Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

Roxor settlement officially accepted, RedOctane also settles
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14, 15  Next  
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> In the Groove
View previous topic :: View next topic  
isaa.????
Trick Member
Trick Member

240. PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2006 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WE need them to start selling dedicabs again

View users profile Send private message
zdr
Trick Member
Trick Member

241. PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2006 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its just a shame that this happened at all.

I agree with Konami and its copyright.

However, I hate that they had to sue Roxor.

I enjoy both games, I enjoy ITG more, but only because they expanded on the original idea. But if I remember right, I loved DDR before I was ever introduced to ITG. If ITG never existed, or, if they never copied, I would still be playing DDR every day, instead of ITG.

Therefore, Konami should be making the 5-10 bucks everyday I put in the ITG machine.

I'm not taking any real sides here, though all my points have been in favor of Konami, I'm just upset that this had to happen.
Basic Member
Basic Member

242. PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well first off, I loved ITG. I was devastated when I found out that Konami aquired ITG frown.gif. I was really looking forward to the ITG3, so now I have some questions that I really want to be answered for me...

Is there still going to be an ITG3?

Are ITG machines still going to be sold?

Please, somebody answer this for me. It would mean a lot. Thank you!
Zeta Aspect
Trick Member
Trick Member

243. PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The answer to both of your questions is "Maybe. It depends on what Konami a) feels like doing and b) thinks will be most profitable."
Trick Member
Trick Member

244. PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Santa is giving konami a lump of coal this year for x-mas

They are on the naughty list devil.gif.

M Mods- I'm lovin' them
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger
)N)D(S(
Trick Member
Trick Member

245. PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 8:19 am    Post subject: konami Reply with quote

They would be stupid to stop ITG completely... they know its a much better machine and besides... u think stopping ITG is gonna stop layers from playing? people aare still gona play on the old ITG2 Machines that are already out .. and even .. hack them and turn them into ITG3 .. come up with an ITG3 Songpack .. maybe even hack a Skin into it .. and voila .. u have itg3 .. the only thing is that there wil not be any updates.. but you do that to an R21 .. and it will last you a while. I know that i will never play on a DDr Machine unless i have too .. and ITG is much better for tournaments.
Kurama
Basic Member
Basic Member

246. PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2006 12:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Only way i learned how to play
lom
max 300
max unlimited

was playing ITG's harder songs
itg was way better than DDR, nough said
it's wrong for konami for what it did
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger
DarkCore
Trick Member
Trick Member

247. PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2006 9:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kurama wrote:
Only way i learned how to play
lom
max 300
max unlimited

was playing ITG's harder songs
itg was way better than DDR, nough said
it's wrong for konami for what it did
Without DDR, ITG would have never existed. They're both good games for their own reasons. Honestly, put yourself in Konami's shoes; another game that has pretty much the same "idea" as yours is making loads of money (perhaps more than your game). Would you or would you not sue to try and get rid of it? Now I don't want you to get the impression that I'm one of those Konami fanboys who won't give any other dancing game a chance because I prefer ITG because of the difficulty, but it would actually make sense why Konami sued RoXor.
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website MSN Messenger
Zeta Aspect
Trick Member
Trick Member

248. PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2006 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, it makes sense. But it still sucks. All we can do now is hope that Konami decides to continue ItG. If they actually felt threatened by ItG's sales, then they should have all the more reason to keep it going and making money, since they'll be the ones making that threatening amount of money. I just hope that they get over their distaste for ItG's former competition.

I just hope. You know?
Trick Member
Trick Member

249. PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Personally, I think it was a bad business move to do this Darkcore. If I were in Konami, yes I would have all the right in the world to sue legally, but honestly I think I would keep ITG around for competition sake. Destroying it essentially breeds an arrowsmash monopoly whcich loses the favor of many players of the fanbase, thus POSSIBLY giving them less money. DDR fans are going to play DDR no matter if ITG existed or not, but many ITG fans may be disinclined after the business move, so in effect Konami might be making less many because it didn't boost the DDR fanbase and revenue and quite possibly diminished the ITG fanbase and revenue.

You've got to remember, most ITG players used to play DDR and play it occassionally.
)N)D(S(
Trick Member
Trick Member

250. PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 12:04 pm    Post subject: ... Reply with quote

Konami`s forums have re=opened ... maybe we can get some more information there ?

http://www.konami-data.com/forum/ubbthreads.php

we shoud all start posting and have a RIOT E10.gif
 
Trick Member
Trick Member

251. PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
They would be stupid to stop ITG completely... they know its a much better machine.

The thing is, "DDR" is universal. The regular folks that don't just say "that dancing game" will at least know "DDR" and "Dance Dance Revolution." ITG has not gotten that type of mindshare and never will. Quality is completely irrelevant in this argument. If more people prefer a particular product, that's all that matters. And I find it hard if not impossible to believe that ITG has as many fanboys as DDR.

And yes, from a business perspective, I fully believe it would be pointless for Konami to continue with the ITG brand and I don't see any reason for them to. They can just come out (or not, given the outcome) with yet another SOS arcade DDR and get more business from casual people and fanboys alike. And I don't trust in any altruism of any multinational corporation.

ITG is dead.

Quote:
Isn't jungle music considered a genre, even though it is a subgenre of drum 'n' bass?

I thought DnB was a subgenre of Jungle? Offtopic I know, but I can't say a give a fuck anymore.
Marq(uistadorous)
Trick Member
Trick Member

252. PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ITG may be dead, but that doesn't mean we're all not going to continue to play this fantastic game for many years to come.
Trick Member
Trick Member

253. PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marquistadorous wrote:
ITG may be dead, but that doesn't mean we're all not going to continue to play this fantastic game for many years to come.

Yes it does. The tournament scene has flatlined in Southern California, and many of the other top players across the country (Lil Q, Damien) are selling their dedicabs. ITG was made for the competitive player, and they're all quitting.
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger
DarkCore
Trick Member
Trick Member

254. PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, but that's only two people. There are still lots of other great players that are still playing ITG though...and since when did Konami make an official decision that they weren't continuing ITG?
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website MSN Messenger
GotACoolName
Trick Member
Trick Member

255. PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not many people will keep at ITG for much longer now that it's been (most likely) discontinued. Just think about all of the people that quit DDR during the absence of a new installment between 2002 and 2006.
grumbles
Trick Member
Trick Member

256. PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GotACoolName wrote:
Not many people will keep at ITG for much longer now that it's been (most likely) discontinued. Just think about all of the people that quit DDR during the absence of a new installment between 2002 and 2006.

yeah dude i'm pretty sure everyone will stop playing itg altogether especially when they can play any songs they want on r21 cabinets, and instead play ddrsn and be limited to those songs
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger
Marq(uistadorous)
Trick Member
Trick Member

257. PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

grumbles wrote:
GotACoolName wrote:

yeah dude i'm pretty sure everyone will stop playing itg altogether especially when they can play any songs they want on r21 cabinets, and instead play ddrsn and be limited to those songs

I like your sarcasticness E1.gif
Trick Member
Trick Member

258. PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marquistadorous wrote:
grumbles wrote:
GotACoolName wrote:

I like your sarcasticness E1.gif

You, sir, have just invented a word. E13.gif

So what if I'm cooler than you?
View users profile Send private message MSN Messenger
Zeta Aspect
Trick Member
Trick Member

259. PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would have invented "sardonicism" if I had been you, but, hey, it wasn't my choice.
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> In the Groove All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14, 15  Next
Page 13 of 15

Jump to: