get the point removed.
Trick Member
Trick Member

67. PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2006 1:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sohcahtoa wrote:
Its not that we think we're better than you,
i do

Okay, so maybe I do too, but I wasn't going to admit to it.
Trick Member
Trick Member

68. PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2006 1:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Synaesthesia wrote:
I agree with this statement. Completely.
Trick Member
Trick Member

69. PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2006 7:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ramen King wrote:
Synaesthesia wrote:
I agree with this statement. Completely.

but george washington didnt HAVE a white horse
Trick Member
Trick Member

70. PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2006 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phrekwenci wrote:
Warning for not posting in a sticky is generally reserved for people who have been here awhile. However, if you were to explain your action as to why you did it, you may have been able to get the point removed.

I think I did PM him, but I never got a reply. As reimbursement, I demmand that my warning points go down to -1. The sticky was something like "Extreme 2 partial songlist revealed!" By the name of the sticky, I thought it was just discussion of the songlist, and I had a question not related to the songlist. I made a seperate topic, and Cutriss warned me, saying "The sticky was for ALL Extreme 2 discussion." Well, the name of the sticky didn't really imply that.

View users profile Send private message Send email AOL Instant Messenger Yahoo Messenger Xbox Live Gamertag MSN Messenger
Flameboat
Trick Member
Trick Member

71. PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2006 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ski wrote:
As reimbursement, I demmand that my warning points go down to -1.

Why the hell would you demand that? Getting a single point is not some traumatizing experience, and he didn't owe you anything. At most, you should have asked (not demanded) for the point to be taken off, and nothing more.
Phrekwenci
Administrator
Administrator

72. PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2006 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ski wrote:
I think I did PM him, but I never got a reply. As reimbursement, I demmand that my warning points go down to -1.

You think? How can you demand if you aren't even sure if you confronted him or not? Additionally, you got -1 points after the one month that passed that you didn't receive another warning. So we're straight.

Quote:
The sticky was something like "Extreme 2 partial songlist revealed!" By the name of the sticky, I thought it was just discussion of the songlist, and I had a question not related to the songlist.

Did you look inside the thread? Granted, I don't agree with topic titles that don't agree with their content but, on the other hand you should have looked in the thread to determine if that was a good spot for the question.

Quote:
I made a seperate topic, and Cutriss warned me, saying "The sticky was for ALL Extreme 2 discussion." Well, the name of the sticky didn't really imply that.

I think if you told him that, you would have gotten the point removed. But all of this is ex post facto. Cutriss is no longer a moderator, and you have zero warning points.
Trick Member
Trick Member

73. PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2006 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, my demmand was a joke. Sorry. Thanks for clearing that up. Next time I will PM the person who gave me warning points when I don't think I deserve them.

Cartoonist
Trick Member
Trick Member

74. PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2006 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Synaesthesia wrote:

Agreed.
View users profile Send private message
0rion
Trick Member
Trick Member

75. PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2007 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Banoony wrote:
Synaesthesia wrote:

Agreed.

Sorry, but I can't agree with that. Just because someone isn't absolutely perfect with their writing, it doesn't make them a detriment to the board. As long as you can understand the message they're trying to convey, there's really no reason to complain about whether or not they write it out absolutely correctly. And for the most part, people on the boards can at least make themselves understood with no real trouble.
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger
Shinmizu
Staff Member
Staff Member

76. PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

but calling them peices of shit is A ok E13.gif
Appropriate warning points handed out, if it makes you feel better. Don't think it'll amount to much.
For a Good time, call 555-1212 and ask for Susan. For a Great time, call 555-3487 and ask for Mindy. For a Perfect time, call 555-6341 and ask for Stephanie. For a Marvelous time, call 555-6341 and ask for Stephanie's mom.
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website
social life ninja supreme
Trick Member
Trick Member

77. PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 12:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phrekwenci wrote:
Cutriss is no longer a moderator
Since when?
Phrekwenci
Administrator
Administrator

78. PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 12:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

stuiskoo wrote:
Phrekwenci wrote:
Since when?
Since the beginning of December I believe.
Trick Member
Trick Member

79. PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 12:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phrekwenci wrote:
stuiskoo wrote:
Phrekwenci wrote:
Since when?
Since the beginning of December I believe.
So that's where my warning points went... well that's news to me. Anyway...
Shinmizu wrote:
but calling them peices of shit is A ok E13.gif
Appropriate warning points handed out, if it makes you feel better. Don't think it'll amount to much.
This is a good example of how DDRfreak's "strict" rules do more good than people think. However, It is true that it's hard to adjust to them at first. Believe me, I know. riiight.gif
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Site Feedback All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6

Jump to: