Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

BNS DX Xtreme FUSION + Lite
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next  
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Bemani Controllers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
orb
Trick Member
Trick Member

0. PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2006 12:07 pm    Post subject: BNS DX Xtreme FUSION + Lite Reply with quote

These appear to be the latest revisions in BNS's decent to good to great foam insert style pads. The "Fusion" model is $10 more than the previous model and sports a new (ugly) design. The "Lite" pad looks like it has a foam insert as well but no raised arrows, no unique control box, etc.

What do you all think? E19.gif

http://www.buynshop.com/category/4985/

Last edited by orb on Fri Aug 25, 2006 6:55 pm, edited 1 time in total
View users profile Send private message
Agent J
Trick Member
Trick Member

1. PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2006 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone ever taken a BNS apart to see what's inside? I was just wondering if they had the same junky white foam in them that the Ignition and seemingly every other DX knockoff pad has in them.

As for the new design, I dunno. Like other pads out there, it looks like they're trying going with an ITG style for them. The Fusion's... ok. I've seen worse, and I've seen better. I don't know what the deal with those blue designs (flames) on it is, it could do without them. As for the the Lite pad, that one does strike me as rather ugly. Black, orange, and a blue gradient? I've seen colors like that in bad Powerpoint presentations. =\
jpoppyz
Trick Member
Trick Member

2. PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2006 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

look like solid pads, i think i might get one because my parents won't get me a metal pad. So i might as well just stick to foam pads; im becoming more and more annoyed with my konami soft pad for heavy ever since i got spoiled by foam pads previousely.
Basic Member
Basic Member

3. PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just got my Lite pad today and so far I really like it. I'm kind of heavy so i was scared the foam would just cave in under me but it's very sturdy. The pad is a little ugly but i don't care about style, just the performance which is great so far. But am I supposed to flip the foam over every so often? And how often should I flip it? Oh, and one more question, is it better to play on these mats barefoot or with socks? And if you have any questions about the pad I'll try as best as I can to answer them!
k//eternal
Trick Member
Trick Member

4. PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 4:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Never had to turn foam over before with any foam pad. And play with socks, less friction on your foot, so you get less blisters and such. Is the foam squishy or hard, and are the arrows raised?
orb
Trick Member
Trick Member

5. PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 9:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm pretty sure the Lite does not have raised arrows whereas the Fusion does. (Read the descriptions E1.gif )
DX Manaic
Trick Member
Trick Member

6. PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BNS made good quality pads back in the day. They had the really-thick dense foam.
Trick Member
Trick Member

7. PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i think im gonna get the BNS DX fusion...anyone got it yet? if so, how is it? after returning 3 ignition 3.0s and realizing they suck, i really want a foam pad because

1. Can't get a cobalt flux until next year
and
2. cant stand soft pads.
Basic Member
Basic Member

8. PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

k//eternal wrote:
Never had to turn foam over before with any foam pad. And play with socks, less friction on your foot, so you get less blisters and such. Is the foam squishy or hard, and are the arrows raised?

The foam is pretty hard. It gives a little but it's pretty hard. I've never played on any other foam pad before so I don't have anything to compare it to but it seems to be good quality foam.
dj_sammylvr03
Trick Member
Trick Member

9. PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It looks alot better than an ignition. I think I'll get one of these next until I save enough for a metal pad. Thanks for the info post.
Basic Member
Basic Member

10. PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2006 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just got the BNS DX Extreme Fusion when I actually ordered the older model (the DX extreme), but I have to tell you guys.. THESE ARE SEXY

I've read about the changes BNS made in how they manufacter the pads, like the raised arcade buttons sliding, since they were glued. I haven't had that problem so far. The foam insert is very dense.. it's like as hard as my tile floor (I do play on one). If I see any problems I'll let you guys know.
orb
Trick Member
Trick Member

11. PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2006 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nice! E1.gif How's the USB? does it work with more than one button press simultaneously on a PC? (if not, try holding start+select+up for a few seconds)...
furielrage
Basic Member
Basic Member

12. PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2006 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll try it out.
jpoppyz
Trick Member
Trick Member

13. PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2006 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

those things are HOT!! look much better than i thought they would.

anyhow, once i see if it works on USB, i'll be ordering one.
Basic Member
Basic Member

14. PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2006 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They work perfectly. Plugged in the usb and went into stepmania to config the directional arrows and stuff. They have to be configured first before the pad will work.
orb
Trick Member
Trick Member

15. PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2006 9:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

furielrage wrote:
They work perfectly. Plugged in the usb and went into stepmania to config the directional arrows and stuff. They have to be configured first before the pad will work.

Awesome. No lag or anything?

/me wonders if the pad works on Mac as well..
jpoppyz
Trick Member
Trick Member

16. PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2006 9:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i also wonder if it works on macs, because my PC is poopy and i like my mac E4.gif .
Trick Member
Trick Member

17. PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

very very sexy. yea the old DX pads had great foam too. these look great, and now with built in USB it seems to sound really like an all around great pad.

can u get a pick of the thickness of the foam?
jpoppyz
Trick Member
Trick Member

18. PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

im actually not getting one anymore because i just picked up my friends redoctane ignition 2.0 for $15 and it works GREAT!! however, once it breaks im gonna look into one of these.
Trick Member
Trick Member

19. PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I just bought one, so I'll post a review when it arrives. I was hesitant to order from BNS after I wasted 2 bills on the ABORTION that they called a metal pad. But this pad looks decent and its not too expensive so I went for it.
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Bemani Controllers All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 1 of 8

Jump to: