Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

Bar Question

This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Bemani Controllers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BobTheFish
Trick Member
Trick Member

0. PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2006 7:51 am    Post subject: Bar Question Reply with quote

My TX6000 arrived recently. It's a great pad and all, but I need help with the bar. You see, it moves about in it's slots - and if it isn't rigid, then it's hard to play with it. I told my Dad that we should tighten the screws, but he thinks that that would cause it to break for some reason that I didn't bother listening to. So should I tighten those screws or what?
ThePandemonium
Trick Member
Trick Member

1. PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2006 12:05 pm    Post subject: Re: Bar Question Reply with quote

BobTheFish wrote:
My TX6000 arrived recently. It's a great pad and all, but I need help with the bar. You see, it moves about in it's slots - and if it isn't rigid, then it's hard to play with it. I told my Dad that we should tighten the screws, but he thinks that that would cause it to break for some reason that I didn't bother listening to. So should I tighten those screws or what?

No matter how much you tighten the screws, they will get looser and looser and eventually wear away and break. What you need is somthing to reinforce the bar. Like a bed or a couch.
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger
katiepie
Trick Member
Trick Member

2. PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 6:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi there E1.gif Looks like all the TX6000s arrived in Britain at the same time (mine came last week). The bar on mine isn't rigid either.
I agree with your dad though, I think it will break if he tightens it up, it needs a bit of "give" on it.
So yeah your best bit is to give it some support against a bed or couch or something else solid and tallish. I have quite a solid Reebok X-Trainer that I push it against for the songs I need to use the bar on. Probably a good way to wreck my X-trainer but Oh Well, dancing is way more fun!
View users profile Send private message MSN Messenger
Marq(uistadorous)
Trick Member
Trick Member

3. PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 3:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Bar Question Reply with quote

BobTheFish wrote:

Id say try tightening the screws. It's not gonna break unless you REALLY tighten it! If it's better after you tighten the screws, then get some strong glue to hold the screws in place. Because personally, If I just spent money on a bar, I wouldnt want a stupid couch or something directly holding it up, cause I already use my couch as a bar!!! E1.gif
Trick Member
Trick Member

4. PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have two pads with these bars and they are interesting. First off you can tell nothing by the look of the bar; The bar on the TX series is very thin and light and even the ones with the add-on legs are relatively flimsy. I use the bar on the TX-5000 (the TX-6000's inferior cousin) but it feels iffy the whole time. I tighten it pretty firmly, but these bars always come loose so you will be re-tightening it constantly (perhaps some sealant on the threads would help). The bar on the Blueshark GXG feels like it weighs about twice as much as the TX-series bar. Its way stronger even without those extra 'legs'. I can put my weight on it and it doesn't feel flimsy at all because the metal is much thicker and heavier. It seems mymybox sells these bars seperately - they might work with the TX - I'll give it a try on my TX5K and let everone know. Keep in mind that although better, it's not perfect - you certainly can't run at the pad and vault over the thing like the kids in that shoe commercial did with their PIU machine laugh.gif
View users profile Send private message
TPF.Catch22
Trick Member
Trick Member

5. PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 7:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wakka Lakka wrote:
The bar on the Blueshark GXG feels like it weighs about twice as much as the TX-series bar. Its way stronger even without those extra 'legs'. I can put my weight on it and it doesn't feel flimsy at all because the metal is much thicker and heavier. It seems mymybox sells these bars seperately - they might work with the TX - I'll give it a try on my TX5K and let everone know. Keep in mind that although better, it's not perfect - you certainly can't run at the pad and vault over the thing like the kids in that shoe commercial did with their PIU machine laugh.gif

That is awesome. I had read in the Blueshark thread that the bar on that pad sucks as well, the exact opposite of what you found. Sounds pretty promising anyway, I'll be on the lookout when you test it on the TX E4.gif .
Trick Member
Trick Member

6. PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2006 6:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have successfully transplanted the bar from my Blueshark GXG to my TX5000 (I know, I buy every pad that comes out, I'm a prick laugh.gif ). The Blueshark bar is stronger because it's thicker metal, and it had larger bolts to hold it on. It loses some firmness when transplanted because the Blueshark GXG weighs almost twice what a TX weighs. The bar on the GXG the screws into a 1/4 steel plate - not so thick of metal on the TX5000 pad. The result is an upgrade in firmness - its stronger without those silly looking legsand the mymybox bar has a leather wrap too. Hopes this helps because I can't stand taking off these bars and I sure ain't gonna play on a TX5000 when I got a blueshark and an afterburner at my disposal. (TX6000 is a good pad, problem with TX is that each improvement represents complaints of previous owners, which in this case in me)
View users profile Send private message
TPF.Catch22
Trick Member
Trick Member

7. PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2006 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wakka Lakka wrote:
I have successfully transplanted the bar from my Blueshark GXG to my TX5000 (I know, I buy every pad that comes out, I'm a prick laugh.gif ). The Blueshark bar is stronger because it's thicker metal, and it had larger bolts to hold it on. It loses some firmness when transplanted because the Blueshark GXG weighs almost twice what a TX weighs. The bar on the GXG the screws into a 1/4 steel plate - not so thick of metal on the TX5000 pad. The result is an upgrade in firmness - its stronger without those silly looking legsand the mymybox bar has a leather wrap too. Hopes this helps because I can't stand taking off these bars and I sure ain't gonna play on a TX5000 when I got a blueshark and an afterburner at my disposal. (TX6000 is a good pad, problem with TX is that each improvement represents complaints of previous owners, which in this case in me)

Nice work Wakka. I was thinking of getting an Afterburner for my next pad, do you think it'd be possible to drill holes in the back part (where the Redoctane label is) to correctly fit a GXG bar? I'd be pumped if it is possible biggrin.gif .
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Bemani Controllers All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: