Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

BNS DX Xtreme FUSION + Lite
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next  
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Bemani Controllers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pow
Trick Member
Trick Member

100. PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To anyone who is wondering about how good these pads are:

I can do just about every song thats in DDR right now and most ITG 12's and 13's on this pad and do it with relatively high scores.

I've gotten AAA's on it on Heavy so it's pretty good.

IMO its probably the best foam/soft pad you can buy. I've played on ignitions, the itg pad the mariomix pad the konami pad, and after going through about 3 ignitions, I'm glad that I found this pad. Probably the best investment you can make for the money.

I've had the pad for about 6 months now and its still working like its brand new after playing every day for about 1-2 hours on heavy all 7-12's.

If your looking for something that will last a long time and is good as hell, BUY IT, DO OO OO O O IT
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger
noctorious
Trick Member
Trick Member

101. PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2006 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hmm... i have thick carpet, would it help a lot using a chairmat under these pads? I'm thinking about getting one for the guests XD
View users profile Send private message
dj_sammylvr03
Trick Member
Trick Member

102. PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2006 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

noctorious wrote:
hmm... i have thick carpet, would it help a lot using a chair mat under these pads? I'm thinking about getting one for the guests XD

It would probably be a good idea, because eve though it says it doesn't slip, it ends up slipping anyway.
Trick Member
Trick Member

103. PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just picked up a Sparkle for my girlfriend (After getting her a crappy $30 foam pad earlier this year)

Hope its good E1.gif
Basic Member
Basic Member

104. PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Remember that this is MY OPINION on this pad.

I have been using the Fusion dance pad for 3 days nows. So far, I can say that these pads are great. Just to give a description of who's playing on it: I'm 200 pounds and usually play 5-8 footers on Stepmania. My brother is 140 pounds and plays at the same level. We just started playing DDR again after a two year drought riiight.gif

pow has basically posted all the pros and cons to this pad so I can't really say anything without repeating what he said.

I tried this on THICK carpet (w/ XBOX) the first time I got the pad. The pad would need reshifting after every song. The accuracy wasn't the best on jumps. Let's just say I'll get Greats when it feels like it should be Perfects. I could also be wrong about this since I tried it on the carpet in one 40-min run before playing it strictly on hard floor (w/ Stepmania). If you play on carpet with these, I would suggest putting a chair mat underneath it.

When playing on the hard floor (w/ Stepmania), there were nearly no problems whatsoever. One slight problem which pow already stated is that the arrows are non-squared and small (check the pictures in this thread to see). This slight problem does not affect the performance for me at the least.

We played for about 6-8 hours total the past three days and considering my weight (200 pounds), its been taking a monster beating and still working as accurately as the 1st day. I suggest these pads if you do not have enough to get a metal pad (nexen, blueshard, or CF) because this is the next best thing.

I'll update on the status of these pads when something else comes up. If anyone has questions, I'll gladly answer it.
Intrinzic
Basic Member
Basic Member

105. PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really want to order one of these controllers but I’m really starting to wonder about this buy and shop outfit. I sent them e-mail asking one small question regarding these dance pads back on the 26th of December, then a slightly revised version of that question on the 27th of December. Neither of those questions got answered so I sent an e-mail on the 2nd of January in frustration that no one was getting back to me, asking what was going on. Then on the 3rd of January I called during their business hours and no one picked up the phone, nor did any answer service kick in. To this date no e-mail has been returned. All I wanted was a simple question answered before I my placed my order and now I’m starting to wonder about the company in general. They don’t answer e-mail, and they don’t pick up their phone. Like wtf?

I was wondering if the two-pad bundle {http://www.buynshop.com/productinfo/4985/VG-DDR-DXCB2/} and the, two pad bundles with game, were the exact same pads as the single product {http://www.buynshop.com/productinfo/4985/VG-DDR-ULTDX/}. I was also wondering about the “compatible with xbox when used with a controller adapter” part they have in their descriptions. The picture seems to indicate that the pad has PC/xbox/PS3 ends and no adapter is needed. Although the product description contradicts this saying adapter it is required, or with the xbox game bundle says it ships with adapters. Can anyone shed any light on any of this?

Oh, one more thing I just thought of. Do these pads have an xbox “y” button?
egauss
Basic Member
Basic Member

106. PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 2:07 pm    Post subject: Re: BTW, 5% discount from BNS Reply with quote

ChiyoDad wrote:
For other prospective buyers, this coupon code will get you an extra 5% off:

5FORME

E1.gif

So anybody know any more discount codes? Maybe free shipping? They want $30 to mail $100 worth of dance pads. I must admit I am awfully excited to get started in this ddr craze and I am counting on your reviews of this incredible pad!

Too bad BNS doesn't sell a mixed set of fusion and sparkle though.
limekat
Basic Member
Basic Member

107. PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 2:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BNS do sell a mixed set of fusion & sparkle, but you just have to send them an email about it. I was about to get a mixed set, but I decided on getting a double set of Sparkles to half with my friend.

These mats are beyond amazing; they're incredibly soft compared to the Redoctane Ignition. You can feel the quality =]

They're not the best at customer service, but the mats arrived perfectly on time, 2 weeks after I ordered them. They got back to me surprisingly fast when I placed my order, though.
koofu
Trick Member
Trick Member

108. PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 7:53 pm    Post subject: O_o Reply with quote

so the new DX pads look like that? nice.. wow 3 connectors. im getting it for sure. is the reaction time pretty good with every step?

Patty cake, patty cake, microwave
These suckas make a square, damn I'm paid
I'm so cool, but I'm so hot, and I'm, I'm so fly, and you, you're so not
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger MSN Messenger
orb
Trick Member
Trick Member

109. PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 10:53 pm    Post subject: Re: O_o Reply with quote

koofu wrote:
so the new DX pads look like that? nice.. wow 3 connectors. im getting it for sure. is the reaction time pretty good with every step?

for ps2 reaction time is great. I don't know about Xbox b/c I don't have one to try it on. PC USB... not so great; it lags a little. frown.gif I have had better experience with a PS2 -> LPT (parallel port) adapter that BuyNShop sells on their site for under $10 last time I checked. That adapter has got an extremely short cable though so make sure you have enough cable length from the pad itself. Anyway, the PS2 -> LPT adapter is what I personally use because lag annoys me, but the USB works just fine aside from the small lag. Just plug 'n play, really. (in Windows XP)
jpoppyz
Trick Member
Trick Member

110. PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 1:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

on my mac G4, i have experienced no lag using the USB on it. everything works perfectly for me, although this pad doesnt get much use anymore because of my cobalt flux.
Basic Member
Basic Member

111. PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 6:22 am    Post subject: I ordered it Reply with quote

I ordered the pad the fusion one and a ps to lpt adapter so i can use it on my laptop and just as a backup in case the usb lags but anyway thanks for all your reviews! By the way i just joined this site but i have been into ddr for years
Bigmac8484
Basic Member
Basic Member

112. PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also could someone tell me how there's are holding up? and if they're doing good?
Bigmac8484
Basic Member
Basic Member

113. PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey koofu, don't listen to orb i bought an adapter the lpt one with my pad and i just got the pad and adapter today and it is awesome! no lag or anything as long as im going to guess you have a decent computer without a lot of crap on it. Im not going to write a long review but on comfort 9/10 play 10/10 responsiveness 9/10 overall id give this a 10 out of 10 it is definitly worth it! Had to harp on my parents for days but it was worth it!
Heal Li
Basic Member
Basic Member

114. PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mines still running like its new. USB port has no lag at all!! (For Me)
orb
Trick Member
Trick Member

115. PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 12:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bigmac8484 wrote:
Hey koofu, don't listen to orb i bought an adapter the lpt one with my pad and i just got the pad and adapter today and it is awesome! no lag or anything as long as im going to guess you have a decent computer without a lot of crap on it. Im not going to write a long review but on comfort 9/10 play 10/10 responsiveness 9/10 overall id give this a 10 out of 10 it is definitly worth it! Had to harp on my parents for days but it was worth it!

Really? Sorry about that. E2.gif In my experience the USB lags more (which doesn't make sense from what I hear) but whatever. i notice lag on LPT too but it's fairly negligible.

Anyway glad to hear your pad is holding up E1.gif
discobiscuits
Trick Member
Trick Member

116. PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 12:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mine's still holding up well. Working great for Supernova JP E1.gif
Reenee
Trick Member
Trick Member

117. PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You mean to say I have to pay twenty lousy extra dollars just so I can play the damn thing on my Xbox?
Basic Member
Basic Member

118. PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The one i bought had the 3-in-1 connector for xbox/ps2/pcusb. I never got charged any higher.

UPDATE: The down button seems to take more pressure to press down on.
foolbar
Basic Member
Basic Member

119. PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My bns fusion has raised top and right arrows, but left and down are completely flat. Is this normal? Any hope of returning this to buynshop are will they just send the same pad back to me after I've spent $15 to ship it back to them?
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Bemani Controllers All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 6 of 8

Jump to: