Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

DDR Toys at Burger King
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next  
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> DDR Chit-Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Junior Asparagus
Administrator
Administrator

0. PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 11:36 am    Post subject: DDR Toys at Burger King Reply with quote

Burger King has partnered up with Konami to deliver exclusive DDR toys available with BK Kids Meals. The eight different toys can be seen on the promotional website, which seems to encourage fitness and fun through DDR. There is also a simple Flash game on the page which gives a code to unlock "Memories" on DDR Extreme for PS2 when completed. These products will be available through the end of the year while supplies last. Check 'em out while you can!
Trick Member
Trick Member

1. PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Never thought I'd live to see the day where BK caries DDR toys. The CD looks like the only decent thing in there though.

I bet the DDR Power Quencher is about the size of a shot glass.
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger Yahoo Messenger Xbox Live Gamertag
DARREN HAYEZ
Trick Member
Trick Member

2. PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The toys all look pretty ridiculous. I love Burger King, but I never get kids meals. Maybe I will sometime and see if I can get the strobe thing. E1.gif

Wow, so now all I have to do is put in that code and I can unlock Memories. I love how people have been trying to hack into the game and whatnot, and now Konami hands out the code in a game that takes two seconds to play. biggrin.gif

View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger Xbox Live Gamertag MSN Messenger
Terra (Red)
Trick Member
Trick Member

3. PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My local burger king only had two of the toys. So I guess they get two new toys every week. The cd wasn't in the display either.
View users profile Send private message
sherl0k
Maniac Member
Maniac Member

4. PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 12:42 pm    Post subject: Re: DDR Toys at Burger King Reply with quote

Junior Asparagus wrote:
"Memories" on DDR Extreme for PS2

i can't figure out how to respond to this.

[quote:ed1f6848c5=\\\"jaeness\\\"]get your change from obama, he apparently has tons of it.[/quote]
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger
videoCWK
Trick Member
Trick Member

5. PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 12:58 pm    Post subject: Re: DDR Toys at Burger King Reply with quote

Junior Asparagus wrote:
"Memories" on DDR Extreme for PS2

Wow, unlocking memories in Extreme is more retarded than unlocking everything in SuperNOVA.
Trick Member
Trick Member

6. PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 1:17 pm    Post subject: Re: DDR Toys at Burger King Reply with quote

Burger King wrote:
Congradulations! Use this code to unlock the song Memories on DDR Extreme:
On the main menu, Enter the code below with the player 2 controller:
Press Left four times
Press Up three times
Press square one time
Press right two times
Press down three times
Press square two times
Press select one time.
You will hear a swish sound upon correct entry.

Wow, two releases later and Konami decides to pull a random code out of it's ass and hand it to burger king. This is what had been driving (some of) us insane, and now that we're all over it, Konami decides to make us play one shitty flash game for the code they've been holding from us. Memories, alright. I remember playing Extreme. I remember staying up all night doing everything just to try to figgure out how to get that one song. Those are my memories that Konami has dug up.
Well, to everyone who said that Memories couldn't be unlocked: Eat it! To everyone that said that Konami f'd up and that Memories not being unlockable was a mistake: Eat it raw!
Because konami knows how to be annoy the hell out of us. Holey crap.
And btw videocwk: Unlocking memories finally completes every song in Extreme, making Heavy Master possible. It's a big deal to some people. And it only takes a second, where unlocking everything in supernova takes like twenty hours
Trick Member
Trick Member

7. PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 1:28 pm    Post subject: Re: DDR Toys at Burger King Reply with quote

Forgive me, Taco Bell.

Memories.

Fucking lol.

The steps are nothing exciting.

Edit: They've put some pretty good songs on the music player.
Trick Member
Trick Member

8. PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone know if these toys are at Burger Kings in Canada? The last BK commercial I saw wasn't about DDR toys. :\
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website MSN Messenger
Flameboat
Trick Member
Trick Member

9. PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I still can not fucking believe the Memories unlock code came out like this (or that there was one in the first place). This is the most Konami-ish thing Konami's ever done as far as I remember. Amazing. I'm not sure whether to be pissed about how ridiculous this is or amazed at how they managed to fool an entire online community into thinking they screwed up ExUS (well, other than dance play mode that is XD). Either way, I think this is sorta cool.
Fuery
Trick Member
Trick Member

10. PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think everyone died a little inside that Konami would resort to using the very thing that's making kids in our generation obese these days for a damn code.

But who would've known that they'd be using Burger King? But that's one mystery in the DDR world that could finally come to an end.
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger
DarkCore
Trick Member
Trick Member

11. PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How is this cool?
Konami makes up a code for Memories, waits two years and gives it to Burger King to give out in a flash game. Leave it to Konami to do something this stupid.
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website MSN Messenger
Marq(uistadorous)
Trick Member
Trick Member

12. PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is lame and cool at the same time lol. I'd actually like to have some of those, especially the cd E1.gif
Vivid Member
Vivid Member

13. PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marquistadorous wrote:
This is lame and cool at the same time lol. I'd actually like to have some of those, especially the cd E1.gif

As well as the stickers. biggrin.gif
Trick Member
Trick Member

14. PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

red shoe paul wrote:
Marquistadorous wrote:

As well as the stickers. biggrin.gif

definately nerd.gif
Trick Member
Trick Member

15. PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DarkCore wrote:
How is this cool?
Konami makes up a code for Memories, waits two years and gives it to Burger King to give out in a flash game. Leave it to Konami to do something this stupid.

I buy a game. I play the hell out of it; I think I've unlocked everything there is to unlock. 2 years later, "Oh, BTW there's another previously unlockable song in there". It's a cool surprise. I don't think it would be smart to do it again now that everyone knows the trick, but it was a nice surprise.
Islander
Staff Member
Staff Member

16. PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't believe I just dusted off my copy of Extreme to unlock that ish. Looks like I know where I'll be going for dinner tonight.
Mostly_Harmless
Trick Member
Trick Member

17. PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gosh im so sick of seeing ddr everywhere....Konami has taken over fast food now too.......I really hope this is a joke DDR + Fat children who love to eat at bk = ultimate combo
View users profile Send private message Send email AOL Instant Messenger Yahoo Messenger
Junior Asparagus
Administrator
Administrator

18. PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmm...I don't have a PS2 and I've never played Extreme for consoles. Can someone just give me a quick summary of what this Memories controversy is? I had no idea that that would actually be big news!
Maniac Member
Maniac Member

19. PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Would a 69 page thread on the subject be of any assistance, sir? E1.gif

[quote:ed1f6848c5=\\\"jaeness\\\"]get your change from obama, he apparently has tons of it.[/quote]
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> DDR Chit-Chat All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 1 of 10

Jump to: