Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

BNS DX Xtreme FUSION + Lite
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next  
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Bemani Controllers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
123aaabbbccc
Trick Member
Trick Member

120. PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reenee wrote:
You mean to say I have to pay twenty lousy extra dollars just so I can play the damn thing on my Xbox?

I don't think this is true at all. It works out of the box with Xbox, PS2, and USB. If we're talking about the same pads?

http://www.buynshop.com/productinfo/4985/VG-DDR-DXSPK/

edit: sweet they have a DX and sparkle bundle directly on the site now.
View users profile Send private message
Duragon910
Trick Member
Trick Member

121. PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just got mine today
Got two quick plays in b4 heading up to the arcade in a sec

feels really good under my feet and everything seems to be working well
Korack
Basic Member
Basic Member

122. PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2007 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

edit : posted in wrong section
you can help me though E10.gif
http://www.ddrfreak.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=8702328#8702328
Duragon910
Trick Member
Trick Member

123. PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, just throwing another update out the for the Fusion
I've been playing on it for 3 weeks now and it's working fine
still very sensitive and working perfectly on 10-11 step songs
Bemani Dog
Trick Member
Trick Member

124. PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 6:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've had my DX Fusion soft pad for nearly a year, and it plays great still.
Duragon910
Trick Member
Trick Member

125. PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 6:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Only thing i've found a bit annoying is how it's a very smooth surfaced pad, and if I play with socks I slip a little on each note.

Anyone know how to fix this problem?
Aliendaycare
Basic Member
Basic Member

126. PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 8:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How about wearing the "hospital" socks? You know, the ones with "treads"?
Duragon910
Trick Member
Trick Member

127. PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Idk, never heard of them
maybe i'll make some little holes on the bottom so my feet can help lower the slipping
Aliendaycare
Basic Member
Basic Member

128. PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 6:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just picked up one of these pads: ~ $80 shipped.
Not bad! Pretty sensitive, and you can feel the difference between the dead spot and the arrows. I wouldn't go so far as to call them 'raised', but I can feel it.
I am using it exclusively on my PC via the USB connector.
This pad did not have a problem with joystick-axis despite being recognized as a 16-button game controller (as opposed to a 'USB Dance Pad').
After mapping the controls in SM3/4 and ITG, it works flawlessly.
This is just day 2, so I can't speak to the durability yet. I'm a big guy (250) and I try to play it as gently as possible, and I'm only playing beginner level.
I'll report back again before the warranty expires sometime next month.
orb
Trick Member
Trick Member

129. PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2007 12:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Almost a year later this pad is still working great E1.gif I don't use it as frequently as I used to, but I still give it some good play time. Aside from a tear or two on the bottom surface which I've had to tape up, I have noticed no performance issues really.
darkstarncw
Basic Member
Basic Member

130. PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I ordered mine on Monday morning and it arrived yesterday afternoon.(Friday) I'm in South Carolina so it basically had to travel the entire country, so the shipping time was quite impressive.

The box for the pad is about 2/5 the width of the pad and spans it's entire height.
It came with 3 connectable foam inserts which you insert in the pad yourself, 4 small circular things that reduce movement on hard surfaces, and of course the device adapter is attached.

After I removed my themes for Stepmania 3.95 and assigned the pad to the game, I reinstalled the themes and took it for a spin. The pad was instantly recognized by my pc and connected without flaw(despite user stupidity).

I've played it for a few hours now and all I can say is I love this thing. I'll warn you before you read much further that I am terrible at DDR/ITG because I am a fatty who smokes and drinks too much. Aside from the fact that I'm terrible, the pad stood up to its end of the deal. I played a few 6-8 footers and had 0 problems with ghosting or pad misses. I play on carpet so I had to move the pad back every few games, but you can't blame the pad for not sticking to poopy carpet. The only problem I had initially with the pad was feeling where my placement was, but after about 45 minutes I fell in the groove(no pun intended) of the raised arrows.

If you can't afford a Cobalt Flux or a Blue Shark(Yes I've played on both so I do have some idea of what I'm talking about), don't waste your money on anything else. This pad is well worth the money, and you can get 2 shipped for less than a used CF.
Kitties
Trick Member
Trick Member

131. PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2007 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So you say these pads are worth the money.
But are they worth it including the 55$ shipping and the 25$ or so it will cost to get over the border? (I live in Canada)

♥
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website
darkstarncw
Basic Member
Basic Member

132. PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2007 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't truthfully put a $ value on this pad, but I would say if I had to pay that much in shipping I'd probably just wait to order a CF.
jpoppyz
Trick Member
Trick Member

133. PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2007 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i like this pad better than i liked my cobalt flux. its more sensitive, i get less pad misses, i can use it on xbox, PS2, and PC without adapters, and its lighter. the only thing i've done to mine is modded the bottom so it wont slide. its an awesome pad and i'd pay up to $120 for it.
Trick Member
Trick Member

134. PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Once I save up enough, I think I'm going to get the pack of one Fusion and one Sparkle. (They're both so pretty!) In total it would probably be a bit less than 200$. I'm willing to take a chance. :3

♥
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website
versatil
Basic Member
Basic Member

135. PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just got my Fusion and Sparkle combo today...

I've only really given the Fusion a chance and suffice to say I haven't had the pleasant experience I was expecting. On the RO Ignition 3.0 I can nearly AAA plenty of <9 footers. AA with ease 9 footers. I am struggling on this pad to avoid miscellaneous misses/phantom/ghosting. So far the right arrow has had no problems.

The bottom arrow has been most troublesome: have to get used to hitting the arrow outward, I can't seem to understand when it acts up, i.e. if it's when im pressing a certain arrow in a certain spot sometimes it doesn't work or requires more pressure? I'm not sure. After wearing it in a little it's gotten a bit easier but I have to really focus on how I'm playing, I have to really raise my feet as well as press firmly for even the easier songs when I should just be able to play casually T_T

I've tried playing both barefoot and with socks. pad isn't barefoot friendly, at least not at first lol

im going through this forum to see if anyone else has a had a bad experience... otherwise i guess i'll try wearing this one in a bit and give the Sparkle a go, too. the Sparkle seemed to share similar problems. =\

btw im playing on PS2. I was playing DDR Max 2 (US) randomly, I guess maybe I'll try a different version? x_x
i don't know.

another thing is the arrows are on a slight tangent.... Nothing on the surface of the Fusion is parallel (in design). but the foam and sensors seem to be properly in place.

i'm really wondering if it's just me or if there's something i should try/do or what. blah.
versatil
Basic Member
Basic Member

136. PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

okay i played the fusion in more, changed games up a bit. it's getting better but it's damn awkward not getting FC's. maybe i just have to wear it in more and get used to it or something x_x
mfillescasabc
Trick Member
Trick Member

137. PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 7:41 pm    Post subject: Warranties Reply with quote

What are the warranties on these pads? I think the Red Octane Ignition 3.0 is only one month, but if you buy them at Best Buy or Gamestop you can get a one year warranty for ten extra bucks (well worth it in my opinion)
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger
versatil
Basic Member
Basic Member

138. PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 8:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Warranties Reply with quote

mfillescasabc wrote:
What are the warranties on these pads? I think the Red Octane Ignition 3.0 is only one month, but if you buy them at Best Buy or Gamestop you can get a one year warranty for ten extra bucks (well worth it in my opinion)

i got an ignition 3 from Best Buy w/ 2-year replacement plan.
it's an awesome deal if you're not a monster on the pad =|
otherwise u will end up replacing it weekly, monthly, semi-annually or whatever.

so far i have liked the ignition 3 more =| but we'll see what i think after ive gotten used to it/wore it (the fusion/sparkle) in more (assuming this is all that it'll take to get beyond the missing/phantoming (incredibly irksome to see an arrow flip out on you when you haven't even pressed it, even if it's only once every few songs))
mfillescasabc
Trick Member
Trick Member

139. PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 9:15 pm    Post subject: Re: Warranties Reply with quote

versatil wrote:
mfillescasabc wrote:

i got an ignition 3 from Best Buy w/ 2-year replacement plan.
it's an awesome deal if you're not a monster on the pad =|
otherwise u will end up replacing it weekly, monthly, semi-annually or whatever.

so far i have liked the ignition 3 more =| but we'll see what i think after ive gotten used to it/wore it (the fusion/sparkle) in more (assuming this is all that it'll take to get beyond the missing/phantoming (incredibly irksome to see an arrow flip out on you when you haven't even pressed it, even if it's only once every few songs))

oh cool....I didn't know you could get a 2 year plan at Best Buy
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Bemani Controllers All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 7 of 8

Jump to: