Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

A Groove 2.2 Problem

This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> DDR PC and Simulators
View previous topic :: View next topic  
XMaxX
Trick Member
Trick Member

0. PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 2:50 pm    Post subject: A Groove 2.2 Problem Reply with quote

(This might go in the themes sticky, but oh well).

Ok, I am having a strange problem with Groove 2.2. I am using Stepmania 3.95 CVS (The 6-19-2005 Build). I know I installed everything correctly because every other screen displays perfectly. The only screens that don't display correctly are the song wheel screen and the result screen (just the song banner for this one).

Here is what it looks like:

Note: I have the latest Direct X/3D.

Other Info: Intel Celeron- 701MHz processor.
256MB of RAM

This problem only consists with this theme. Other themes work perfectly.

Help Anyone?

Groovestats l ITG Edits l My Simfiles l PUI Ranking
Dancing games are for fags.
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger
videoCWK!
Trick Member
Trick Member

1. PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try deleting the theme (not overwriting it) and then reinstalling it from the .zip (or whatever archive) file you got it in.
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
XMaxX
Trick Member
Trick Member

2. PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for replying. Well, I did what you said and it still turned out the same. I also reinstalled 3.95 CVS but everything is still the same.

Any other suggestions? E19.gif

View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger
videoCWK!
Trick Member
Trick Member

3. PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, that was all I could think of. Maybe your video drivers don't like Groove 2.2...
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Agent J
Trick Member
Trick Member

4. PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's really odd. I was going to say maybe it was your system in general, but that wouldn't make sense because I had an earlier version of the ITG2 theme running fine (well, mostly. videos brought the system to its knees =P) on Stepmania CVS on a 733 MHz P3 with 128 MB RAM. Hmm, what kind of video card do you have? Mine was running on a Geforce 4. Also, like videoCWK suggested, video drivers might be a problem. Although if you haven't noticed problems in anything else, that doesn't seem like a likely cause.
View users profile Send private message
XMaxX
Trick Member
Trick Member

5. PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2006 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Super Katamario wrote:
Hmm, what kind of video card do you have?

Intel(R) 82810E Graphics Controller (Microsoft Corporation). (It is integrated into the motherboard).

videoCWK!
Trick Member
Trick Member

6. PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2006 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

XMaxX wrote:
Super Katamario wrote:
Hmm, what kind of video card do you have?

Intel(R) 82810E Graphics Controller (Microsoft Corporation). (It is integrated into the motherboard).

I have....something like that. Upgrade to the newest version. That should make it work, I have the newest one and Groove 2.2 works fine.

God I wish my video card wasn't dead, then I wouldn't be putting up with these crappy on board graphics. You understand.
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> DDR PC and Simulators All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: