Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

Why isn't it working right?

This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> DDR PC and Simulators
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mariogirl
Trick Member
Trick Member

0. PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2006 8:37 am    Post subject: Why isn't it working right? Reply with quote

http://www.buynshop.com/productinfo//VG-PS-USB2X1

I just got this adaptor in the mail, and pluged it in, and put all the arrow/step configurations in, and it's not workign right. It will respond one arrow at a time, and 2 if it's down-right down-left [those type of jumps], but not the LR, and UD kind. >.< Am I doing somethign wrong? Helllpp. >.<

edit= it also won't let me hold a freeze on the L or R and step on the opposite arrow at the same time. E2.gif

483-48-3892

PM me for my bank information and credit card number, or call me at my home phone (1-[secret mexican area code]-384-4838, or press down all three buttons on your jitterbug phone at the same time) for any other information you would like to know.
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger
videoCWK!
Trick Member
Trick Member

1. PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2006 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You got a bad adapter. One that wasn't built for DDR. Get a Trio Linker Plus, I hear those are great.
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
shurf
Trick Member
Trick Member

2. PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2006 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have one that looks almost exactly like that only its blue. It doesn't work for me either. They call it the "axis problem" where you cant press R&L or U&D simultaneously. I read that you have to rewire your pad or something but you DO NOT want to do that to a CF. I broke one of my softpads attempting to do this. frown.gif
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger Xbox Live Gamertag
PrayerWarrior35
Trick Member
Trick Member

3. PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2006 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="shurf"]I have one that looks almost exactly like that only its blue. It doesn't work for me either. They call it the "axis problem" where you cant press R&L or U&D simultaneously. I read that you have to rewire your pad or something but you DO NOT want to do that to a CF. I broke one of my softpads attempting to do this. frown.gif[/quote]

Actually the hardest part for wiring a CF is taking the panels off with the screwdriver. If all you wanted to do was switch the say U and R arrows with UL and UR or DR (whichever wire is closer) arrows, you just peel back the velcro a little, pull the wire out, place it under the nearest velcro piece of the next panel (you could even twist some more wire and use electric tape to insulate and extend the wire a little) and remove the existing wire from that panel and either tape up the end so it doesn't contact anything or move it to the previous panel.

However I can see the challenge for trying to re-wire a soft pad, that would be tough. In fact I recently took apart BOTH my Cobalt Flux pads, removed all the velcro and ALL THE WIRES, bought some 15 pin adapters and soldered new wires, attached to all 9 buttons (converted my V1 pads to V2 with PIU functionality) and even soldered another 15 pin adapter into a USB controller (lots of soldering), so re-wiring a Cobalt Flux isn't all that hard and pretty straightforward, but removing all the panels and soldering is absolutely the tough part.

So now I don't have to use my PS2 / USB adapter anymore (it worked flawlessly for 3 years tho'), and I have an adapter for PIU thanks to my PIU dance mat that I tore up to make a control box for my CF. Actually I have 4 control boxes, 1 PIU which will work with DDR as well since it also has UDLR, 1 DDR PS2, and 2 USB.
Mariogirl
Trick Member
Trick Member

4. PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2006 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm just going to mail it back. XD They gave me a different adapter than what I actually ordered anyway, because the one I ordered was specifically for DDR.

483-48-3892

PM me for my bank information and credit card number, or call me at my home phone (1-[secret mexican area code]-384-4838, or press down all three buttons on your jitterbug phone at the same time) for any other information you would like to know.
shurf
Trick Member
Trick Member

5. PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2006 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mariogirl wrote:
because the one I ordered was specifically for DDR.

So is mine but it still doesn't work. erm.gif

And PrayerWarrior, I have zero soldering skills so if it involves using my hands for small wires, screws or parts, I suck. I blame myself for messing up my softpad.
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger Xbox Live Gamertag
gasm
Trick Member
Trick Member

6. PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2006 6:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This kind of problem happens to a lot of people. You have to change the mapping of the buttons so the arrows are mapped to something other than the four directional buttons.

I'm not exactly sure how to do this with a PS -> PC adapter, becaue I use an Xbox -> PC adapter, but it shouldn't be that hard to figure out. If you had to install anything to use it, I would suggest looking around there.
View users profile Send private message MSN Messenger
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> DDR PC and Simulators All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: