Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

RO afterburner made with rusty metal!!!
Goto page 1, 2  Next  
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Bemani Controllers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SpookyElectric
Basic Member
Basic Member

0. PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2006 10:09 pm    Post subject: RO afterburner made with rusty metal!!! Reply with quote

see for yourself

i originally purchased one of the first edition afterburners back in june along with the disconnect issues after replacing several control boxes from june to september with no avail it finally died mid september. after i sent it back in i ended up getting it back in mid november same disconnect issues and also recieved a new control box with the same issues. well today this one finally died and upon opening it up and trying to ressurect it i find this. ill be sending in one hell of a complain letter to ro. this cant be legal.
View users profile Send private message
videoCWK!
Trick Member
Trick Member

1. PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2006 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Woah, I guess RO is the new Mad Cats. But dude, not even Mad Cats would do that. Hey, we can add this to the archive of things that proove that RO sucks. At least Mad Cats sells cheap stuff for the prices it deserves, RO sells cheap stuff for way too much.
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
kahuna
Trick Member
Trick Member

2. PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2006 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

At least they're recycling. That's why their products are so overpriced - they go out of their way to be environmentally conscious.
SpookyElectric
Basic Member
Basic Member

3. PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2006 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

videoCWK wrote:
Woah, I guess RO is the new Mad Cats. But dude, not even Mad Cats would do that. Hey, we can add this to the archive of things that proove that RO sucks. At least Mad Cats sells cheap stuff for the prices it deserves, RO sells cheap stuff for way too much.

sounds good to me
i wanna see if there are any other Ro pads out there with rusty metal in them
videoCWK!
Trick Member
Trick Member

4. PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2006 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SpookyElectric wrote:
videoCWK wrote:

sounds good to me
i wanna see if there are any other Ro pads out there with rusty metal in them

If you got two with rusty metal, then there must be more
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Kiro9749__IMD__
Basic Member
Basic Member

5. PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OMFG!! Mine kept disconecting me all the time, so i opened it up and wattayaknow!! it appears the outline the interior with an old rusty metal rod.

basically u can't deny how awesome IMD is
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger
SpookyElectric
Basic Member
Basic Member

6. PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kiro9749 wrote:
OMFG!! Mine kept disconecting me all the time, so i opened it up and wattayaknow!! it appears the outline the interior with an old rusty metal rod.

WOOT
videoCWK!
Trick Member
Trick Member

7. PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2006 7:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is fuxx'd up. They're selling $200 metal pads made with RUSTY METAL. Its like one of those cheap plastic toys they have at doller stores. Only it costs more then one mighty fine dollar.
jpoppyz
Trick Member
Trick Member

8. PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2006 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

redoctane is the devil. Seriousely, now their all about making money. Back in the 1.0 and 2.0 ignition days, they were about making a QUALITY PRODUCT! then they decided to make the 3.0 cheaply and sell it for the same price with about as much quality as a $30 ebay ignition. Everything about Redoctane sucks besides ITG, which is good but no DDR.

Ever since they became more commercial and started making games, everything went downhill.

Lets be lil patriots and boycott to buy anything from those redoctane bastards! Redoctane is the british! We will not let the dance pad market fall under redoctanes rule! REBEL!!!

hey, and then we can go and dump all the cheaply made dance pads off the coast of california! MWAHAHAHAHAHA!!!
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger
cornchipz
Trick Member
Trick Member

9. PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2006 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Red Octane used to be a company that took pride in its work. It's quite depressing what they have become.

At best buy, the most commonly returned item is the Red Octane Ignition pad. Its funny how crappy they really are.
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger MSN Messenger
videoCWK!
Trick Member
Trick Member

10. PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2006 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cornchipz wrote:
Red Octane used to be a company that took pride in its work. It's quite depressing what they have become.

At best buy, the most commonly returned item is the Red Octane Ignition pad. Its funny how crappy they really are.

I know. I remember the first time I played on an Ignition 2.0 pad. At the time, it was the best DDR experience I'd ever had without going to the arcade. I'd like to know why RO decided to become the next Mad Catz...
cornchipz
Trick Member
Trick Member

11. PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2006 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WTF are you talking about, MAD CATZ ROOLZZZ!!!!11

Actually, I own a mad catz dance pad.... :'(

It's teh suxx0r.
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger MSN Messenger
lukejeff13
Trick Member
Trick Member

12. PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2006 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah! I just checked my RO AB and it also has the rusty metal. WTF?
ThePandemonium
Trick Member
Trick Member

13. PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2006 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

and I was seriously considering buying one of these... thats really funny in a way, cuz on the out side they look so nice but on the inside they must be crappy. does any one know that if it is surface rust or full rust?
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger
SpookyElectric
Basic Member
Basic Member

14. PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2006 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ThePandemonium wrote:
and I was seriously considering buying one of these... thats really funny in a way, cuz on the out side they look so nice but on the inside they must be crappy. does any one know that if it is surface rust or full rust?

the inside support bars are all rusted all 3 of them. oh and when i sent em the email with all the info in it they just ignored me and said i could get a 25% discount on a new one. as if
jpoppyz
Trick Member
Trick Member

15. PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2006 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mad catz pads are more useful as toilet paper than a dance pad. They bunch up and slide sooooo much, i would rather play with a controller. Less frustration.

almost all dance pad companies suck. No one cares about quality, just about making it as cheaply as possible.. And cobalt fluxes are terribly overpriced. You can make a metal pad of that quality for around...$150. If it was $200 that would be reasonable, but its not.
MinN_Limited
Trick Member
Trick Member

16. PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2006 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

J-POP_FOR_LIFE wrote:
almost all dance pad companies suck. No one cares about quality, just about making it as cheaply as possible.. And cobalt fluxes are terribly overpriced. You can make a metal pad of that quality for around...$150. If it was $200 that would be reasonable, but its not.

You get what you pay for, really. The flux is the only one with outstanding durability and so they need the extra money it costs to pay for quality materials, careful assembly, etc.
View users profile Send private message Send email MSN Messenger
cornchipz
Trick Member
Trick Member

17. PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2006 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You know, doesn't our country have an illegal immigrant problem? Why doesn't Cobalt Flux hire the mexicans to do it for pennies, and pass the savings onto us?
PsYc0tIk DreaM
Trick Member
Trick Member

18. PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2006 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So this is one of the main reasons my crap broke in a matter of 1 week???
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger Xbox Live Gamertag
SpookyElectric
Basic Member
Basic Member

19. PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2006 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ijirashi Ijin wrote:
So this is one of the main reasons my crap broke in a matter of 1 week???

also exposed wiring and some pads arent grounded properly
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Bemani Controllers All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: