Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

Check out this afterburner....omg

This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Bemani Controllers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Flound3r
Trick Member
Trick Member

0. PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2006 8:56 am    Post subject: Check out this afterburner....omg Reply with quote

wow...watch this video. look at that afterburner..it looks like that persons foot is about to go right through.
DarkCore
Trick Member
Trick Member

1. PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2006 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why didn't you just post this in the Afterburner thread?
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website MSN Messenger
shurf
Trick Member
Trick Member

2. PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2006 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've seen all of that guy's videos. He needs longer shorts. riiight.gif

Anyway, are all afterburners like that?
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger Xbox Live Gamertag
InhaleX
Trick Member
Trick Member

3. PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2006 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mine was like that the first day it arrived. the top of the pad looked like it was going to snap. i dont weigh that much either. thats why after about the third "refurbishing" of my pad, i got a cf
Marq(uistadorous)
Trick Member
Trick Member

4. PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2006 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

shurf wrote:
He needs longer shorts. riiight.gif

AGREED
Trick Member
Trick Member

5. PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2006 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is why we don't buy Afterburners unless they're for less than $100 and the purpose is to make an internet video of a car running over it to show that the CF is better.

And he needs longer shorts.
Trick Member
Trick Member

6. PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2006 1:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Precisily why I am saving up for a CF pad.. those... even though they claim to be " Very sturdy design" they still flex.. Thus why I refuse to play at home till I get my CF pad.
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
jpoppyz
Trick Member
Trick Member

7. PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2006 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

afterburners are fine unless you play with shoes.

the only problem? the plastic panels and foil contacts. once my friend did a lexan mod and sheet metal mod after one of the panels shattered and one of the foil contacts started ghosting, it worked great. only problem is that she could have gotten a cobalt flux for about the same price...maybe less.
Trick Member
Trick Member

8. PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2006 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

you'd actually play on them without shoes? I mean, I know I trip on them a lot with shoes on but the arrows feel so recessed that i don't want to risk injuring my foot or jamming a toe E19.gif

The fitness center at my school has a pair of Afterburners... they don't seem to have any problems and they take severe beatings even from those dirty, dirty track runner shoes in the rain.

but if I remember right, there was a rubber layer on the bottom... some kids were tryin to move the pad back, and the layer started to peel off o_o
Of course they just tucked it back in and everything was fine... or is it XD
View users profile Send private message
ChilliumBromide
Trick Member
Trick Member

9. PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2006 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Damn, I figured they'd at least be better than my TX. Dx

My tx-1000 bounces all over the place and is made out of cheap wood (I've replaced the base of one of them with some nicer hardwood) and cheaper "steel", but it doesn't bend like that, even when I play 11's and 12's. (which I don't do often, because I can only pass nine 10's between Max (Max 300), Max2, Ex2 (Sakura, PS), SNOVA (HdV, Chaos, Xepher), and ITG (Liquid Moon, My Fav Game, Do U Luv Me [I think there are a couple others, but I can't remember them]).
videoCWK
Trick Member
Trick Member

10. PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2006 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DancingTofu wrote:
Damn, I figured they'd at least be better than my TX. Dx

My tx-1000 bounces all over the place and is made out of cheap wood (I've replaced the base of one of them with some nicer hardwood) and cheaper "steel", but it doesn't bend like that, even when I play 11's and 12's. (which I don't do often, because I can only pass nine 10's between Max (Max 300), Max2, Ex2 (Sakura, PS), SNOVA (HdV, Chaos, Xepher), and ITG (Liquid Moon, My Fav Game, Do U Luv Me [I think there are a couple others, but I can't remember them]).

This is why we only buy CF's, Bluesharks, and Nexens (or BNS DX Extreme pads if you don't want a metal pad). Those seem like the only good pads out there.

Last edited by videoCWK on Sat Nov 25, 2006 1:38 pm, edited 1 time in total
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
shurf
Trick Member
Trick Member

11. PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2006 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

^You forgot Nexen. E15.gif
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger Xbox Live Gamertag
noctorious
Trick Member
Trick Member

12. PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2006 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

^ ya he got me feelin all bad cuz I just ordered one too E2.gif
View users profile Send private message
ChilliumBromide
Trick Member
Trick Member

13. PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2006 12:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

noctorious wrote:
^ ya he got me feelin all bad cuz I just ordered one too E2.gif
Make sure to review it for us.
Every Nexen review we read makes us just that much less hesitant to say "get that sh1t!" (sorry, I had to rhyme xD)
jpoppyz
Trick Member
Trick Member

14. PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2006 3:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the tx-1501's(the ones with the ugly-buttocks ITG colored weird arrows) arent bad if you sheet metal mod and lexan mod them. there not exactly a CF, but there better than a afterburner.
Trick Member
Trick Member

15. PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2006 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

shurf wrote:
^You forgot Nexen. E15.gif

I put it in. SO I WIN LOLZ
Trick Member
Trick Member

16. PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2006 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It looks like an Ignition with some metal stuck on top of it. biggrin.gif

I know everyone is all 100% for fluxes, but I played on one and I really didn't like it much. I got lost all the time, and it wasn't exactly in the best shape either so it gave a lot of errors.

View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger Xbox Live Gamertag MSN Messenger
videoCWK
Trick Member
Trick Member

17. PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2006 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Commodore wrote:
It looks like an Ignition with some metal stuck on top of it. biggrin.gif

I know everyone is all 100% for fluxes, but I played on one and I really didn't like it much. I got lost all the time, and it wasn't exactly in the best shape either so it gave a lot of errors.

That was because it didn't have the arcade mod. I got my arcade modded Flux in the mail today and it's great.
Trick Member
Trick Member

18. PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2006 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah I can imagine the arcade mod would help. And if the pad was actually in good shape.

View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger Xbox Live Gamertag MSN Messenger
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Bemani Controllers All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: