Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

Konami Addresses Sync Issue in DDR SuperNOVA
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 45, 46, 47  Next  
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> DDR Chit-Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rynker
Trick Member
Trick Member

20. PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No way. Isn't this the first time konami actually listened to their players?
It seems that they didn't want to give anyone at konami the dirty work of letting everyone know that they will fix the timing issue.
dbv aka deepbluevibes
Trick Member
Trick Member

21. PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AA Bob wrote:
dbv aka deepbluevibes wrote:
Bandit22 wrote:
so now all the people who said nothing was wrong with it are officially incorrect.

no, there's still nothing wrong with it, it's just that enough people whined about something being wrong because they were mad they couldn't get AAA's as easily, they had to actually use some timing (oh noes)!

so enough peple complaining = game change. lmao

Uh...no. If there wasn't actually a syncing problem, Konami wouldn't be releasing an update to FIX IT.

just like konami wouldn't release a game if it weren't working right, right?

right.
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger
videoCWK!
Trick Member
Trick Member

22. PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They're already working on an upgrade? Great! I just hope the nearest SuperNOVA doesn't get upgraded. If they did, they might have the urge to bump the price up to more then 6 tokens. Besides, the timing issues will drive people away from it, which I want.
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Resident Lune
Trick Member
Trick Member

23. PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spectere wrote:
Moan, moan, ITG > Konami.

Oh, jeez ...

Seriously, what more do you want? If Konami had instead ignored the issue, I'm sure people like you would have bemoaned the fact that they don't care and that they don't want to take care of problems that are obvious, then gone on a different tangent about how RoXor listens to their fans, while Konami doesn't.

But since they did, indeed, admit to muxing up, you're going at it with a different angle of "Well, they should have gotten it perfect the first time, and they should be scorned and repulsed", and so on and so forth.

How about just appreciating the fact that they are, indeed, admitting to a programming error and are going to make up for it as soon as they can? Is that too hard?
Trick Member
Trick Member

24. PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Resident Lune wrote:

How about just appreciating the fact that they are, indeed, admitting to a programming error and are going to make up for it as soon as they can? Is that too hard?

Yeah, man. Shit happens. It probably shouldn't have happened in the first place, but it did. And they're gonna fix it, and even give us a little present too.

I like presents. :3
AA Bob
Trick Member
Trick Member

25. PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AA Bob wrote:
Bandit22 wrote:
so now all the people who said nothing was wrong with it are officially incorrect.

no, there's still nothing wrong with it, it's just that enough people whined about something being wrong because they were mad they couldn't get AAA's as easily, they had to actually use some timing (oh noes)!

Uh...no. If there wasn't actually a syncing problem, Konami wouldn't be releasing an update to FIX IT.

just like konami wouldn't release a game if it weren't working right, right?

right.

That's completely unrelated and doesn't make any sense, and you should know that.

If nothing was actually wrong, what would be the purpose of releasing an upgrade? Adding a new song wouldn't be enough; people would still continue to complain about syncing issues. The size of the Perfect window has nothing to do with it. When this many people complain about syncing issues, there are syncing issues. Any halfway decent player can tell when the Perfect window isn't lined up with the beat, regardless of the size of the window. The Perfect window may be smaller than Extreme's, but that has nothing to do with it. ITG's Fantastic window is smaller than DDR's Perfect window, yet I don't hear people complaining about ITG's syncing like they're complaining about SN's.
So um, is it bad that awhile ago I was watching Family Guy, and when Quagmire came on, I thought something to the effect of "Whoa, It's AA Bob!" (I don't remember if the exact thought was "It's AA Bob" or "It's AA Bob's avatar", but I don't think it matters in this case)?
View users profile Send private message
gerinis
Trick Member
Trick Member

26. PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bandit22 wrote:

How many SuperNova machines have you played on? Is it possible that your machine is fine while others are off-sync?
gtc
Trick Member
Trick Member

27. PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've played on four machines myself, and they were ALL horribly synched.

DBV . . . you need to realize that this isn't "players whining because they're not good enough" . . . Konami rushed their game for whatever reason and the result was a pile of problems.

A smaller timing window I can deal with. Hell, I played 3rd Mix, that was rough.

But when there are songs an entire HALF-BEAT EARLY, that's very very wrong.

oh and gerinis . . . that mdfmk graphic looks a bit silly with the "body" added on E10.gif
Wolfman Jake
Trick Member
Trick Member

28. PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Resident Lune wrote:
Spectere wrote:
Moan, moan, ITG > Konami.

Oh, jeez ...

Seriously, what more do you want? If Konami had instead ignored the issue, I'm sure people like you would have bemoaned the fact that they don't care and that they don't want to take care of problems that are obvious, then gone on a different tangent about how RoXor listens to their fans, while Konami doesn't.

But since they did, indeed, admit to muxing up, you're going at it with a different angle of "Well, they should have gotten it perfect the first time, and they should be scorned and repulsed", and so on and so forth.

The best part is how Spectere admits that Roxor did the exact same thing with ITG2 (and how many revisions did it take them to get it RIGHT again?) as Konami has with SuperNOVA, i.e. releasing a build with synching issues and then quickly releasing a fix (DDR SN has NOT been out that long, and the distribution is still quite small), but somehow it shows that Roxor is to be praised and Konami is to be reviled. Sheer brilliance. Spectere should be a defense attorney.
Synaesthesia
Trick Member
Trick Member

29. PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know how Konami doesn't notice a sync drift issue in testing (unless they just skipped over the error), but as long as it gets fixed in a timely manner, SN wouldn't be an awful game. I wouldn't call it a great game (or maybe I would, since I don't like greats), but I wouldn't avoid it at all costs. The only thing I don't like about patches is that certain arcades out there just plain won't bother with it.

G_G
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger Yahoo Messenger
dbv aka deepbluevibes
Trick Member
Trick Member

30. PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gerinis wrote:
Bandit22 wrote:

How many SuperNova machines have you played on? Is it possible that your machine is fine while others are off-sync?

Yes, our machine at SVGL is on sync.

This is what i've been trying to say; the game itself is not messed up. Some of you just got faulty hardware. The MGL machine IS off sync.

but, whatever. you all believe what you want to believe, and we'll see if it really "fixes" being "off sync" lol

i played over 120 games of supernova so far.
every time i ended the game with "jerk it out".
every time I ended up with between 4 to 8 greats.

so, no, it doesn't "sync drift" on WORKING machines.
gerinis
Trick Member
Trick Member

31. PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i played over 120 games of supernova so far.
every time i ended the game with "jerk it out".
every time I ended up with between 4 to 8 greats.

so, no, it doesn't "sync drift" on WORKING machines.

Well yeah, because if it did, then the machine wouldn't be classified as a 'working' machine.
HRLVCam
Trick Member
Trick Member

32. PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok someone compared Perfects and Fantastics. Isnt a Fantastic more like a Marvelous?

Wait. How many patches have we had to put on the ITG machines at our local arcades? Looks like Roxor doesnt get it right the first time either.
Synaesthesia
Trick Member
Trick Member

33. PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, Fantastic is closer to Marvelous (Fantastic is 20 ms, Marvelous 16.7, Perfect 33). Some of us hope ITG3 will include Ridiculous timing, which would solidify the claim that Perfect and Fantastic should be equated (people like to see Great and Great, equate them, and evaluate from there, apparently).

Betson says it's not faulty hardware. Maybe that's the truth, maybe it isn't, but I haven't seen Konami employess milling about saying "SuperNova software does not cause this." I'm inclined to think it's the software-hardware interface, which lands the blame on Konami assuming Betson did, in fact, build cabinets according to specs.

G_G
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger Yahoo Messenger
Edible Bondage Tape
Trick Member
Trick Member

34. PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok how about this

deepblue is a name dropping troll so lets just ignore him
Basic Member
Basic Member

35. PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I vote G2 or Giudecca as new song.....
AA Bob
Trick Member
Trick Member

36. PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HRLVCam wrote:
Ok someone compared Perfects and Fantastics. Isnt a Fantastic more like a Marvelous?

Yes it is, and that's part of the point I was making. DBV said "it's just that enough people whined about something being wrong because they were mad they couldn't get AAA's as easily, they had to actually use some timing". Now ITG has a smaller timing window than DDR. However, you don't hear people complaining about how ITG is offsync, even though it's harder to get a perfect score. And that's because ITG (for the most part) isn't offsync. And on top of that, some of the people complaining about SN's syncing are ITG players.
So um, is it bad that awhile ago I was watching Family Guy, and when Quagmire came on, I thought something to the effect of "Whoa, It's AA Bob!" (I don't remember if the exact thought was "It's AA Bob" or "It's AA Bob's avatar", but I don't think it matters in this case)?
View users profile Send private message
DDRManiacMark
Trick Member
Trick Member

37. PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

finally Konami steps in, thank you.
Trick Member
Trick Member

38. PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spectere wrote:
Konami should have gotten it right the first time. Seriously, this only proves that SuperNOVA is a rush-job that was pushed out to compete with ITG.

It's just totally ridiculous that any song should be off in a game like this, and is made even worse by the fact that not only are several songs off-sync, but some songs will be on-sync once and horribly off-sync the next.

I'm just going to stick with ITG, kthx. At least Roxor knows how to sync songs and make charts difficult without throwing in a boatload of BPM changes and stops, not to mention how to sync songs well (yeah, I know they had a few off-sync charts in the first releases...while that most definitely shouldn't have happened in the first place, at least they were quick to correct it).

Everyone makes mistakes.
CJZ
Trick Member
Trick Member

39. PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope the new song is... GO!
View users profile Send private message Send email AOL Instant Messenger Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> DDR Chit-Chat All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 45, 46, 47  Next
Page 2 of 47

Jump to: