Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

Roxor lawsuit settled, Konami inherits ITG franchise
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 24, 25, 26  Next  
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> In the Groove
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mostly_Harmless
Trick Member
Trick Member

480. PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

this is a horrible day for all game dancers. I bet even if Roxor made there own Itg 1 cabs from the start they would still get killed by konami. Look at dance factory look at FLOW Urban Dance Uprising. Why are they even still here!? cleary i thought konami only had the rights to 4 panels but why do they let these games go? i think because they are not threatining to DDR. I don't see how u can even say it's simmilar to DDR. I mean there aren't alot of dance games to begin with. what if the guy who ever made the first FPS ever did the same thing as konami? look how many FPS's look the same. The same gose w/ fighting games. GRRRRR im not making alot of sence but thats probably because im very upset right now....the 2 things i can only hope for is that konami hired the roxor guys to work for them on ITG or roxor can move on and go to 19 panels. That is all. o and btw discconected zeo sounds like poopy discconected disco FTW!!!
View users profile Send private message Send email AOL Instant Messenger Yahoo Messenger
cfusionpm
Trick Member
Trick Member

481. PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mostly_Harmless wrote:
I bet even if Roxor made there own Itg 1 cabs from the start they would still get killed by konami. Look at dance factory look at FLOW Urban Dance Uprising. Why are they even still here!? cleary i thought konami only had the rights to 4 panels but why do they let these games go? i think because they are not threatining to DDR. I don't see how u can even say it's simmilar to DDR. I mean there aren't alot of dance games to begin with. what if the guy who ever made the first FPS ever did the same thing as konami? look how many FPS's look the same. The same gose w/ fighting games. GRRRRR im not making alot of sence but thats probably because im very upset right now....the 2 things i can only hope for is that konami hired the roxor guys to work for them on ITG or roxor can move on and go to 19 panels. That is all. o and btw discconected zeo sounds like poopy discconected disco FTW!!!

jesus fucking christ, when are people gonna get it through their goddamn heads that it has NOTHING to do with the fact that its a similar game and ENTIRELY based on the fact roxor FORCED the UNAUTHORIZED dismantling and use of KONAMI'S PATTENTED CABINETS with NO PERMISSION. THAT IS ILLEGAL.

how many times does this need to be repeated??? or are we talking to people who still think saddam was behind 9/11?
Trick Member
Trick Member

482. PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lmao.. I find it funny.. I remember when I worked at a Pizza place.. which had DDR Extreme machine..

and it was converted into an ITG2 machine with the conversion kit and all...

oh snap.. ITG'd

of course the Extreme machine was owned by the arcade.. so the owner did what he wanted with it.. which isn't illegal.. his property..
Trick Member
Trick Member

483. PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 3:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cfusionpm wrote:
Mostly_Harmless wrote:
I bet even if Roxor made there own Itg 1 cabs from the start they would still get killed by konami. Look at dance factory look at FLOW Urban Dance Uprising. Why are they even still here!? cleary i thought konami only had the rights to 4 panels but why do they let these games go? i think because they are not threatining to DDR. I don't see how u can even say it's simmilar to DDR. I mean there aren't alot of dance games to begin with. what if the guy who ever made the first FPS ever did the same thing as konami? look how many FPS's look the same. The same gose w/ fighting games. GRRRRR im not making alot of sence but thats probably because im very upset right now....the 2 things i can only hope for is that konami hired the roxor guys to work for them on ITG or roxor can move on and go to 19 panels. That is all. o and btw discconected zeo sounds like poopy discconected disco FTW!!!

jesus fucking christ, when are people gonna get it through their goddamn heads that it has NOTHING to do with the fact that its a similar game and ENTIRELY based on the fact roxor FORCED the UNAUTHORIZED dismantling and use of KONAMI'S PATTENTED CABINETS with NO PERMISSION. THAT IS ILLEGAL.

how many times does this need to be repeated??? or are we talking to people who still think saddam was behind 9/11?

most people arnt smart enough to understand contribuatry infrengment or other complex legal minutia
Trick Member
Trick Member

484. PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 7:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheManator wrote:
I know more than your shitface biggrin.gif

My source will dig his 'claws' in to you if you continue to belittle me biggrin.gif

ITG3 is still a go, as far as I know, anyways.

I'm sure Plaugefox will. OH SHIT I READ BETWEEN THE LINES.

Manator, just get the fuck out already.

Triad for life.
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger Yahoo Messenger Xbox Live Gamertag MSN Messenger
Mostly_Harmless
Trick Member
Trick Member

485. PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 8:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

so from what i have been reading, i heard konami has the rights to u d l r arrows. This obviously means ITG would have still died weather they took over the old cabs or not
View users profile Send private message Send email AOL Instant Messenger Yahoo Messenger
Arctic Wolves
Trick Member
Trick Member

486. PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Konami has the rights to their own dancing apparatus. Andamiro owns the rights to its own dancing apparatus, including the ITG2 dedicabs manufactured by them. The problem was, as has been explained to you already, that RoXoR was providing means to illegally install ITG on Konami's protected cabinets. The copyright is on Konami's own DDR apparatus, which was infringed upon by the ITG boxors.
Trick Member
Trick Member

487. PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[DoD] OmegaSox wrote:
TheManator wrote:

My source will dig his 'claws' in to you if you continue to belittle me biggrin.gif

ITG3 is still a go, as far as I know, anyways.

I'm sure Plaugefox will. OH SHIT I READ BETWEEN THE LINES.

Manator, just get the fuck out already.

lol

You think it's Plaugefox.
Strike two.
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger Yahoo Messenger
Da-Risin-Smoke
Trick Member
Trick Member

488. PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ROFL; I still wonder how Roxor and RO lost. Konami had to get through ITG, PiU, and Guitar hero and all that.

We could be anarchists like on Fight Club (project mayhem?).

I bet Konami staff are havin a helluva time on here; they hardly post here anymore, i wonder why. laugh.gif
I eat mop, who?
Haha, you eat your poo.
Groovestats
View users profile Send private message MSN Messenger
jpoppyz
Trick Member
Trick Member

489. PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pretty much what roxor did is like having a game being sold for gamecube without being approved by nintendo. they just made an game to be played on DDR cabs without konamis permission. Some argue that DDR megamix and DDR extreme plus are doing the same thing, but the truth is konami is still getting advertisement for THEIR product throught those games.
Trick Member
Trick Member

490. PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just recently saw a Killer Instinct Cab converted into street fighter.....isn't that illegal? ; /
zombiejesus9001
Trick Member
Trick Member

491. PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mostly_Harmless wrote:
I just recently saw a Killer Instinct Cab converted into street fighter.....isn't that illegal? ; /

nope
View users profile Send private message
Loogaroo
Trick Member
Trick Member

492. PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mostly_Harmless wrote:

No, because Rare doesn't have a patent on fighting games.
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger
Edible Bondage Tape
Trick Member
Trick Member

493. PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

atleast back in the day each company had its own protected cabinate deisgnes although like with cars the differnce from one cab to another was a matter of degrees of pitch here or a few 16ths of an inch their
Trick Member
Trick Member

494. PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheManator wrote:

Wow, you sound very reliable indeed.
Trick Member
Trick Member

495. PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

itg will, in fact, "come out."
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger Xbox Live Gamertag
social life ninja supreme
Trick Member
Trick Member

496. PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 1:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ITG better continue because Konami sure as hell can't make dancing games. Not by today's standards. Nope.

OMG I'M GOING TO GET FLAMED I'M SO SCARED!!!!!!!
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger
triad.spacefight
Trick Member
Trick Member

497. PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 6:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

stu is koo wrote:
ITG better continue because Konami sure as hell can't make dancing games. Not by today's standards. Nope.

OMG I'M GOING TO GET FLAMED I'M SO SCARED!!!!!!!

No, but you are flamebaiting.

Fanboyism of either side is fucking stupid. Just knock off the shit.

Triad for life.
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger Yahoo Messenger Xbox Live Gamertag MSN Messenger
DDR Striker64
Trick Member
Trick Member

498. PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 6:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well in any case, I think Konami should have left ROXOR alone with ITG and not even bother to waste time on it. I mean, from the looks of things, with DDR SuperNOVA, & Universe (I think that's the Xbox's versions name), I doubt they're gonna continue the legacy. If they DO with ITG3, I think we DDR Gamers will be happy with that.

View users profile Send private message Send email MSN Messenger
Marq(uistadorous)
Trick Member
Trick Member

499. PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 7:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[DoD] OmegaSox wrote:

No, but you are flamebaiting.

Fanboyism of either side is fucking stupid. Just knock off the shit.

Man, that was intense!! biggrin.gif
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> In the Groove All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 24, 25, 26  Next
Page 25 of 26

Jump to: