Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

An interesting idea....

This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Bemani Controllers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MasterInuYasha
Trick Member
Trick Member

0. PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2006 10:37 pm    Post subject: An interesting idea.... Reply with quote

So I was browsing a website, right? and found out they sell the DDR Solo pads... It's for the Arcade.. I know this, But I was wondering.. Could it be modded to work with a computer? I know, it may seem stupid, and a waste of money, but I really wanna do it.. and I don't mind working a little bit to mod it...

sOz, here is the link to the pad:

http://www.channelbeat.com/proucts/parts/dance_dance_revolution_parts/130.html

Stupid idea? probably, but it's something to think about.
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
ChilliumBromide
Trick Member
Trick Member

1. PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 1:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I play Solo on SM with my TX's and an EMS USB2 convertor all the time. =)
videoCWK
Trick Member
Trick Member

2. PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

With the right amount of modding, sure, this seems very possible. I dunno how easy it'd be though, you'd probably first want to mod it to work with PS2 and then use a converter to use it on your computer. Then you'd have a PS2 pad and a PC/Mac pad.
Trick Member
Trick Member

3. PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

videoCWK² wrote:
With the right amount of modding, sure, this seems very possible. I dunno how easy it'd be though, you'd probably first want to mod it to work with PS2 and then use a converter to use it on your computer. Then you'd have a PS2 pad and a PC/Mac pad.

What exactly is invovled in doing so? I mean, I was gonna take the basic design of the pad, and then use the custom-made wiring diagrams.

Bascially taking a Gamestop crap-pad and using it's controll box to wire up the sensors, and go from there. but has anyone else tried it? or... is it even worth it? I've played on a CF and a MyMYbox blueshark... they just don't feel like the real thing to me... And that right there is the real thing, just the solo mode.. ( I probably wouldn't use the top left and right arrows)
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
MasterInuYasha
Trick Member
Trick Member

4. PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SO anyone else have any input on this? I am considering building my own, mainly because they don't have any in stock.
ceraf
Trick Member
Trick Member

5. PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

arcade sensors work differently, so it's not just a matter of resoldering. you probably need a different control box or something.

probably better to just get a blueshark
View users profile Send private message
Wakka Lakka
Trick Member
Trick Member

6. PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the Blueshark GXG sensors from mymybox are a drop-in replacement for the arcade sensors, then the arcade sensors do not work any differently and it is just a matter of soldering. The sensors in the GXG are simple switches actuated by elastic deformation (squishing). I have heard tles of piezoelectric crystals, but if this was true, then the GXG sensors would not be a drop-in arcade replacement as mymybox claims. All that being said, a simple search on this board for 'channelbeat' may cause you to reconsider doing business with them. However, Ceraf is right - the Blueshark is the best bet for the money if you want an authentic arcade experience.
ceraf
Trick Member
Trick Member

7. PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

actually, what i meant was that it's not a matter of resoldering the arcade pad to a PC gamepad or similar that has ordinary on/off switch connections.
MasterInuYasha
Trick Member
Trick Member

8. PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So don't do it? Alright, That's fine. It was just an Idea. I am going to build my own DDR pad using Anthony of TGA's thicker frame design.

How thick are reuglation ARCADE DDR arrows? and it's 11'' x 11'' right?
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Bemani Controllers All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: