Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

Are these Matrix metal pads any good?

This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Bemani Controllers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
shurf
Trick Member
Trick Member

0. PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2006 8:24 pm    Post subject: Are these Matrix metal pads any good? Reply with quote

First time I've ever seen a pad like this.

Link

This is the farthest thing from an arcade style pad, that's for sure. But I want one! biggrin.gif

EDIT: I just love how they scew you over with the shipping.
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger Xbox Live Gamertag
ceraf
Trick Member
Trick Member

1. PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2006 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

reminds me of one of those intec's. Generally, I worry about the one-piece design.
View users profile Send private message
shurf
Trick Member
Trick Member

2. PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2006 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ceraf wrote:
reminds me of one of those intec's. Generally, I worry about the one-piece design.

Me too, but the description said it would never crack and its a smooth surface thats great for socks! Just what I needed.

The only way I can see these being anything like Intecs are how the arrows look, but that's probably what you meant.
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger Xbox Live Gamertag
ceraf
Trick Member
Trick Member

3. PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2006 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

never crack...sure sounds quite fishy. Coming from ebay, i definately won't trust it. although i'd get a pair of those just to test it if it weren't for shipping.

plexiglass does wear out and crack over time, but not as quickly as lexan.
View users profile Send private message
Travelsonic
Trick Member
Trick Member

4. PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2006 6:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

shurf wrote:

Me too, but the description said it would never crack....

I learned from my old Intec pad, of which this is the exact same design BTW, that this is not true. After a little while on heavy mode, this thing WILL crack.
ChilliumBromide
Trick Member
Trick Member

5. PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2006 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll have to get you a picture of my "Virtually Indestructable Acrylic panels! We tested their durability by hitting it with a hammer, and it only left a barely-visible mark! These panels will NEVER crack!"
BULL-FUGGIN'-SH!T.

I like the fact that it has a handle btw.
I'd get them just so I could say, "ORLY? My dance pads have HANDLES!" if I had the money. xD
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Bemani Controllers All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: