Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

ITG n00b questions

This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> In the Groove
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Barbaloot
Trick Member
Trick Member

0. PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 8:31 am    Post subject: ITG n00b questions Reply with quote

I am going to play on an ITG arcade machine (ITG2) for the first time today. If it has a memory card slot, does that mean I can bring a PS2 memory card and automatically save all my scores to it? Also, will it overwrite my ITG1 home version scores?
Trick Member
Trick Member

1. PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 8:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nope, you have to use a flash drive, PS2 memory cards wont work. ITG arcade versions use USB-based cards.
Trick Member
Trick Member

2. PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 8:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What you saw were PS1 memory card slots that were used in the machine when it was previously DDR.

There should be USB memory card slots somewhere on the machine (usually on the top or the 1p side of the screen) that you can use a USB card to save your scores on. If the machine doesn't have it, then your arcade was lazy.
View users profile Send private message Send email AOL Instant Messenger Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Barbaloot
Trick Member
Trick Member

3. PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 8:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok. I assume then that I can bring a USB flash drive I use for my computer (with files already on it, but free space as well) and save my scores without it overwriting anything, right? Also, will it be obvious to see how to save my scores (or does it do it automatically)?
Trick Member
Trick Member

4. PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Barbaloot wrote:
Ok. I assume then that I can bring a USB flash drive I use for my computer (with files already on it, but free space as well) and save my scores without it overwriting anything, right? Also, will it be obvious to see how to save my scores (or does it do it automatically)?
Yeah, you can take any old USB drive that's plug-n-play (most are). It won't erase anything on your drive and it'll automatically save your scores. It's cake.
Chaos Master
Trick Member
Trick Member

5. PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

you can also take snapshots onto it. on the results screen (where it shows you your grade), hit the red button (or left+right if it's an upgradicab) and a snapshot will be saved to your USB drive.
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger Yahoo Messenger
Emptyeye
Trick Member
Trick Member

6. PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What everyone else said.

Basically, before you put in your money, you put your USB drive in the appropriate slot. At that point, a little icon with a question mark over it will appear on the corner of the screen of whatever side you put the USB drive into (That was terrible grammar). You put in your money, hit start, and the question mark should go away. At that point, you're in business, and your scores are being automatically saved.

My Recall- Now with actual, real arcade scores! O.o
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger
IHYD.Blake
Vivid Member
Vivid Member

7. PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chaos Master wrote:
upgradicab

I like that
Trick Member
Trick Member

8. PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

George W. Bush wrote:
Chaos Master wrote:
upgradicab

I like that

Typical.
View users profile Send private message MSN Messenger
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> In the Groove All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: