Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

Konami Addresses Sync Issue in DDR SuperNOVA
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 43, 44, 45, 46, 47  Next  
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> DDR Chit-Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Spy47
Trick Member
Trick Member

860. PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

zdemigoth wrote:
Konami: please go play Cartoon Heroes and Xenon and these other "fun" 9's and then work on the next mix. Please see Felm oni and punch yourself in the stomach as a reminder that it is bad.

We should really send them an e-mail telling them this.
View users profile Send private message
lildrchris25
Trick Member
Trick Member

861. PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KingofLight06 wrote:
Well, everyone has their own definition of fun.
If you don't like these "stupid" expert charts, the hard charts are there for the purpose of being easier but still going with the music.
Don't like the hard or expert chart? Make your own steps, bring it in, and enjoy it all you want. That's the glory of ITG2, if you don't like the steps, you have the power to play your own steps.
And if distant rattling is in the song, then it's part of the music, and steps can go to it. But it's all a matter of opinion as to whether someone likes that sort of thing or not.

I have been saying time and time again about people playing edits. .

But everyone is going to have a different opinion by what are "good" steps, and what are "stupid" steps.

This debate can go on forever, and I don't think it needs to continue anymore. Edits are the way to solve everyone's problems with "stupid" stepcharts. (That is, if edits will ever become a reality for ddr supernova ac)
Administrator
Administrator

862. PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

shadow0290 wrote:
I guess my point is: You can't get much harder without the steps getting "dumber."

It is most certainly possible and especially when the music artist is generally working in conjunction with the step-artist an infinitely difficult song could be created while still holding the format created from patterns of yesteryear.
Trick Member
Trick Member

863. PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TimeSpaceMage wrote:
I really have to hand it to Konami for making really awesome doubles charts (like AA, Drivin and Chikara) for this mix.

dont forget brilliant red! that's one of my personal favorites.

and just to throw another wrench in the arguement, it seems the only thing people are concentrating on are single mode charts. if people want a new challange, start playing double. its really a hell of a lot more fun than you can ever really have with 4 arrows.
Administrator
Administrator

864. PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 5:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cfusionpm wrote:
and just to throw another wrench in the arguement, it seems the only thing people are concentrating on are single mode charts. if people want a new challange, start playing double. its really a hell of a lot more fun than you can ever really have with 4 arrows.

Doubles (for the most part) was done with some high difficulty for the most part and the charts were done fairly well also.
Trick Member
Trick Member

865. PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 6:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phrekwenci wrote:
Doubles (for the most part) was done with some high difficulty for the most part and the charts were done fairly well also.

I have to put emphasis on the fact that the doubles charts are only for the most part well done, because there are several of the difficult charts that I believe aren't good. Paranoia Respect, Max300 SMMM Expert and Xepher Challenge are good for being relatively challenging. Chaos Expert and Fascination Maxx are decent. Max300 SMMM Challenge is almost a perverse semi-autogeneration of the singles steps, but it is tolerable (but certainly not easy!) However, Fascination Eternal Challenge seems to have what I would call inappropriate step patterns. To be fair, given that I can't exactly play the song, perhaps it simply makes it difficult, and that's what we should expect from it and 13-block songs on ITG. Finally, Healing D-Vision Challenge has a second that equates to Summer In Belize's middle on 1.3x rate -- I'm not sure it's really possible, but again, as I can't play it, I can't be sure.

I'm just posting this since although sometimes they put effort and innovation into the doubles charts, in other cases it appears as if they've just considered them an afterthought.
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website
littlesushi
Trick Member
Trick Member

866. PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 6:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alot of the double charts are really fun. Seduction Vocal and PARANOiA Respect come to mind right away.

To kinda drift back on topic, is anyone now scoring worst after they put in the patch? Stuff like Jerk it Out, Moon, and other things that were synched decently before are horrible now. This patch really didn't fix the synching at all, I don't know where people are saying that it's now similair to ITG synching.
View users profile Send private message Send email AOL Instant Messenger
Cutriss
Staff Member
Staff Member

867. PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 6:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cfusionpm wrote:
Definitely agreed. Although, my heart weeps to hear that some people are actually trying to bar-rape doubles. Miss the point much?

Sentient Mode is capable...
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger Xbox Live Gamertag
Phrekwenci
Administrator
Administrator

868. PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 8:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

reboman wrote:
Phrekwenci wrote:

I have to put emphasis on the fact that the doubles charts are only for the most part well done,

I could have swore I emphasized it by writing it twice in my post subconsciously.
Trick Member
Trick Member

869. PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 9:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

littlesushi wrote:
Alot of the double charts are really fun. Seduction Vocal and PARANOiA Respect come to mind right away.

To kinda drift back on topic, is anyone now scoring worst after they put in the patch? Stuff like Jerk it Out, Moon, and other things that were synched decently before are horrible now. This patch really didn't fix the synching at all, I don't know where people are saying that it's now similair to ITG synching.

I have not had problems with those particular songs. I get the same amount of perfects on those songs patch or no patch.

There were some people on this thread complaining about Wookie Wookie. I have played that as part of the Supernova Oni Course, but not normally. I did not see many problems.
Trick Member
Trick Member

870. PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phrekwenci wrote:
reboman wrote:
Phrekwenci wrote:

I have to put emphasis on the fact that the doubles charts are only for the most part well done,

I could have swore I emphasized it by writing it twice in my post subconsciously.

I guess I'll call it triple emphasis, then. I don't know. I thought it was a good lead-in to discussing some of charts I disliked.

Cutriss wrote:
Definitely agreed. Although, my heart weeps to hear that some people are actually trying to bar-rape doubles. Miss the point much?

I disagree with this remark, but I really have no desire to discuss bar usage. I don't think it would have been something you've just heard, though; anecdotally, it has appeared that a significant percentage of players will use the bar on doubles for songs of 10-feet/blocks and above.
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website
BBH
Trick Member
Trick Member

871. PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cutriss wrote:

Well... I should say that I don't really care if people use the bar or not, it's their money and they're free to play the game however they want to.

But for the most part I do agree with you, that using the bars on Double takes a lot of fun out of it. What makes Double so unique is the way you can run across from side to the other, with new crossover patterns... when you use the bar you're not so much running across as "floating" across. Although I have ended up using the bar on some occasions on Double (mainly on ITG), I try not to if I can help it... especially since DDR doesn't have a specific Double Premium setting, so if I'm paying two credits a play... I want to get as much fun out of it as possible.

But hey, some people are focused solely on score, and if they want to use the bars to help ensure that they get the highest score possible, then go for it.
Trick Member
Trick Member

872. PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 3:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BBH wrote:
... especially since DDR doesn't have a specific Double Premium setting, so if I'm paying two credits a play... I want to get as much fun out of it as possible.

The machine at the University of Pittsburgh did; it was Joint Premium and Double Premium simultaneously. But it seems that all the machines I've seen that actually get regular use never have this option turned on.
Trick Member
Trick Member

873. PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 5:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've only seen one machine with with Joint Premium turned on. But they had PIU there, where you don't pay extra for doubles anyway.

G_G
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger Yahoo Messenger
Cutriss
Staff Member
Staff Member

874. PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 6:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BBH wrote:
But hey, some people are focused solely on score, and if they want to use the bars to help ensure that they get the highest score possible, then go for it.
In addition to basically destroying the Doubles gameplay experience though, it just seems like it'd be really hard to score points that way. I mean, do people switch bars, floating between them, or do they really just grip the middle and stretch a lot?

Sentient Mode is capable...
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger Xbox Live Gamertag
AA Bob
Trick Member
Trick Member

875. PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 7:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In the Doubles bar-rape vids I've seen, they just put one hand on each bar and stretch to hit the arrows. I imagine you have to be pretty tall to be able to do it.
So um, is it bad that awhile ago I was watching Family Guy, and when Quagmire came on, I thought something to the effect of "Whoa, It's AA Bob!" (I don't remember if the exact thought was "It's AA Bob" or "It's AA Bob's avatar", but I don't think it matters in this case)?
cfusionpm
Trick Member
Trick Member

876. PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 8:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

its an incredible hinderance rather than a help if you're not tall. but there are just some people that dont care about ballance or body position or other things that actually constitute as a skill beyond simply pressing the arrow pannels.
Vivid Member
Vivid Member

877. PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 8:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I double bar rape I grab the inner top corners of each bar with each hand and stretch my body across.
Synaesthesia
Trick Member
Trick Member

878. PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cfusionpm wrote:
its an incredible hinderance rather than a help if you're not tall. but there are just some people that dont care about ballance or body position or other things that actually constitute as a skill beyond simply pressing the arrow pannels.

Too bad foot coordination timing is THE ONLY skill that matters in hitting arrows, because it is THE ONLY one native to the game that you do not develop outside of it.

G_G
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger Yahoo Messenger
cfusionpm
Trick Member
Trick Member

879. PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

that all depends on whether or not you've taken tapdance E15.gif

(i havent btw)

but actually, ballance and body position ARE learned in the game, and are incredibly important for no-bar doubles since you actually have to move laterally across the pad. you have to train yourself to position yourself in the most advantageous way for any given pattern that comes on the screen. you need to read it comprehend it, then position yourself so you can run the pattern without fault while running back and forth (ie not stationary over 4 arrows). this also requires slow (or no) speed mods, so that you can prepare yourself for the upcomming runs. all of this is meaningless if you're holding on to the bar, since all you need to do is pull yourself where you need to be and not worry about anything else. for incredibly fast songs or 10+s, while i think its entirely possible, it would be incredibly difficult to control your body with some of the patterns they throw at you; especially on high level itg double charts (which i wholeheartedly feel the designers created them with little to no intention of people attempting them no-bar).

back on topic though, a friend of mine had some things to say about post-patch syncing that leads me to believe that there may be some software differences in the machines or versions people got. www.mikefromsantee.com i havent played the machine since the patch was put on, but im heading there tomorrow to play.
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> DDR Chit-Chat All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 43, 44, 45, 46, 47  Next
Page 44 of 47

Jump to: