Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

Here's a way to play on metal pads with socks

This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Bemani Controllers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tenkyoken
Basic Member
Basic Member

0. PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2006 8:37 pm    Post subject: Here's a way to play on metal pads with socks Reply with quote

It's quite simple really. All you need is either a dance pad cover or something similar such as the thing in the DDR pad modding tutorial. All you do is place it on top (if the material doesn't fit, just modify it) and viola!

It doesn't look like it's perfect, but that's cause I had the cover rolled up before taking this picture. Anyway, the only drawback to this is that you lose some of the arcade feel (not much) and if you land on the brackets during a jump, it'll hurt (but it's still better than w/o the cover).

Edit: Forgot to mention that it keeps the pad clean and looking nice. I'm also wondering if this would work with a CF. I imagine it would...
View users profile Send private message
videoCWK
Trick Member
Trick Member

1. PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2006 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why use a metal pad with socks anyway? It makes your feet hurt, and the main point of the metal pad is to use your shoes on it so it'll be like the arcade anyway.
Basic Member
Basic Member

2. PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2006 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

videoCWK² wrote:
Why use a metal pad with socks anyway? It makes your feet hurt, and the main point of the metal pad is to use your shoes on it so it'll be like the arcade anyway.

I've been playing with a soft pad+cover, so I'm used to playing in socks over shoes. Also, it reduces the niose level drastically so I can actually play at 10s my apartment. I don't know how playing in socks hurt, except without a cover and landing on a bracket. Oh, and the arcades around me suck/ are too far, so I wanted an arcade experience at home.

Besides, there are a quite a few people here who also play on metal pads with socks and I just wanted to help them not slice up their feet.
linkmaster_6
Trick Member
Trick Member

3. PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do because the pad doesent feel like it would hold up if i use my shoes
dalanx
Basic Member
Basic Member

4. PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I play way better in the arcade without my shoes on, it lets me move quicker so I can do songs like Energizer on Expert and pass so XD
DarkCore
Trick Member
Trick Member

5. PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I meant to reply to this thread earlier...
I tried to play on my Cobalt Flux without the arcade mod with the clear vinyl, and let me tell you...it made no difference whatsoever. I tried a harder song which was Hardcore of the North on Expert, and I got 10% on it and failed because the screw sticking up hurt my foot. I can't pass that song though, but my high score on it is around 20%.
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website MSN Messenger
shurf
Trick Member
Trick Member

6. PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doesn't look much safer, to be honest. But its a start!

Of course not many people would do this as they prefer shoes. I've just grown to like playing with shoes at the arcade (I used to always play with socks).
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger Xbox Live Gamertag
DarkCore
Trick Member
Trick Member

7. PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

shurf wrote:

Of course not many people would do this as they prefer shoes. I've just grown to like playing with shoes at the arcade (I used to always play with socks).

How to play on a metal pad with socks: Purchase a Nexen.
Honestly this made no difference whatsoever on my Cobalt Flux, and the plastic was sliding around as I didn't secure it.
shurf
Trick Member
Trick Member

8. PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DarkCore wrote:
shurf wrote:

Honestly this made no difference whatsoever on my Cobalt Flux, and the plastic was sliding around as I didn't secure it.

But playing on metal pads with socks never seemed dangerous in the first place (except for maybe CF's). I've been sock-playing at arcades for months and nothing happened. How the hell do people slice their feet??
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger Xbox Live Gamertag
linkmaster_6
Trick Member
Trick Member

9. PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

shurf wrote:
DarkCore wrote:
shurf wrote:

But playing on metal pads with socks never seemed dangerous in the first place (except for maybe CF's). I've been sock-playing at arcades for months and nothing happened. How the hell do people slice their feet??

they keep there feet really low to the pad and slide there feet over the bolts in the pad
ArvinG
Trick Member
Trick Member

10. PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't understand why everyone thinks its so dangerous to play on a CF in socks, I always play in socks, the worst thats ever happened to me is getting a pair of ripped socks.

That's also rare for me, happens maybe once every 1-2 weeks, it usually happens when I'm fooling around and sliding all over the pads
Trick Member
Trick Member

11. PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ArvinG wrote:
I don't understand why everyone thinks its so dangerous to play on a CF in socks, I always play in socks, the worst thats ever happened to me is getting a pair of ripped socks.

That's also rare for me, happens maybe once every 1-2 weeks, it usually happens when I'm fooling around and sliding all over the pads

What songs can you do? (10's, 11's, etc.)
Anyway since I flatfoot I always hit my feet off the screws causing my feet to get hurt frown.gif
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Bemani Controllers All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: