Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

Roxor settlement officially accepted, RedOctane also settles
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 13, 14, 15  Next  
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> In the Groove
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Auspher
Trick Member
Trick Member

20. PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So...this is officially confirming that ITG3 is down the drain?
Scarenormous!
Trick Member
Trick Member

21. PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sure, unless Komommy pulls a total RAK and releases ITG3 just for the hell of it.
Trick Member
Trick Member

22. PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FUCK YOU, KONAMI.

Seriously,you're an asshole, Konami. Way to piss off your fanbase.

Brawl FC (PM me): 0989-1391-5541
View users profile Send private message Send email AOL Instant Messenger Yahoo Messenger Xbox Live Gamertag MSN Messenger
Scarenormous!
Trick Member
Trick Member

23. PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ski Hawk wrote:
FUCK YOU, KONAMI.

Komommy is one person now. But seriously, it wasn't a bad move, but it was a cheap shot. I mean they were losing lots of fans (you and I i'm sure) to ITG, but instead of stepping up and making DDR good, they just decided to punch Roxor in the balls and send them packing.

This reminds me alot of when EA frickin baught out the NFL so that 2K couldn't make ESPN 2K football when it became more fun then madden. Maybe Komommy and EA should merge and make some Über-God asshole company who forces you to buy their games using money and lawyers.
Staff Member
Staff Member

24. PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Max.(period) wrote:
So...this is officially confirming that ITG3 is down the drain?
No.

Also, points have been given for flamebaiting on both sides of the aisle. If you don't have anything nice to say, then STFU (yes, that was irony).

Sentient Mode is capable...
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger Xbox Live Gamertag
ChilliumBromide
Trick Member
Trick Member

25. PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess I won't be saving up for an In The Groove 2 upgrade kit anymore. disgust.gif

Kind of reminds me about how Sony only allows you to use their poopy hardware with PS2's.
The only exceptions are complex gaming periferals.
I wouldn't be surprised if the PS3 made it so that only official Sony controllers would work with it, so we'd all be stuck buying really poopy Sony dance pads for $800 each.
cfusionpm
Trick Member
Trick Member

26. PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ski Hawk wrote:
FUCK YOU, KONAMI.

itg players are not konami's fanbase. ddr players, like myself and millions of others, are. many itg players hate ddr anyway; for rational reasons or not; and are just acting out as such since their game got the legal smack down.
Trick Member
Trick Member

27. PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cfusionpm wrote:
Ski Hawk wrote:
FUCK YOU, KONAMI.

itg players are not konami's fanbase. ddr players, like myself and millions of others, are. many itg players hate ddr anyway; for rational reasons or not; and are just acting out as such since their game got the legal smack down.

I hate Konami, but I don't hate DDR in any way, shape, or form. Legally, I acknowledge that Konami had every right to do what they did, but I am upset because I feel that they ruined a good thing, but oh well. That's the way it goes E2.gif

Everytime I read this, I see "Eh, it's not that bad. When you're single, and really turned on, you hardly even notice it"
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger
Joel Stud?!
Trick Member
Trick Member

28. PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1- Konami is not wrong. They had and have the right to be ticked off. Their creation was stolen and sold, competing for profit, and removing a portion of their fanbase. They should be able to expect competing companies to at least work at making something truly original as opposed to a slightly modified recreation of their idea; based off a DDR simulator no less.

2- ITG had no rights here. They stole Konami's idea. No matter how you put it there is no good defense for ITG. Honestly they made "DDR: SuperHard, Different Music Mix!" Way to go Roxor. You may have created a fun game, but you didn't put all that much creative effort and thought into the basic idea did you?

3- Who said Konami would completely cancel ITG? No one has! Konami could continue ITG. Although it most likely won't be continued in its current form, they have the assets of ITG's intellectual property and the benefit of knew knowledge of what a niche portion of their fanbase wants. They can continue ITG, learn from ITG, merge ITG with DDR, or forget ITG. I'm betting on one of the first three.

4- The DDR fanbase that enjoys ITG is TINY. Don't fool yourselves. ITG probably soold somewhere in the tens of thousands, maybe hundreds of thousands. DDR on the other hand has sold millions of copies over many more years to a much larger and more diverse fanbase. Proportionately, ITG is a couple yards of rope and DDR is the freaking biggest ball of twine in Ohio; maybe even Idaho for that matter.

5- Don't try to act like Konami doesn't care about its fanbase. The truth is, it just doesn't care about the smallest portion. Admittedly this small niche portion may be the original fans of DDR in America (at least a good portion of them), but it's also the first group to complain about... anything... as well as the first group to forsake Konami for a different game. Where's the loyalty. Konami has millions of fans to please. There are beginners and experts, moms and dads, sons and daughters, and celibate middle-aged men playing these games. They cannot please everyone, so why should they aim to please the fanbase that will, no matter how good the game is, be the first to complain about minute errors and rave about how a rip-off of their original series is better? The ITG fanbase is, honestly, the last group that Konami should worry about.

6- The ITG fanbase isn't that big! Get over it. Now! Really, I know I'll get responses to this post saying "But we've been playing the game longest," or "But we're the best at this game," or "But our insight into the qulaity of arrow-smashy games is more valid than noobs!"

PshWHAT!?

Like I said before, Konami has too many people to please.

FINAL!!! THE MOST IMPORTANT PART!!!! IF YOU READ ONE PART, READ THIS!!!!

The last thing that Konami will respond to is complaining. Why should they listen to a fanbase who refers to them as "kommunists" or raves about a superior knock-off? If we really want to see future iterations improve and become more acceptable to the ITG fanbase, then constructive criticism is where its at. Instead of forsaking DDR stay with it and try to help it evolve into something better. The hardcore fanbase of DDR is the most critical, and it's abnoxious. No other fanbase complains so much. Really, when Kingdom Hearts II didn't turn out as good as expected, had shorter and easier levels and whatnot, the fans said "Could've been better... but it was still awesome!" Why can't DDR fans be those people. Why can't we just love the game instead of putting all this crap into it. Its arrow-smash people. You can like ITG. You can like DDR. You can dislike one or both. But stop trying to make this into some interweb soap oprea. It's a game, take it for what it is, take the company for what it is (uh... a company), and take the news for what it is.

This is arrow-smash people. Not the freaking presedential election of 2004.
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Mostly_Harmless
Trick Member
Trick Member

29. PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

man f.uck you and ur shlt as5 attitude konami is worse then microsoft and ITG's fan base was huge.
View users profile Send private message Send email AOL Instant Messenger Yahoo Messenger
cfusionpm
Trick Member
Trick Member

30. PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mostly_Harmless wrote:
man f.uck you and ur shlt as5 attitude konami is worse then microsoft and ITG's fan base was huge.

lol, thats just pure ignorance.

edit:
and a beautiful post from A Beautiful Collision. the only thing i disagree with is i dont think konami will continue ITG. but everything else reflects pretty much everything i would have said.
Trick Member
Trick Member

31. PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ski Hawk wrote:
FUCK YOU, KONAMI.

Their fanbase, or Roxor's fanbase? I'm sure Konami's fanbase couldn't give less of a shit whether ITG is out, especially those who don't even play dancing games but instead Castlevania and other such titles, but I'll assume you were speaking in terms of dance game fans.

In any case, you ITG fans need to stop worrying. Roxor Games is still an independent company, I'm sure they'll come up with something to fill the void, maybe just make a new dance game and this time, produce their own hardware?

2MB = tomb?
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger
Scarenormous!
Trick Member
Trick Member

32. PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ABC, you have many good points and I respect everything you said. However, I think that Konami should give somewhat of a care as to how we feel. Now that they are once again the only major dance game, the hardcore fans are going to have to look to them for music games. Although Konami could team up with Roxor and Andamiro and make an Uber-dance game, I don't see them doing that. This is because, in the last few years (starting with Max2) DDR has been focusing on the 6-12 age group, and new players (beginner's mode, tutorial modes up the ying-yang, craploads of licenced songs), which would give them no real need for things like longer songs, mods that most people wouldn't understand, more hardcore techno, etc. that ITG has to offer. Maybe they would take ITG's novice mode.
Lately, DDR's appearence has gone down, from being a videogame for the hardcore arcade-goers to being a buzzword amoung 35 year olds in Toys-R-Us with 8 year old daughters. Because, as you said, there are more 8 year old gerls than there are hardcore arcade-goers. So, ITG comes along and tries to take the series in another direction, and it starts to work, leaving DDR to the kids and ITG to the gamers. But now we're forced to go back to DDR. And DDR isn't exactly that inviting. You might say hey, Supernova has FaxX and Chaos and Facination and Paranoia Respect and Max-Me-Mix and Xepher, which is okay, but honestly, that's six songs which aren't even that great. If you want a challenge on DDR, there's a couple songs per mix, the last few missions, then AAAing everything. I don't know, but I am a Dancing game Freak, that's why I am here, and I don't want to play a game built to please the most amount of people. I won't be a freak about a game catering to people who have never played games before. Which is why I'm saying it right now...
Hey!
Why don't you just get up and dance, man?
Trick Member
Trick Member

33. PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So (if I'm reading the legalese right) this actually has nothing to do with whether Konami will continue ITG? It just states that Roxor isn't allowed to do anything ITG-related, which is something we pretty much knew already.

Wheeee...this thread is already starting to look like the old one. Same people with the same old arguments. I think I'm just going to lurk in this thread until someone says something new/interesting.
So um, is it bad that awhile ago I was watching Family Guy, and when Quagmire came on, I thought something to the effect of "Whoa, It's AA Bob!" (I don't remember if the exact thought was "It's AA Bob" or "It's AA Bob's avatar", but I don't think it matters in this case)?
View users profile Send private message
cfusionpm
Trick Member
Trick Member

34. PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheBigP wrote:
DDR's appearence has gone down, from being a videogame for the hardcore arcade-goers to being a buzzword amoung 35 year olds in Toys-R-Us with 8 year old daughters. Because, as you said, there are more 8 year old gerls than there are hardcore arcade-goers. So, ITG comes along and tries to take the series in another direction, and it starts to work, leaving DDR to the kids and ITG to the gamers. But now we're forced to go back to DDR. And DDR isn't exactly that inviting. You might say hey, Supernova has FaxX and Chaos and Facination and Paranoia Respect and Max-Me-Mix and Xepher, which is okay, but honestly, that's six songs which aren't even that great. If you want a challenge on DDR, there's a couple songs per mix, the last few missions, then AAAing everything.

first of all, i find the bolded statement arrogant, ignorant, and elitist, as do my ddr-playing friends; mike from santee included. you say ddr isnt inviting; inviting to who? its flashy lights happy characters, widely diverse music, and friendlier general GUI and appearance would lead me to believe its very inviting to new players; something a business would want because it means more income. besides that, your basis for whether a game is good or not is purely on how hard it is. you then completely discount ddr as being too easy, and there is no challange to it. have you played any of the challange mode courses? i should expect you and everyone else to have 99s on all of them, since DDR is so easy and all. or are you only talking about the home versions, which have practically no relevance to to that joke of a home release itg? home versions of ddr have virtually no competators and the rivalry stems directly, and solely from the arcade.
Trick Member
Trick Member

35. PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AA Bob wrote:
Wheeee...this thread is already starting to look like the old one.

You actually thought it would be any different? laugh.gif
IHYD.Blake
Vivid Member
Vivid Member

36. PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cfusionpm wrote:
TheBigP wrote:
leaving DDR to the kids and ITG to the gamers.

first of all, i find the bolded statement arrogant, ignorant, and elitist, as do my ddr-playing friends; mike from santee included. you say ddr isnt inviting; inviting to who?

I find DDR a lot more fun to play.

TheBigP:

Go to groovestats, and sort by average percentage.
Take the top 30 people, then add in 20 other random people who for whatever reason (dont score well on hard songs/dont have groovestats/etc.)

These are the only people who are good at ITG.
If you are a gamer, then you must be REALLY good at games right?
Everyone but these 50 people suck at ITG.

In conclusion, according to your thoughts, ITG should have 50 fans. No more. I bet you shouldnt be a fan of ITG, along with almost everyone that posts on the ITG forums of ddrfreak.
Maniac Member
Maniac Member

37. PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A Beautiful Collision wrote:
A lot of good stuff

Also I'm more apt to play 5th mix than SN or ITG2... SuperNOVA's songlist is quite lacking, and ITG2 really doesn't appeal to me at all with the exception of R21 with custom songs enabled.

Face it, Konami had a legal right to do what they did. Cry all you want, but it's the law.

And no, ITG's fanbase was NOT that big. It had its crowd of hardcore players and that was about it. Anyone else who tried it was probably confused about the machine looking like DDR which was ironically the reason why Konami sued....

Face it. Either you're a hardcore ITG player or you don't play at all. There's no "casual" playing of In The Groove. At least that's what I've seen.

[quote:ed1f6848c5=\\\"jaeness\\\"]get your change from obama, he apparently has tons of it.[/quote]
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger
PMG
Maniac Member
Maniac Member

38. PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mostly_Harmless wrote:

laugh.gif

That's seriously one of the best things i've ever read. I especially like the morse code inserted in there.

/1337

EDIT: Hail DDR. \0.
Trick Member
Trick Member

39. PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 1:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

US Patents argued in US Courts by US Parties...

US Rulings apply only to US.

Europe is the Future of non-Konami-4-Panel-Dance-Games

MARK__MY__WORDS.

/alex
View users profile Send private message
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> In the Groove All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 13, 14, 15  Next
Page 2 of 15

Jump to: