Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

homemade beatmania IIDX turntable help

This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Bemani Controllers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ceraf
Trick Member
Trick Member

0. PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 8:15 pm    Post subject: homemade beatmania IIDX turntable help Reply with quote

i've always wanted to make a iidx controller, but the only thing that always stumped me was the turntable. I have yet to learn about circuitry and electronics in university, so i could only work with the limited knowledge i have.

first, i thought of making an unconventional turntable that could only turn a certain amount, and it springs back to the neutral (off) position. any movement up or down would trigger a button somehow.

then i gutted an old hard drive i had lying around, and i used a multimeter to see if there was any resistance change whenever i spun the disk....and there was! very slight, though; but there was some nonetheless. I decided to hook it up to one of the axes on a standard gameport (db15). It worked somewhat, but the disk had to be spun at a certain speed in order to register a button press. there were also some random misfires and weird comp lagging. calibration didn't help much either.

for those who are knowledgeable in electronics, is there anything that could cause a somewhat significant change in resistance when spun?
View users profile Send private message
Edible Bondage Tape
Trick Member
Trick Member

1. PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

a central contact inside the turntable

then a series of contacts connected to OSRs so that as you spind the table the connection is made

or do what a lot of people do and gut a rave beatman pro
Trick Member
Trick Member

2. PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2006 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

^thanks! guess i might try something like that...

any other ideas would be helpful too
View users profile Send private message
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Bemani Controllers All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: