Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

Where can I get an official PIU foampad for Xbox?

This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Bemani Controllers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
videoCWK!
Trick Member
Trick Member

0. PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2006 8:51 pm    Post subject: Where can I get an official PIU foampad for Xbox? Reply with quote

I have recently aquired a PIU Exceed Xbox bundle, with the game and the softpad. I'm doing pretty good, but after a few hours of playing I already need a foampad. I hear that the official foampad is the best one, but I haven't seen it in any stores. Where can I get it?
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
ceraf
Trick Member
Trick Member

1. PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2006 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i doubt there are many in the market, but the least you can do is buy some dense puzzle foam and secure it under the pad.
View users profile Send private message
videoCWK!
Trick Member
Trick Member

2. PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2006 10:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ceraf wrote:
i doubt there are many in the market, but the least you can do is buy some dense puzzle foam and secure it under the pad.

Eh, the pad would still move on the puzzle foam. But since official PIU foam pads aren't that easy to find, are there any good 3rd party ones? I've just moved on to 10 footers and this softpad isn't making anything easy. Either it moves away from me or I magically move halfway off the pad. That, and I often get pad misses. And yet it still remains to be one of the best softpads I've ever used. Scary.
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
jpoppyz
Trick Member
Trick Member

3. PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2006 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

do a simple pad mod, like this

except i reccomend getting a second bundle pad, getting a piece of wide twice the width, and making a doubles set up. If you play PIU, you have to play doubles.

Getting the xbox version also wasn't the smartest idea, but the PS2 one is hard to find. I would say get one of the korean pads made by andamiro(the one you have is made by mad catz) because they are much thicker and built with higher quality than the US pads.
Trick Member
Trick Member

4. PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2006 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

J-POP_FOR_LIFE wrote:
do a simple pad mod, like this

except i reccomend getting a second bundle pad, getting a piece of wide twice the width, and making a doubles set up. If you play PIU, you have to play doubles.

Getting the xbox version also wasn't the smartest idea, but the PS2 one is hard to find. I would say get one of the korean pads made by andamiro(the one you have is made by mad catz) because they are much thicker and built with higher quality than the US pads.

Wait, that pad I've been using, that works great, is a Mad Catz pad? I'm in shock.
But anyway, I don't want a softpad taped to playroom puzzle peices, I want an actual foampad. Does anyone make them anymore? And also, why do I have to play PIU double?
ChilliumBromide
Trick Member
Trick Member

5. PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2006 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think MMB might make some; I know they make metal ones for PIU.
Don't know what you'd be looking at for quality there, but if it's as good as the BlueShark, Nexen, and all that, I doubt it would hurt to look into.
videoCWK!
Trick Member
Trick Member

6. PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 4:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't really trust MMB, I've heard enough bad stories about them.
ChilliumBromide
Trick Member
Trick Member

7. PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whatever bloats yer throat.
videoCWK!
Trick Member
Trick Member

8. PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well a PIU foampad would bloat my throat, but since no one seems to know of a way to get one my throat will remain unbloated.

Unless I get a CF, then I could go on eBay or something and get an Xbox c-box and then adapt to the smaller panels.
jpoppyz
Trick Member
Trick Member

9. PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

videoCWK wrote:
Well a PIU foampad would bloat my throat, but since no one seems to know of a way to get one my throat will remain unbloated.

Unless I get a CF, then I could go on eBay or something and get an Xbox c-box and then adapt to the smaller panels.

the pad you get is fine as long as you do some simple mods to it. I have some foam i'd be willing to sell to you i got for free from a friend. One is from a red octane 2.0 ignition and one is from a ebay ignition. the ebay one is slightly harder and thicker and i prefer it. cobalt fluxes and pump is stupid. I prefer the soft pad. i don't expect any new "super" pads in the future because PIU exceed CS sold terribly and the market is simply too small.

I want a new PIU mix bad tho...why didnt people buy PIU?!
Trick Member
Trick Member

10. PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's odd, I know lots of people who play PIU.

Anyway, modding a softpad will work, but I suggest you take the time to build your own metal pads.
That's what I'm going to do.

videoCWK!
Trick Member
Trick Member

11. PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 4:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, building a pad is not an option. I can't build anything, a pad would be WAY too hard. I could get a second CF sometime and mod it to have PIU shaped panels like some guy did on the CF boards. But I won't be able to do that until I have the first CF, which is taking longer then it should. I guess I could bother my mom to take me to that Chuck E Cheese by the Burlington Center Mall, I've been told that the PIU machine there is good.
jpoppyz
Trick Member
Trick Member

12. PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

videoCWK wrote:
Yeah, building a pad is not an option. I can't build anything, a pad would be WAY too hard. I could get a second CF sometime and mod it to have PIU shaped panels like some guy did on the CF boards. But I won't be able to do that until I have the first CF, which is taking longer then it should. I guess I could bother my mom to take me to that Chuck E Cheese by the Burlington Center Mall, I've been told that the PIU machine there is good.

god, dont you just hate being not 16?

honestly, maybe i just have a high tolerance with dance pads but i find the exceed bundle pad fine for anything under a 12.

if you REALLY want a new pad, get the PS2 version and buy the korean andamiro pad. its loads better than the original one and ive seen people pass canon-D nightmare on 2 of these.

http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-88-77-1-49-en-15-pump-70-ewc-43-99.html

order soon, i hear these are gonna be gone soon!
Trick Member
Trick Member

13. PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

J-POP_FOR_LIFE wrote:
videoCWK wrote:

god, dont you just hate being not 16?

honestly, maybe i just have a high tolerance with dance pads but i find the exceed bundle pad fine for anything under a 12.

if you REALLY want a new pad, get the PS2 version and buy the korean andamiro pad. its loads better than the original one and ive seen people pass canon-D nightmare on 2 of these.

http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-88-77-1-49-en-15-pump-70-ewc-43-99.html

order soon, i hear these are gonna be gone soon!

Too late, I already spent $30 on the Xbox bundle. And if the softpad is good for anything under a 12, that's bad, as I've already done a few 13's.
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Bemani Controllers All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: