Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

Beatmania convert budget
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next  
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Other Bemani and Music Games
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Larrikin
Contributor
Contributor

20. PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 4:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sir 0rion KAMENORI wrote:
I'm a fucking idiot

Wow are you seriously that retarded, trying to justify piracy?

First off theres different degrees of crimes. Im sure you don't think that a mass murderer and the guy who steals a pack of gum have commited crimes equal in seriousness

Buying an import, while technically illegal due to licensing issues, really isn't a major crime. The company who made the game still gets paid in full and can continue producing the series.

Stealing the game off the internet, where the company gets NO money for their work is a much serious crime.

You do realize that Bemani games aren't as insanely popular as you wish they were. IIDX sells nothing for the most part and the only reason they continue to produce it is because its semi popular in arcade. They make like no money off the CS releases of any of their games, except for maybe Pop'n and even then I'm sure its not much.

I'm not going to lie I do have pirated copies of some of the games, but I gradually replace them with legitimate copies over. Don't be a jackass and try and encourage people to put Bemani games to an early death.
Contributor
Contributor

21. PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 4:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm a fucking idiot

Wow are you seriously that retarded, trying to justify piracy?

First off theres different degrees of crimes. Im sure you don't think that a mass murderer and the guy who steals a pack of gum have commited crimes equal in seriousness

Buying an import, while technically illegal due to licensing issues, really isn't a major crime. The company who made the game still gets paid in full and can continue producing the series.

Stealing the game off the internet, where the company gets NO money for their work is a much serious crime.

You do realize that Bemani games aren't as insanely popular as you wish they were. IIDX sells nothing for the most part and the only reason they continue to produce it is because its semi popular in arcade. They make like no money off the CS releases of any of their games, except for maybe Pop'n and even then I'm sure its not much.

I'm not going to lie I do have pirated copies of some of the games, but I gradually replace them with legitimate copies over. Don't be a jackass and try and encourage people to put Bemani games to an early death.
Trick Member
Trick Member

22. PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 8:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

any point for that triple post?
Trick Member
Trick Member

23. PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Simple. In lieu of making any real point, he's purposely trying to lock this thread.

I don't know why I'm even doing this, as you single-handedly won my argument FOR me, but...

First of all, you STILL haven't submitted any proof that I actually DO pirate video games myself. All you have is the possible IMPLICATION that I MIGHT pirate video games because I suggested the possibility. It's like trying someone in criminal court for theft, then submitting no evidence in order to prove his guilt other than "Well, he IMPLIED that he was going to rob that convenience store." That just doesn't hold up.

Secondly, saying that one crime is LESS bad than another doesn't mean that that crime is okay. It's like saying "Hey, I DID assault the man, but at least I didn't KILL him." It's still illegal.

And best of all, YOU - not me, but YOU - said that YOU pirate games until you can find legitimate copies. So, if I'm understanding you properly: pirating games is alright; just don't MENTION piracy in any given conversation.

It's not even possible for you to talk your way out of the corner you've gotten yourself into, so for the sake of everyone around you, please don't bother trying. Just stick that tail of yours between your legs where it belongs, and just drop it.
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger
Edible Bondage Tape
Trick Member
Trick Member

24. PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Larrikin wrote:

Buying an import, while technically illegal due to licensing issues, really isn't a major crime.

technicly its only illegal if the licencer sells it abroad resellers are not bound to any third party contracts
Trick Member
Trick Member

25. PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's true enough. On the other hand, to be fair, public performance of the songs (in essence, playing any songs not licensed for US release) is still illegal. So therefore, it's still technically illegal to play many of the songs on Japanese DDR machines.

This isn't to say that anyone has been, is currently, or will ever be arrested for such an offense (think what a trial THAT would make!), but since we're speaking on purely technical terms, it still bears mentioning.
Larrikin
Contributor
Contributor

26. PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First of all, you STILL haven't submitted any proof that I actually DO pirate video games myself.

Do you? If you do you have no point to your paragraph and are just trying to be an ass

Quote:
Secondly, saying that one crime is LESS bad than another doesn't mean that that crime is okay. It's like saying "Hey, I DID assault the man, but at least I didn't KILL him." It's still illegal.
EBT already proved you were wrong on importing Beatmania games, so again you don't have a point. Nobody was discussing DDR arcade machines. Again you haven't proved shit except youre an ass

Quote:
And best of all, YOU - not me, but YOU - said that YOU pirate games until you can find legitimate copies. So, if I'm understanding you properly: pirating games is alright; just don't MENTION piracy in any given conversation.

I said that to prove I'm not a saint, but every game I've pirated in the past I've eventually bought because I'm supporting the series because with every release it could really be on the verge of being the last. Normally I pirate the game when it first comes out and buy it a month or two later. You basically told the guy to not worry about buying the games (which he was asking about) and to just pirate them.
Trick Member
Trick Member

27. PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For the love of GOD, man, can you not go five minutes without calling someone that disagrees with you names? I know that you don't have an argument to make or a leg to stand on, but you can't be THAT desperate.

First of all, you've been making the implication that I pirate video games because I was DISCUSSING the piracy of video games. Therefore, the burden of proof is in YOUR hands to say whether or not I actually DO pirate video games. I don't have to say one way or another. That's how it works.

Secondly, he did not "prove me wrong" on the issue. It's STILL illegal to own and play a Japanese copy of Beatmania because the songs are not licensed or copyrighted in the US. He was speaking specifically about the resale of imported games, which is indeed not specifically a crime. However, THE DIRECT SALE AND DISTRIBUTION OF IMPORTED GAMES IS A CRIME, AS IS THE PUBLIC PERFORMANCE OF SAID VIDEO GAMES.

Which was the whole point of my using the playing of any Japanese DDR cabinets as an analogy of video game-related crimes that will very likely never be tried in any court.

And I understand your point about not claiming to be a saint. However, your entire argument is based on how terrible piracy is. Therefore you can't make one single claim about the evils of piracy without bearing at least a considerable portion of the guilt. Your reactionary claims of "You're an *ss" will not change that.

Now, I'm not going to kid you about this like most people will and say that this is my final word on the subject. Until you get a grip on yourself or this topic gets locked, I will continue to systematically destroy every one of your ill-conceived points. I can only hope you appreciate my honesty regarding this matter.
Skit
Trick Member
Trick Member

28. PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like IIDX 7th style.
What about you guys- Larrikin and Sir 0rion?
0rion
Trick Member
Trick Member

29. PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alright, I'm happy to change the subject to something more pleasant.

I only have a couple of small problems with 7th Style. I wasn't a fan of some of the songs they had on it, for one, and that was the style that they once and for all stopped using the Low Speed modifier, which I find really fun to use.

However, in terms of IIDX songs featured on DDR, Happy Wedding made for a surprisingly fun Another chart, Max 300 is a pretty cool high BPM song, and A, of course... well, A has always been friggin' insane on IIDX.
dothedre
Basic Member
Basic Member

30. PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 10:55 pm    Post subject: Sir Orion rulez Reply with quote

All I have to say is Sir Orion rules. I am glad to see people still appreciate pirating in the bemani community.

Let you know this though, I plan on buying these IIDX games but I don't think anyone should be flamed for supporting piracy.

We all eventually pay for them in one way. Anyways piracy rules! Bemani games too.
View users profile Send private message
Flazh
Trick Member
Trick Member

31. PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2006 3:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just to tackle this quickly...

Get a clue, jackass. Ever played DDR Extreme in the arcade? You've just commited an international crime. Ever imported a video game? That's illegal, too.

Hi, check out my location before being such a knowall.
Anyway, how was I trying to get the thread locked? Maybe get you some points for being really stupid (whilst everything I said wasn't stupid... don't know how you got that it was).

Anyway, for reasonable people, don't pirate. Don't listen to idiots who try to justify it with 'tryout' or 'the game was rubbish'/'not worth buying' crap.
View users profile Send private message MSN Messenger
Sinistar
Trick Member
Trick Member

32. PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2006 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flazh wrote:
(I swear people are getting too damn flippant about copying games these days...)

Sorry to revive the thread just for this, but ... "these days". E1.gif

These days are no different than 20 years ago when it was all about swapping software via BBS's through our 300 baud modems, getting the latest Fast Hack'em signatures, or photocopying entire manuals to get the verification keys.

The audience is just a little larger these days, that's all.

CF cbox mods and more at the 'Pad'
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger Xbox Live Gamertag
gay dentist
Trick Member
Trick Member

33. PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2006 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Buy the game off of www.yesasia.com .
Bought 10th Style on there for $62.00, free shipping.

It's the same price for Red.
0rion
Trick Member
Trick Member

34. PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2006 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let's see... *Reads Flazh's post*

Here's some childish name-calling... some flamebaiting here... more name-calling... nope. No actual points made. Did you really revive this topic just to make yourself sound like even more of an idiot?
UnderOATH
Trick Member
Trick Member

35. PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2006 6:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see no problem with pirating 3rd-7th because of the fact that their discontinued and konami isnt recieving any money it doesnt matter anyway. Although I will say that sometimes a pirated game can crash on you and that really sux. Plus you wont get the cool box art. riiight.gif
8-red though is still in production and you shouldnt have any problem finding them. play-asia sometimes has them on sale for around $30. I got 9th for that price like 3 weeks ago. you just have to look around.

View users profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger Xbox Live Gamertag MSN Messenger
ColorOfSakura
Trick Member
Trick Member

36. PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2006 7:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alright, I'm happy to change the subject to something more pleasant.

I hope you know that was a bait tactic about piracy. If you knew anything about the IIDX community - you would know that because a lot of people were pirating the IIDX games that Konami basically said "Fuck you all. We're going to stop making CS releases of IIDX since they make no money." after 6th Style came out.

Because of that, BEMANI fans in Japan and over here petitioned and petitioned and begged Konami to reconsider their decision. Konami did but said "We'll do it on the condition that we get 20,000 Preorders for the game. Then we'll release it. Otherwise, consider IIDX CS scrapped."

No one knows how many preorders they got (most people think it was less than 20,000), but Konami released 7th Style CS anyways. A full TWO YEARS after 6th Style CS.

Since then, they've continued to release CS styles at a regular rate, but piracy in the BEMANI community, especially with IIDX is severely frowned upon for that reason alone.

That's why people get so pissed off and crazy when you mention pirating IIDX games. We almost lost the series once, let's not do it again.

So pirating games = bad.

Pirating IIDX games (or Bemani games in General) = Please no for the love of God if you want anymore CS releases.

And for the record: I have never pirated games, so I feel I have the right to say that it's bad.
Trick Member
Trick Member

37. PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2006 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

(I'm a noob at this, so... please, help... riiight.gif )

Returning to the topic of Fliptops, is this] the only thing I need, besides the boot discs, to play imported games?
or do I need more stuff?

and just to make it more on-topic, for those who have played RED CS, how noob-friendly is it?

TiA.
Trick Member
Trick Member

38. PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2006 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zajitarrius, that is the first coherent, serious, and above all reasonable argument that has been put forth against the piracy of IIDX in this entire topic. I commend you for it. One thing, though... why did you quote my saying that I was willing to talk about something more pleasant?

Anyway, Larriken and Flazh could really learn a thing or two from you about taking a standpoint and then following it through with a collective series of factual statements. Kudos on putting some actual thought into your post.
Backslider
Trick Member
Trick Member

39. PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2006 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pG deft wrote:
(I'm a noob at this, so... please, help... riiight.gif )

Returning to the topic of Fliptops, is this] the only thing I need, besides the boot discs, to play imported games?
or do I need more stuff?

and just to make it more on-topic, for those who have played RED CS, how noob-friendly is it?

TiA.

Actually, you don't even need that flip top (which contains entire ps2 casing) all you need is the one that replaces the top cover.

And I doubt anyone has played RED CS yet, seeing as it's not released until May 19th.
View users profile Send private message
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Other Bemani and Music Games All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: