Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

Xbox 360 hard pads: any word?

This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Bemani Controllers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pawprint
Trick Member
Trick Member

0. PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2007 7:14 pm    Post subject: Xbox 360 hard pads: any word? Reply with quote

[DISCLAIMER: I looked and couldn't find a thread specifically for Universe pads. Forgive me and point me to the right place if I'm blind.]

Has anyone heard if any company has announced an intent to manufacture pads or at least control boxes for the 360? I really want to get Universe but the thought of going back to a soft pad is stopping me.
View users profile Send private message
ChilliumBromide
Trick Member
Trick Member

1. PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2007 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Word around the street has it that Dancing Tofu Gaming might be making some, but the CB's at this point will cost about $40 apiece, regardless of what model you get.
Pawprint
Trick Member
Trick Member

2. PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That price makes sense, given what I'm sure is an exorbitant licensing fee to make 360 hardware.

Keep the MyMyBox MX-2200 in mind, please....
ChilliumBromide
Trick Member
Trick Member

3. PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't realise they finally stuck a bar in something else.

link: http://mymybox.com/ddrmx2200.html

"Re-designed new packaging, prevents from damage during shipping"
If this is actually a true statement, they have my interest.
Pawprint
Trick Member
Trick Member

4. PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 8:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DancingTofu wrote:
I didn't realise they finally stuck a bar in something else.

link: http://mymybox.com/ddrmx2200.html

"Re-designed new packaging, prevents from damage during shipping"
If this is actually a true statement, they have my interest.

I have two pads and neither were damaged in shipping. The bar isn't the sturdiest thing on the planet, but it's fine for the occasional grab when you lose your balance.

Another thing to consider about these pads is that the contact is in the center of the panel. If you have a tendency to tap the edges of a panel, you'll probably get misses.
ChilliumBromide
Trick Member
Trick Member

5. PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good to hear. Yeah, their 1" (?) bars are pretty pathetic. The arcade machines use 2" bars, don't they?

The sensors sound like the usual metal-to-metal sensors. You can replace them with better (CF-style) metal-metal sensors for, like, $10-$20.
Aryon
Basic Member
Basic Member

6. PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2007 11:16 am    Post subject: Re: Xbox 360 hard pads: any word? Reply with quote

Pawprint wrote:
[DISCLAIMER: I looked and couldn't find a thread specifically for Universe pads. Forgive me and point me to the right place if I'm blind.]

Has anyone heard if any company has announced an intent to manufacture pads or at least control boxes for the 360? I really want to get Universe but the thought of going back to a soft pad is stopping me.

Cyphergames has some nice pads for Xbox.
Pawprint
Trick Member
Trick Member

7. PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 8:17 pm    Post subject: Re: Xbox 360 hard pads: any word? Reply with quote

Aryon wrote:
Cyphergames has some nice pads for Xbox.

Yes, but not for the Xbox 360, which is what this thread is about. We now return you to our regularly-scheduled, relevant posts....
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Bemani Controllers All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: