Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

Dancing Tofu Gaming - GIGANAUT Dance Pad Beta (upd. 8/9)
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 22, 23, 24  Next  
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Bemani Controllers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ChilliumBromide
Trick Member
Trick Member

0. PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 2:08 am    Post subject: Dancing Tofu Gaming - GIGANAUT Dance Pad Beta (upd. 8/9) Reply with quote

New deals on the site! Check them! They're pretty cool!

Photo album is on the second post.

Quote:
Hello, friends at DDR Freak!

After my little 6-month hiatus, I've managed to reorganize pretty much everything I've done. No more scrap works. I've decided that if I make a poopy pad, I leave it and shell out the extra money for all new materials. Thus, all my prototypes will remain fully intact as completed from now on. I believe this will greatly benefit my future designs, because I will have a physical sample of all errors.

I'm currently working on a $10 budget. If anyone wants to amend that, you're welcome to invest via paypal (thatlatu@gmail.com), but be warned that I'm still working on paying off some debts I accumulated last time around, and I'll be paying those off before I pay off more recent loans.

One of the major decisions I've made is to not limit myself to DDR pads. Those wishing to sponsor any prototype models of any other type of controller, cabinet, etc. are welcome to do so, but should be aware that it usually takes 2-4 prototype models before a unit is ready for beta release.

GIGANAUT DDR pads are available. All I have constructed thus far are prototypes, which you DON'T want. If you want to order one of these, be prepared to pay the $75 material fee when you order and remember that these do not currently come with a CB. My control boxes are still in their prototype phase, but the pads come ready-to-solder to most controllers.

I am also selling parts to anyone who is interested. Bulk orders may require a prepaid material fee, but otherwise, you pay the day I ship.

On the subject of shipping, I have not discussed rates with any shipping companies in about a year. If you would like me to talk to a specific company about shipping, please let me know.

Announcements from the site:
Quote:
ANNOUNCEMENT (July 02, 2008)

The GIGANAUT has been available for about 3 hours and 15 minutes now. Be aware that this pad does not currently come with a DTG Control Box, so you should be prepared to attach your pad to your own controller. You may order a control box either attached or detachable to your specifications when you email me at THATLATU@GMAIL.COM to inquire regarding your GIGANAUT or Custom Home Entertainment Cabinet. If you want to lower the price even more than the Special Deals listed below, please let me know!

-DT

ANNOUNCEMENT (June 30, 2008)

The GIGANAUT (pronounce Jig-Uh-Not, like Juggernaut) DDR ASC enters beta release tomorrow afternoon at 9pm PST. The following special deals will be in place:

Kumoricon Special: Those buying a GIGANAUT before August 2nd who pledge to bring the controller to Kumoricon will recieve an instant and full refund of all design fees incurred by Dancing Tofu. This amounts to roughly $45. Those who bring the pad to the convention will receive an additional $25 after the convention from Dancing Tofu. Kumori Convention is an Anime/Gaming convention in Portland, OR run by Altonimbus Entertainment. Altonimbus Entertainment is not responsible for the content of this site or the business of this establishment.

SubVersion Special: Those buying a GIGANAUT before July 25th may request that the applicable design fee be redirected toward supplying DDR and other ASC entertainment for SubVersion Film Festival (August 2nd, Portland, OR). You don't save money, but you can help support a growing and exciting event! The organisers of this event are not responsible for the content of this site or the business of this establishment.

Doubles Special: Those buying two GIGANAUTs between July 5th and August 2nd will recieve a GIGAPORT transport box with heavy-duty casters and easy loading/unloading courtesy of Dancing Tofu Gaming! Add a custom 2-colour logo on 2 sides for just $10! Add a custom 3-colour logo on 2 sides for just $20! Those outside the Portland, OR metropolitan area may be subject to additional shipping fees.

Shrine Special: Want to have a truly amazing home entertainment system? More like a home entertainment shrine! Order a custom cabinet now for just $300 (mini), $500 (med), or $900 (huge). This cabinet will be expertly finished with durable, glossed exterior paint or finished wood and plated with steel, tailored to your existing speaker system, TV, and game systems, as well as your desires, with a powerful impact-resistant, virtually indestructable, 1/4" thick Polycarbonate screen shield to protect your TV from Wiimotes and invading ninjas! Regular prices (respectively): $500, $800, $1500. Shipping may not be feasible, so be prepared to come pick up your cabinet regardless of where you live.

-DT

ANNOUNCEMENT (June 12, 2008)

Our following ASC lines are now scheduled for release:

GIGANAUT [DTR03-MT10.20.1] DDR ASC - via email thatlatu@gmail.com - available NOW

DT100, DT200, and DT600 DDR ASCs - through merchandise page - available September

[DTJ01-100] Joystick Gamepad ASC - through merchandise page - available July or August

Universal Control Boxes for all DTG controllers - through merchandise page - available July

MAME and Emulator cabinets - through email -available NOW

Additional merchandise available through email correspondence: THATLATU@GMAIL.COM

Request a specific item and we will let you know if we can make it and give you a pricing estimate.

-Soymilk Charlie-
[DancingTofu]

For those who missed it:
cross-post from p24:
Quote:
I've been trying to post this for about a week, but it's finals week and I wasn't able to access DDRFreak last weekend.

I am also requesting this to be locked, with the understanding that I intend to reorganise and reassess my resources. I started this as a naive 15-year-old looking for attention and self-worth. I got attention, and realised that it wasn't going to be something that would bring me a sense of success, and I got self-worth; now the initial DTG is essentially obsolete.

I want to clarify that I have no intention of quitting. I'm undergoing a process to eliminate this blemish because Matt (zeppy) has pushed me to be more professional. After reading some books on management and development projects, I can see that everything I've done has been wrong, and everything I'd like to do is right.

I don't intend to let the domain or hosting expire for my site; I intend to make it a site targetted towards homebrew enthusiasts until I can pull this project through. I'm working on developing a proper team for this, and I'm really excited about starting off with a clean slate. I hope I will still be able to show my face here as this project goes underground, and I want to let people know that I am now wholly interested in this community and this market.

I owe a huge apology to everyone who's sat through this with me, giving their time and faithful support, including those who have withdrawn it now. I sincerely hope that I can compensate you all in the future.

[color=red]Discoman, if you would, please[/color=red]

My most sincere apologies and thanks to all of you,
-"Soymilk" Charlie (DancingTofu)

Last edited by ChilliumBromide on Sun Aug 10, 2008 4:31 pm, edited 33 times in total
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger Yahoo Messenger Xbox Live Gamertag MSN Messenger
ChilliumBromide
Trick Member
Trick Member

1. PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 2:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Photo and video album.

Consumer Reviews
[coming soon]

FAQ
How do I buy a Dance Pad from Dancing Tofu Gaming?
Email DancingTofu - thatlatu@gmail.com

Do I have to prepay when I order?
No, but if you don't, you may have to wait a while.

Is there a difference between commissioning a product from DTG and buying a product from DTG?
Yes. When you commission us to build a product, you pay for or supply the materials, and we assemble your product. You then pay for the product. When you buy a product, you are ordering from our existing stock or placing an order for when we get the item back in stock.

BlueSharks are made out of metal; why do I see wooden pads in your photo album? Aren't those weaker?
No! Bluesharks, CF's, TX1000's, AfterBurners, and all other hard DDR Pads except for Konami/Betson pads and BeatGear pads are made with wood or wood compote frames and/or bases. The difference? We use green fir and oak wood in our pads, so the wood is less prone to splitting. We also pre-drill holes, as a secondary measure against splitting or warping. DTR03 frames can easily handle upwards of 1000 lbs of force when sitting on the ground. We'll do some impact testing in September or October when we have some spare models lying around that we can trash.

Last edited by ChilliumBromide on Fri Aug 22, 2008 2:39 pm, edited 4 times in total
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger Yahoo Messenger Xbox Live Gamertag MSN Messenger
videoCWK
Trick Member
Trick Member

2. PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 9:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This sounds intresting, could you post some pictures?
Trick Member
Trick Member

3. PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, I may think about having a DDR pad company on the summer. Ive got some plans.

hey, Dancing Tofu...

If you dont have any 3d designing software, try www.anim8or.com

Im using it on my new pad designs.

Good luck!

PS: On anotehr thread, the 55 dollar price is really, really good. If you can make it better than the Cobalt Flux, then dude, you are in business!
View users profile Send private message Xbox Live Gamertag MSN Messenger
trob xD
Trick Member
Trick Member

4. PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DancingTofu wrote:

Expected Release Dates for DTG products:
DT600 line: January 2007
DT200 line: May 2007
DT500 line: July 2007
Beatmania and Guitar Heroes controller mod kits: August 2007

Do you plan on making just a few of each of them by hand or somehow mass producing them?
Btw you told us about the DT200 and DT500 but you didnt tell us what the qualities are on the DT600.

Last edited by trob xD on Sun Nov 26, 2006 1:17 pm, edited 1 time in total
View users profile Send private message
jpoppyz
Trick Member
Trick Member

5. PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

your pads sound amazing from what i read...i'll be sure to reccomend all my friends to the DT dance pads!!! too bad i just got a cobalt flux, or i might have been one of your first customers E4.gif .

o, and i totally love your lifetime garuantee. i give you the best of wishes!!
Trick Member
Trick Member

6. PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll be one of your first customers for your DT600 Deluxe. PM me when you get them in stock. biggrin.gif
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website MSN Messenger
ChilliumBromide
Trick Member
Trick Member

7. PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, this is awesome, thanks everybody, I'm really starting to feel that I might actually GO somewhere with this. =)

Pictures: As soon as I get the prototypes put together, I'll have pictures of everything.

Cavy: Wow, thanks, that's going to be REALLY helpful!
If you want to use any of my designs, I can list you as an independent distributor for your area. That means that you're fully endorsed by DTG, but you can set your own prices, make your own advertisements, and have no inclination to pay the 10% design fee (taken out of profit, not revenue) that a regular distributor is normally asked to pay. The disadvantages are that you can only use the company logos and guarantees for design features; if a customer buys a DT dance platform from an independent seller, that independent seller has to manage any complaints he or she might recieve.
I'll elaborate on Distributors, dependent and independent, later.

trob: I plan on building all pads by hand, but not alone. see above.

J-POP: Thanks! xD
I think I might have posted the short story of our origination here a while back, but basically our purpose isn't as a huge corperate giant, but a way for people to get into DDR and other dance games without having to suffer huge monetary blows or the plague of bad products. For a great pad for the adamant DDR Freak, I still strongly recommend the BlueShark, Cobalt Flux, and Nexen.

DarkCore: Sure thing! I'm probably going to ask my friend Steven to be the standing vice president of the company, at least until we get a bit more organised. He has a lot of interest in DDR and DTG, and might be able to give our company coffers enough of a boost to get some of those release dates bumped down a few months.

I'm also fortunate enough to live in Northern Oregon, within chit-chatting distance of RoXoR Games, meaning I might be able to make some deals with them, especially in the production of HYKoR. (I know, RoXoR isn't the most beloved company around this site, but they should be able to offer me the musical variety and the programming skills I'll need to get it onto the market. The songs will be primarily Techno, Trance, Electro, Classic Rock, and Metal, and all songs with a yay-rating [that's the kind of vocab we use around here] of less than 30% will get edited out and replaced with the next update patch, because, unlike Konami, we listen when people say they hate what's-his-face's music or find who's-a-whatsit's lyrics offensive.)
DarkCore
Trick Member
Trick Member

8. PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What's HYKoR? Are you guys making a new type of 4 panel dancing game or something?
Travelsonic
Trick Member
Trick Member

9. PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you have a webste in the works for your pads?

What kind of sensors are you using for the pad? (for the 500 and 600?)

And I second (or third) any request for pictures, I want to see what this pad looks like, even conceptually.
ChilliumBromide
Trick Member
Trick Member

10. PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DarkCore wrote:
What's HYKoR? Are you guys making a new type of 4 panel dancing game or something?
Try 16-panel+Arms. 8)
I came up with it while trying to come up with an original arcade dance game.
And it became way more.

The dance floor has a 4x4 grid of 18" panels, and you can play with 4, 5, 6, 8, 10, 12, or 16, and you can choose to have arms either on or off, with wireless glove controllers (front desk has a beepy thing that lets them know when the gloves aren't in the dance area, issue solved).
Can be played solo (Freestyle or Point), vs (Point only), couple (FS or Point), group (3 or 4; FS or Point) or party (5-16; FS only) on the dance floor. Then, it will also have a plug-in for a Beatmania IIDX machine, so you can have a DJ at your rave, a Guitar sim (w/ better sensors than GF or GH) plug-in, a modified KBM plug-in, if you want some cool cat playin' the synth boards, and a MIDI drum plug-in, if you want a drummer. The DJ during party mode selects the music, and can even use their own music, but otherwise only uses scratch and effects, instead of traditional IIDX play. When non-programmed music is being used, the drum chart is processed from the CD, so if a certain sound seems like a bass thump, the drummer thumps the bass, if a certain sound, even static or something, sounds like a snare roll, the drummer better roll that snare, otherwise that sound is removed and points are lost. The guitarists just play whatever they want, because it's way too complex trying to seperate out such-and-such a guitar part and which part's guitar A and which is guitar B for a machine, even a really good one, to do accurately on the fly. The keyboardist winds up covering all synth, piano, and guitar sounds. Other sounds, AKA sounds that can't be identified as drum, synth, piano, or guitar, simply play, and the DJ can use funky chorus, reverb, distortion, or whatever they want to edit any of the "band's" or track music. In the mean time, the dancers are all taking turns freestyling. It goes around clockwise, and if the same move is used 3 or more times in the same minute without being followed or preceded by something more unique, the game, the "Rave" ends.
However, it's easiest to use game music, and I'll try to make a system available online so that songs can be programmed (the program reads the song, chops all the different sounds into seperate files, then says which parts it thinks should go where. You can then listen to each assessed part seperately to verify accuracy, and if a section sounds inaccurate, you highlight it, click "split", and the parts are split, and you can put the inaccurately assigned portion where it should go. That's where the programming skills need to come in. I know very little about programming, but I do know that it's not an impossible program. It would be about twice as complex as Beatmania as far as splitting parts would go, and it would have to be MUCH better than Dance Factory as far as generating charts would go. Fortunately, there's an easy solution to the latter issue, and that's to simply have the charts made based on wave pulses in the file, then have the programmer edit them as they please. There would also be another type of programmed chart, where you'd simply insert the part for each seperate instrument, the system would read it, crap out a chart, and you'd make sure it didn't suck. So, if you have a song file on your computer for some song you like and it has the tracks already seperated into, say, 4 MIDI tracks and 3 audio tracks, you'd take whichever part corresponds to the instrument part best, and so forth, you either get the picture or you're completely lost.

Summary: awesome.
DarkCore
Trick Member
Trick Member

11. PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought the Deluxe DT600 was supposed to be 36lbs? Anyway can you describe the differences between the Standard model and the Deluxe version? The DT200 seems a bit too pricey, and the DT500 only works for the arcade and is way out of my price range. I don't know if I can't get the best model I don't know if it would be worth it to get one at all. I mean you're charging $800.00 for one and $60.00 for another. Seems like it wouldn't be made to be used for 12's in my opinion.
daikenkai =[
Trick Member
Trick Member

12. PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have some questions

What will the pads be made out of?
Will there be "bundle" packs?
Which big company would "market" it? EBGames and/or Gamestop?

Oh, and Anim8or is free, btw, but its not an autocad, so it wont have like precise dimension stuff.

I don't think I will be able to like actually make the pads, but you could ship some to me, and I could sell them. Im not able to spend 400 or 250 dollars, nor am I sure that in my area the DT500 will be purchased (more people would buy a CF, and the majority of ddr and piu and itg machines are kiddy-arcade owned, with the reminder well maintained), but I think the DT600 would sell great.

Lol, on the summer I think you may have a little competition!
My pads will be selling for...

40 to 75 dollars (more likely ont he lower side).

Oh! Hehe, i just realized...

If our companies merged, would it be called Dancing Cavy, or Pooing Tofu!
daikenkai =[
Trick Member
Trick Member

13. PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh yeah, forgot to add:

I can give you some advice (yes, its free) on making it more snazzy.

First tip:

With a very light highlighter, on each arrow plexiglas panel's "underside", draw an arrow on it (make it neat). Then carefully get a dremel tool, and carefully dremel along the arrow you drew, with some sort of sanding (not polishing) tool.

Then, when you add an LED light to the panel (which COULD, im not sure, but could be powered with the PS2 USB port), the scratched part of it will glow nicely in the dark!
MasterInuYasha
Trick Member
Trick Member

14. PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I may end up hitting you up on this offer.. for the DT200

But yea.. Can't wait to see pix!!!
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
ChilliumBromide
Trick Member
Trick Member

15. PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DarkCore:
1. Yes, the DT600 Deluxe should weigh in at roughly 30-40 lbs. For the weights, I listed the standard models.
2. The Deluxe version is thicker, heavier, and built for 11's+; it's max weight capacity should sit around the 500 to 700 pound range. The Standard model is thin, very easy to move, and better for bringing to parties and school clubs. However, the DT600 Standard model can be easily upgraded to a Deluxe model using some modifications that should take only about 25 minutes to perform at a leisurely pace. Also, when placed on a flat level surface, all DT pads should be able to handle around 4 times their weight capacity.
3. The DT200 is expensive, yes, but it should be right up there in quality withe CF and Blueshark, inferior to the Blueshark only in that it doesn't have actual arcade sensors, and inferior to the Cobalt Flux only in durability.
4. The DT500 can be built to work with any system, but its standard formatting is for the Play Station 2. The forecasted price of a single DT500 pad is $400.

Cavy:
1. The DT600 pads are made primarily from maple and 30 Gauge sheet steel. The DT200's are made using oak, maple, steel, and lexan. The DT500's are made using Titanium plating and bars (shines better and lasts longer; http://www.timet.com/Index2_content.html), oak bodies, lexan panels, arcade sensors, and an iron support grid.
2. Yeah, if you want a bunch of pads or something, just say so, and I can probably knock a bit off the price or something.
3. None of the above. Sales will be done through an ebay store until I find someone to set up a website for it.
4. It's all pretty open-ended; make a deal, I'll decide whether or not I like it, and it's all taken care of. =)
5. Haha, well, you'll have my full support. Any person or organisation that sells quality Dance Gaming Accessories at a reasonable price is a welcome friend of Dancing Tofu Gaming. Like I've said, this isn't for profit, this is for community benefit. I want schools to be able to have DDR clubs on a low budget, I want youth organisations such as SMYRC to be able to have just one more thing to bring light into peoples' lives. I want to help battle the videogame mentality, the 30% child obesity rates, and the idea that money is the key to happiness. (yeah, it's my feel-good job.)
6. I think I'll use something similar to that with the DT500's. They use a rave-style interface; blacklights, strobes, neon, etc.; instead of the usual light-up-when-pressed pads. So, I might make a very thin white film on the arrows, so that they'll have a subtle glow underneath, and a blacklight blue-purple glow on top.

Pics: I'll draft some designs during Illustrations class after I finish the drawing I'm currently working on in there, then I'll scan them, okay? ^^
skinticket
Trick Member
Trick Member

16. PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

man i wouldnt mind getting the DT500..... that sounds awesome!
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger
shurf
Trick Member
Trick Member

17. PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh man. You really have me excited, DT! XD

I seriously cant wait to see these. I'm just about ready to dump the Nexen if these come out as good as I hope, and by the looks of things, they probably will.

Awesome job. I hope you find great success with these pads! thumb.gif
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger Xbox Live Gamertag
InhaleX
Trick Member
Trick Member

18. PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

they sound AWESOME. do they come with a bar?
ChilliumBromide
Trick Member
Trick Member

19. PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haha, thanks guys, me too! xD

I'm going to try to test out a new Arcade modded CF and a BS and compare them to the DT200 and DT500, see just how well they compare, although not until our budget becomes much more substantial. xP

I got another verified sale today! xD
My friend Jeff is going to get a DT600.
I'm hoping I can get an order placed on some sheet metal before January 3rd, while they (Home Depot) still have free shipping for orders over $50.
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Bemani Controllers All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 22, 23, 24  Next
Page 1 of 24

Jump to: