Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

Konami Addresses Sync Issue in DDR SuperNOVA
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 45, 46, 47  Next  
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> DDR Chit-Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ICNH
Trick Member
Trick Member

40. PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Praise Allah! Finally. Took em long enough. Anyway, better late than never. I'm slightly speculative about the song. I actually think it might be Max.(period). Guess we'll have to wait and find out.

And I think Marvelous's are much harder to get than Fantastics, if I'm not mistaken.

Synaesthesia wrote:
The only thing I don't like about patches is that certain arcades out there just plain won't bother with it.

Trick Member
Trick Member

41. PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

While Konami (hopefully) didn't plan to mess up the syncing, perhaps the earlier, not-so-nationwide releases of SuperNova can function to test the waters to see what needs fixing. (c'mon...glass half full...) While these Timing Issues have been known for quite some time, Konami may have needed the time to listen to the boards, evaluate and fix the problems and figure out a way to universally distribute the "patch" before implementing the solution. A series of small fixes certainly would not have been desirable and so this delay may be due to gathering of the various problems that needed fixing. I'm glad they're acting quickly to fix the problem before the majority of machines out there explode to become SuperNovas (ha ha). We must also keep in mind that this is the largest and most advanced DDR to date and so it should be expected that there will be some unforeseen problems as we are venturing into the unforeseen heights of DDR gameplay.

Yes, they should have proofread the game better before releasing it, but we can't change the past, so I will continute to be patient as we all faithfully continue to report the problems and tactfully wait for the fix to be released.
View users profile Send private message Send email AOL Instant Messenger Yahoo Messenger
Synaesthesia
Trick Member
Trick Member

42. PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[Insert Name Here] wrote:
Praise Allah! Finally. Took em long enough. Anyway, better late than never. I'm slightly speculative about the song. I actually think it might be Max.(period). Guess we'll have to wait and find out.

And I think Marvelous's are much harder to get than Fantastics, if I'm not mistaken.

Synaesthesia wrote:
The only thing I don't like about patches is that certain arcades out there just plain won't bother with it.

Well Marvelous is stupid in a lot of songs because the Perfect window is not symmetric over the apex of the beat (if it is a wave). Since Marvelous is just the middle of the Perfect the distance from beat center is more pronounced. That makes for a bigger difference than 3.3 ms.

G_G
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger Yahoo Messenger
AA Bob
Trick Member
Trick Member

43. PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

On top of that, I've heard that Roxor wanted the Fantastic window to be wider than DDR's Marvelous window because the hardware isn't precise enough to guarantee that a step placed in the Marvelous window will actually give you a Marvelous 100% of the time. Not sure if that's true, though.
So um, is it bad that awhile ago I was watching Family Guy, and when Quagmire came on, I thought something to the effect of "Whoa, It's AA Bob!" (I don't remember if the exact thought was "It's AA Bob" or "It's AA Bob's avatar", but I don't think it matters in this case)?
View users profile Send private message
Resolute
Trick Member
Trick Member

44. PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow i never even got to play it to see if it was that badly off synced.

i think im going to cry
Trick Member
Trick Member

45. PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It would be neat if the new song was something so amazingly hard that no one would be able to complain that it's too easy for a while.
Synaesthesia
Trick Member
Trick Member

46. PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only way ITG has been able to accomplish something like that is by making stuff that's massive stamina drain like PanEx or way stupid technical challenge (V^2). I'd rather just see the 9-10 level fleshed out to the extent that ITG's is.

G_G
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger Yahoo Messenger
gerinis
Trick Member
Trick Member

47. PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Synaesthesia wrote:
The only way ITG has been able to accomplish something like that is by making stuff that's massive stamina drain like PanEx or way stupid technical challenge (V^2). I'd rather just see the 9-10 level fleshed out to the extent that ITG's is.

That's true. You can only make a song so hard.
Synaesthesia
Trick Member
Trick Member

48. PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Or rather, so hard before it becomes largely unfun (I'm sure people have fun on such 13s, but I suspect it's fun in the accomplishment over fun in the actual chart for the majority of people).

G_G
WazNNathaN
Trick Member
Trick Member

49. PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've talked about this on other topics but watever...

The machines in TX that I have played (2 so far) are ON-sync, with smaller timing windows. But with this announcment of a update to fix the offsyncing, I have no clue as to what to expect. I said on another topic that if I do better, then it was offsync, but if I do worst, I dont know what to say because I was going great before the update. I have been able to beat all these "offsync" songs with an A, which is what I usually get on songs from Extreme. If it was offsync I would be hitting B's and C's, am I mistaken? If so, then please tell me why I can do so well on these songs that most people say that they get owned? Im not a big AA fanatic so I dont try extremly hard to get to a AA, but those who do try hard to get AA and start failing/getting owned by songs that I can A makes my machine synced correctly or tells me that I have caught on to the offsync beats right away, since I have only played 3 times and have been doing well each time.
Auspher
Trick Member
Trick Member

50. PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hlavco wrote:
C'mon, "MAKE YOUR MOVE"! E4.gif

The ultimate reward for any occasion.

Fix'd

Also, I HIGHLY doubt the new song would be Max.(Period). If it were on SuperNOVA, it would be just before FaXX, HDV, and Chaos were unlocked(though it would make more sense to be the last song.) Though I still am hoping for it. E15.gif
Travissssssssss
Trick Member
Trick Member

51. PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dbv aka deepbluevibes wrote:
Bandit22 wrote:
so now all the people who said nothing was wrong with it are officially incorrect.

no, there's still nothing wrong with it, it's just that enough people whined about something being wrong because they were mad they couldn't get AAA's as easily, they had to actually use some timing (oh noes)!

so enough peple complaining = game change. lmao

No, Konami really did a terrible job with the syncing.
Synaesthesia
Trick Member
Trick Member

52. PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WazNNathaN wrote:
I have been able to beat all these "offsync" songs with an A, which is what I usually get on songs from Extreme.

I don't think that you understand that if you get As on anything but the absolute hardest songs that you are not a good judge of sync (even with As on those, you still might not be experienced enough). Or you could just let DukAmok tell you what's synced and what isn't.

G_G
yagsimit69
Trick Member
Trick Member

53. PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

so can someone ban all the people that said 'this mix is synced perfectly, you guys just suck'.

Daggett
Trick Member
Trick Member

54. PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As far as potential candidates for the new song:

A new Midihead remix > > > > Max.
Trick Member
Trick Member

55. PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Erotic Busty Tart wrote:
ok how about this

deepblue is a name dropping troll so lets just ignore him

how about you're just a forum class clown without any serious pull to your opinions, thanks

AA Bob wrote:
a lot of stuff

ITG honestly feels WAY off to me, always has, and always will.

same for a lot of other people i've known.

yagsimit69 wrote:
so can someone ban all the people that disagree with the bandwagon.

fixed
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger
dbv aka deepbluevibes
Trick Member
Trick Member

56. PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AFTER TALKING WITH BILLYJR we came to a conclusion;

yes, some songs are offbeat. i have never denied this.
yes, some songs get offbeat as the song goes on. i have never denied this either.

HOWEVER

for those of you talking about the sync being good one time playing the song, and the sync being bad the next time playing the song, this is what i don't believe.

seriously, you would have to PROGRAM that poopy into the game for it that to happen. seriously now, this should be common sense.
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger
Big Boss
Trick Member
Trick Member

57. PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blah blah blah......(none of what I'm going to say has any meaning BLARG!)......People that doggy about DDR and whine how ITG is better should just shut up and go play some damn PIU nightmares and show how much of a little girl they really are. Kthnxbye.

What if the new song was AAA? Thoughts?
Trick Member
Trick Member

58. PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Having long since borne witness to no less than six revisions of Street Fighter II (that is, prior to the release of Champion Edition), this move nonplusses me not; that said, though, it ought to be assented that, even in its present, desultory state, SuperNOVA's song-step synchronization still seems to be markedly superior (at least, that is, in this circumlocutious dotard's estimation), on the whole, to that of hoary 5th Mix. E13.gif

Last edited by A Secret Pudding on Fri Jul 21, 2006 12:06 am, edited 1 time in total
View users profile Send private message Xbox Live Gamertag
Big Boss
Trick Member
Trick Member

59. PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dbv aka deepbluevibes wrote:
HOWEVER

for those of you talking about the sync being good one time playing the song, and the sync being bad the next time playing the song, this is what i don't believe.

seriously, you would have to PROGRAM that poopy into the game for it that to happen. seriously now, this should be common sense.

It's called faulty shit...tada!
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> DDR Chit-Chat All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 45, 46, 47  Next
Page 3 of 47

Jump to: