Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

MyMyBox Nexen/Blueshark/etc Official Thread
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 55, 56, 57  Next  
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Bemani Controllers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
vesper
Trick Member
Trick Member

0. PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 10:53 am    Post subject: MyMyBox Nexen/Blueshark/etc Official Thread Reply with quote

Althoug the delivery was planned for tomorrow, FedEx pulled through and delivered the MyMyBox Blueshark and MyMyBox Nexen pads today!! I just made a new photobucket account and you can view all of my pictures here:

http://s115.photobucket.com/albums/n285/vesperka/

I'll be sure to give more details after I play on them, all I've done so far is take them out of the package E15.gif

{Edit by Discoman: Changed title. Stickied}

Last edited by vesper on Wed Aug 30, 2006 9:13 am, edited 2 times in total
View users profile Send private message
jpoppyz
Trick Member
Trick Member

1. PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the nexen looks nothing like what mymyboxes picture looked like...but it looks like nothing else on there site either....hmmmm....
Trick Member
Trick Member

2. PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 11:09 am    Post subject: Re: MyMyBox Nexen and BlueShark PICS!!! Reply with quote

vesper wrote:

http://s115.photobucket.com/albums/n285/vesperka/

Soooo Sexy drool.gif

Let me know how they work Im looking into either a MyMyBox or Cobalt Flux After Mine die.
Trick Member
Trick Member

3. PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK I've had plenty of time to try out both of these pads. Before I go on, I should mention that I've played on virtually every type of dance pad out there including the RedOctane Afterburner, Cobalt Flux, various TX series pads, too many foam/soft pads, and I even built my own according to RipTide's design.

The BlueShark is by far the best home pad available without a doubt. MyMyBox prides their BlueShark for using real arcade foot sensors, but that doesn't even beging to describe how amazing it is. This pad is extremely accurate to the arcade design in ways that the CF can't even imagine. For starters, the arrows actually rebound instead of mushing in like the CF, which makes drills a lot easier. It also feels much sturder than anything else because it weighs significantly more. Furthermore, the BlueShark has more depth to it, so when you step it makes a nice hollow sound that is much easier to recognize if you're off beat or not biggrin.gif

The Nexen pad doesn't feel as solid as the BlueShark, but I was pretty much expecting that. The Nexen easily gets you the most bang for your buck considering it's the same place as the RO Afterburner. The arrows are recessed slightly (probably 1/16") which is really only noticeable if you're in socks or barefoot. The arrows don't hold up as well as the BlueShark, but they still offer just as much rebound as any other pad. It's extremely easy to move between arrows and the pad is also sensitive, but it's not so ridiculos that you'll be holding down arrows accidentaly like with a CF. For the most part though, the panels are firm and hold up well during heavy play no problem.

Overall, if you can afford the BlueShark is clearly the best way to go. It's a sensitive pad with real arcade sensors and is an almost an exact replication of the arcade pad, and simply put this is the best way to go if it's in your price range. If you're on a tight budget, the Nexen is a good pad for $200 that seems like it will hold up fairly well (I'll keep you updated if anything happens). From my first impressions, if you have enough money for a Cobalt Flux you're better off buying either a BlueShark or two Nexens. The BlueShark offers the best home experience without question, and the Nexen pads will let you enjoy worry-free gaming for an affordable price riiight.gif

Last edited by vesper on Mon Aug 28, 2006 2:30 pm, edited 1 time in total
videoCWK!
Trick Member
Trick Member

4. PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

J-POP_FOR_LIFE wrote:
the nexen looks nothing like what mymyboxes picture looked like...but it looks like nothing else on there site either....hmmmm....

Yeah, the one they've got on the site makes it look like crap, while the real thing looks cool. They should just post real pictures. That'd be better.
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
vesper
Trick Member
Trick Member

5. PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The BlueShark is an amazing pad that seems to get better every day. Today I was finally able to pass Tell Expert. For some reason I was able to actually combo the dreaded Tell jumps; the BlueShark has pretty firm arrows that helped a lot!

I also went after Euphoria expert and managed to combo some of those really fast bursts, but I was too drained and failed with a 35% score, which isn't bad considering my best score before that was about 17% on my Flux.

The BlueShark is also an accurate pad, I'm close to AAA'ing a few songs, which is great for me considering I only have one AAA (which I pulled off on my Afterburner of all pads!). All of my scores in general are rising, and it's nice to finally be pulling off some **'s in ITG.

The Nexen is also holding up well, but I think I'll only use it as a "leisure" pad. It's fun to play on the Nexen in socks because the arrows feel great under your feet and there aren't screws sticking up. I can still score fairly well on it, but the BlueShark is still a lot better. For the price it's a great pad as I can still pass most 11's on it, but this one doesn't deliver the arcade feel that the BlueShark has.
Joshua B
Trick Member
Trick Member

6. PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This BlueShark may give Cobalt Flux a run for its money! What was your ordering experience and customer service like?
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
vesper
Trick Member
Trick Member

7. PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I definitely love my BlueShark much more than my Cobalt Flux E4.gif

The customer service was great for me. Now that their control bix fiasco is out of the way they seem to be doing much better. The whole process took about 10 days (that's from when the order was placed to when I received it) which is great considering my Flux took 1 month (plus another month when I bought the arcade mod separately).

The 180 day warranty is nice as well. Best of all, my dance pads came with screwdrivers and extra screws just in case I noticed any problems. I took a peek at the sensors and they were well in place though, so there were no worries riiight.gif
zombiejesus9001
Trick Member
Trick Member

8. PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

few questions

do they still use 2 sensors per panel?

also how do the corners and centers feel? does it feel like it bends in or is it solid like arcade panels?

also i heard the bar on the pads are utter crap would it be possible to makeshift a bar for the pad? by drilling holes through the back part of the pad or something of that sort
vesper
Trick Member
Trick Member

9. PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

zombiejesus9001 wrote:
few questions

do they still use 2 sensors per panel?

also how do the corners and centers feel? does it feel like it bends in or is it solid like arcade panels?

also i heard the bar on the pads are utter crap would it be possible to makeshift a bar for the pad? by drilling holes through the back part of the pad or something of that sort

Yup, they still use 2 sensors per panel. All of the non-arrow panels are solid metal and do not bend at all. The top left and top right panels are very sensitive too, which is amazing considering the metal doesn't bend at all. The new BlueSharks don't come with bars, but yes there is a big area attached to the back of the pad that could allow you to attach your own bar riiight.gif
ChilliumBromide
Trick Member
Trick Member

10. PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I actually have a design that will bring homepads to the peak of performance, but from what you're saying, the BlueShark is doing that already!
Does the BlueShark look normal under the panels, or does it have some fancy gizmo?
If it's the latter, could you send me a picture so I could make sure someone else didn't design my design before me? (patenting costs too much to find out that your design's already been done. Dx)

Too bad the BlueShark and Nexen don't have the diagonal and center buttons, otherwise, I'd know exactly what my next pad would be.
But I want a pad that I can play Pump on, because the Pump scene around here is huge, and I don't want to have 6 pads sitting around my basement. (1 design prototype, 1 heap of spare parts, 2 Bluesharks, and 2 pump pads of some nature)
zombiejesus9001
Trick Member
Trick Member

11. PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 6:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

how would u be able to attach a bar in the back? can u remove the metal panel in the back and there would be holes there or something im lost
videoCWK!
Trick Member
Trick Member

12. PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 7:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DancingTofu wrote:
I actually have a design that will bring homepads to the peak of performance, but from what you're saying, the BlueShark is doing that already!
Does the BlueShark look normal under the panels, or does it have some fancy gizmo?
If it's the latter, could you send me a picture so I could make sure someone else didn't design my design before me? (patenting costs too much to find out that your design's already been done. Dx)

Too bad the BlueShark and Nexen don't have the diagonal and center buttons, otherwise, I'd know exactly what my next pad would be.
But I want a pad that I can play Pump on, because the Pump scene around here is huge, and I don't want to have 6 pads sitting around my basement. (1 design prototype, 1 heap of spare parts, 2 Bluesharks, and 2 pump pads of some nature)

It's possible to mod a CF to play Pump, you can see a picture of someone's modded CF here. I don't know how this is done though. But you could probably find a tutorial somewhere anyway.
jpoppyz
Trick Member
Trick Member

13. PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

playing pump on a CF is about as dumb as playing DDR on the official pump pad...it feels horrible ackward due to small corners, your better off taping the pump pad in the bundle to a big piece of plywood.
Basic Member
Basic Member

14. PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow...I might wanna cancel my order on my CF and get this instead. Just a few questions though.

1. How is it holding up?
2. Is it easy to slide around (I'm gonna slide it out from under a bed)/ What's the weight?
videoCWK!
Trick Member
Trick Member

15. PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

J-POP_FOR_LIFE wrote:
playing pump on a CF is about as dumb as playing DDR on the official pump pad...it feels horrible ackward due to small corners, your better off taping the pump pad in the bundle to a big piece of plywood.

Did you actually click the link? If you scroll down you can see pictures of someone's CF modded to have the big panelness of a Pump pad. Just incase you missed it, here ya go.

jpoppyz
Trick Member
Trick Member

16. PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

at that point, you might as well had made your own PIU pad.
Trick Member
Trick Member

17. PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeh except i didnt buy the cf i won it for free in the cf decal contest and since i already owned 2 cf pads already i didnt really need the pad so i decided to make a pump pad out of it

and now u knowwwww
DefaultGen
Trick Member
Trick Member

18. PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

zombiejesus9001 wrote:
yeh except i didnt buy the cf i won it for free in the cf decal contest and since i already owned 2 cf pads already i didnt really need the pad so i decided to make a pump pad out of it

and now u knowwwww

You should have bought another CF to play quad mode with.
Trick Member
Trick Member

19. PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

if i owned an xbox i would

i did it because i <3 pump its one of the better of the dancing games and its a shame there isnt really a good metal pad being made and selling so i decided to make one myself
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Bemani Controllers All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 55, 56, 57  Next
Page 1 of 57

Jump to: