Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

Intec "Arcade Dance Platform"
Goto page Previous  1, 2  
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Bemani Controllers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
greenone
Trick Member
Trick Member

20. PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2006 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the control box is horridly placed. A mis-step to the up arrow can lead to some unfortunate results
View users profile Send private message
xtremeddrman
Basic Member
Basic Member

21. PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 7:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just got one of these $99 metal pads yesterday at Toys R Us. It seems to be working great so far. My wife and I will try it and I'll post what happens to it. It seems like a great deal so far. We purchased the extended warranty too, so that should help if we need it to be replaced. I hope it works out for us....

I agree, if you mis-step on the up arrow, that could be deadly for the pad. That's almost standard placing for any DDR pad though. Unfortunately, there's no other "best" place to put the control box really...
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Travelsonic
Trick Member
Trick Member

22. PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apparently the product is discontinued - that's what I got from the guys at ToysRus when I returned mine. These pads work well to a point, 100 Expert (ITG) or Heavy songs later you have to be careful because the "1 piece" pads will bite you in the buttocks - or more accurately, crack like mine did. From the top left corner of the right arrow down, and across the bottom of the arrow. disgust.gif Now I'm stuck with a crappy PumP pad (Crap for DDR, good for PumP) while my new MyMyBox SOLOMODE 2200 takes it's sweet time to get here.
DARREN HAYEZ
Trick Member
Trick Member

23. PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Discontinued eh? I guess I don't have to decide whether or not to waste money on it then.

View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger Xbox Live Gamertag MSN Messenger
xtremeddrman
Basic Member
Basic Member

24. PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 8:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My wife was going to play DDR this morning on our new Intec pad that we got ON 05/30/2006, and we found out that the UP arrow stopped working correctly. We had to actually step on the bottom of the arrow for it to work, and it didn't work all the time. Fortunately, we did buy it with the Toys R Us extended warranty, so we'll be able to replace it.

I don't know....this may not be a good pad afterall....sounds like everyone is having the same problems....
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
xtremeddrman
Basic Member
Basic Member

25. PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2006 3:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got replacement pad from Toys R Us on 06/05/06. It's been working just fine so far. We'll see how long it lasts...
Lord Aldesajb
Trick Member
Trick Member

26. PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 8:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Question!

If it is just one piece, how does it give enough to one arrow and not and adjacent(?) arrow?

Also, how do you tell where the arrows are especialy if you are wearing shoes? E19.gif
xtremeddrman
Basic Member
Basic Member

27. PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2006 8:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apparently, the actual one-piece platform is very "bendy" so it gives enough to touch the sensors. You can actually REALLY feel when you don't step on the arrows. There are definite "sinks"/"dips under the arrows to the sensors. It's weird, but you can tell the difference when you're playing. If you step fully on the arrow, it feels different than when you step the actions buttons (X, O, etc.) or when you step in-between the arrows or actions buttons. Do you have one?
Lord Aldesajb
Trick Member
Trick Member

28. PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 7:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Creepy and no I don't and am afraid to have one now E11.gif
View users profile Send private message Send email Xbox Live Gamertag
xtremeddrman
Basic Member
Basic Member

29. PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 1:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It sounds creepy, but it's actually quite a decent pad. It doesn't play the same as any of the other metal platforms, but it's definitely better than a soft pad. I would read the review. It's quite accurate as to the feel of the pad. The platform really does "give" under the arrows, and I can tell when I miss the arrow.
dotman557
Trick Member
Trick Member

30. PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got one of these pads for Christmas last year. It worked fine for about a day, then all the sudden, an error message popped up (DDR Ultramix 2 for the Xbox) saying "Please Reconnect the controller to the Xbox Console." I ignored it, saying that the connection is probably a little jiggly. I continued playing, and the error message continued flashing for about a second and continually interrupting me, making me fail the song. I called Intec, said they would fix the problem. I sent the pad to the company. This was back in february. I still havent gotten it back.... frust.gif frust.gif frust.gif

View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger
studmuffin51306
Basic Member
Basic Member

31. PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've had one for about 5 months now, it still works perfectly, but unfortunatly has terrible cracks in it. Definately don't use shoes on this one, I don't care what the warning says. I weigh 180 lbs and it cracked when I never use shoes. All I can say is, if you're lucky and actually have a working one like me, keep the duct tape handy.
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger
hoot
Basic Member
Basic Member

32. PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

its the WORST pad ive EVER seen in my life.

sorry for my bad english, im french, ill try to do my best.

i bought it tonight, at like... 5 oclock, came back home, plugged it, tryed to play... doesnt work... reason? I play on xbox and the "security cord" was broken (it was very warm). I changed it, and, ohhh, it works (for the moment). After ONE song, yes, ONE song, the select button (little red button) broke and jumped everywhere in my room. I wanted to throw it outside and put it in fire. It's a PIECE of poopy. Tomorrow i'll go back to the store to have my money back. frust.gif

DO NOT buy this pas, this is the WORST pad EVER made.
View users profile Send private message
studmuffin51306
Basic Member
Basic Member

33. PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AN update.

After 8 months, this pad has finally last response in the bottom arrow. SO I performed some surgery.

After cutting out the arrow, there is a layer of black padding, with a flimsy peace of aluminum(im guessing?) to hit the metal sensor below it. THe metal sensor is about half an inch thick and surrounded by a white layer of padding. You can tell where the arrows are, because there is a (im thikning not even real?) wood frame that holds the flexible plastic in place. Basically, you step on the arrow, it puts pressure on the flimsy aluminum which hits the metal sensor and that makes the arrow work. After putting more padding and support around the arrow, and (once again) duct taping it all together, I have gotten about 75% response from the broken arrow. However, I feel that this is a mistake on my part for putting to much padding in. As it wears down it gets more and more accurate and I think after awhile it will be good as new (pluys a little duct tape).
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger
MasterInuYasha
Trick Member
Trick Member

34. PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2006 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Travelsonic wrote:
Dan Druff wrote:
My pad now acts funny on the X-BOX. It works on Karaoke Revolution Party but not on any of the Ultramix games. It does still work on the PlayStation 2, which is good because I have ITG.

The problems with my pad occured for me after attempting to connect the pad to my Xbox adapter for use in Stepmania for 4 hours (since I gave away Ultramix, not that it matters since I now have Konamix, MAX, MAX2, In the Groove, and as of today, DDR EXTREME), but I doubt that would have much of an effect... I hope. blink.gif

So you mean I can't use it with stepmania? god damn that sucks. Because that's all I have, I don't own a PS2 or xbox
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
DarkCore
Trick Member
Trick Member

35. PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 8:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MasterInuYasha wrote:
So you mean I can't use it with stepmania? god damn that sucks. Because that's all I have, I don't own a PS2 or xbox
Thank you for bumping this topic; I don't know what we'd do if you hadn't of.
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website MSN Messenger
revenGmyass
Trick Member
Trick Member

36. PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

is this the only METAL pad that you can buy in-store or is there more?
Trick Member
Trick Member

37. PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well guys, I got bored tonight, And decied to rip into my intec pad. it's pretty "simple" design, and the more I got looking into, the more you see the cost-cutting things they did.

Without the "no slip" mad on bottom (it's actually one solid THIN piece of wood held on by stables. A simple slice of the foam around the edges, and pry, and I got it off:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v350/punkrobot/DDR/intec1.jpg

it's held on by alot of these little buggers:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v350/punkrobot/DDR/intec2.jpg

Here was the fun part, around the bottom, top and sides there are little tabs welded (barely) to the metal frame. 4 very poopy-cut tabs hold the main board (with the sensors and what not down)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v350/punkrobot/DDR/intec3.jpg

Here is all the sensor wires:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v350/punkrobot/DDR/intec4.jpg

BOOM! Here is all the sensors, it's setup just like RO and some eBay pads:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v350/punkrobot/DDR/intec5.jpg

Uses foil to complete the circuit

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v350/punkrobot/DDR/intec6.jpg

Uh-oh, something wasn't lined up:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v350/punkrobot/DDR/intec7.jpg

You can barely see it, but this is what taps it sits on, the welds are VERY crappy, and rusted out on a few of mine:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v350/punkrobot/DDR/intec8.jpg

For the most part, it's your basic cheap-hard pad. I'm not at all supprised with how it's put together.
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Luca
Basic Member
Basic Member

38. PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 2:22 am    Post subject: Pad works fine Reply with quote

Bought mine about 4 days ago from Future Shop, first one I bought caused random effects with my xbox, so I exchanged it. No problems since, use with my nice wal-mart runners E10.gif
View users profile Send private message MSN Messenger
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Bemani Controllers All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: