Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

my arcade timeing is off?

This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> In the Groove
View previous topic :: View next topic  
impulse617
Trick Member
Trick Member

0. PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2005 5:54 am    Post subject: my arcade timeing is off? Reply with quote

hey guys i got this problem. I know home timeing and arcade timeing is the same. But for me, my arcade timeing is worse then home. At home i can ** "da roots" but i only got 96.21% at the arcade (1 great FC, with about 100 excellents). Why is my arcade timeing off so much from my home timeing, shouldn't my scores be about the same? and stamina has nothing to do with it, i have more then enough stamina for this song at the arcade and home.
Trick Member
Trick Member

1. PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2005 8:38 am    Post subject: Re: my arcade timeing is off? Reply with quote

impulse617 wrote:
hey guys i got this problem. I know home timeing and arcade timeing is the same. But for me, my arcade timeing is worse then home. At home i can ** "da roots" but i only got 96.21% at the arcade (1 great FC, with about 100 excellents). Why is my arcade timeing off so much from my home timeing, shouldn't my scores be about the same? and stamina has nothing to do with it, i have more then enough stamina for this song at the arcade and home.

because your scores will always be higher at home on soft pads/home pads.

thats just how it is... the window's a little more open.

I have friends who are like "dude I just 96'd XUXA EX at my house"
-Next day at arcade-
92... yeah way to go.

see, home pads dont matter.
Trick Member
Trick Member

2. PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2005 8:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The timing on the home version is the same as the arcade version.

The pads at the arcade are recessed. There's another factor or two as well, but the overall experience is different anyway.
View users profile Send private message
Synaesthesia
Trick Member
Trick Member

3. PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2005 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My friend who cannot pass half of the DDR 9s can lame his way through July Expert by just flailing and shuffling a lot (size 16 feet) on an Ignition pad. So, if that's what's being used, then I'm not surprised.

G_G
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger Yahoo Messenger
ChessWhiz
Trick Member
Trick Member

4. PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2005 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is a huge difference between arcade and most home pads. If you're going from anything non-Cobalt-Flux and non-Afterburner to an arcade pad, your scores will be a lot different. 'Nuff said.
impulse617
Trick Member
Trick Member

5. PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2005 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

im using a cobalt flux E13.gif
Trick Member
Trick Member

6. PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2005 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I always perform better at arcade... I think thats how alot of ITG players are, i can barely pass HoTN at home, on my cf, but at arcade i can 88 it. I don't know, it may have to do with the atmosphere of the arcade but im not sure.
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger
thisismyoldusername:P
Trick Member
Trick Member

7. PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2005 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A friend of mine passed Pandemonium expert on the home pad, but it took him a much longer time to do it on the arcade pad because the sensors were worn out so much from people doing the exact same thing he was doing that very moment. riiight.gif
View users profile Send private message
toady007
Trick Member
Trick Member

8. PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2005 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Or you play at CVGL where the hardware is fried and the timing actually -is- off.
Trick Member
Trick Member

9. PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2005 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

actually, the home version's timing windows are *slightly* larger.

the JudgeWindowAddSeconds tag has a value of 0.02, meaning that the Marvelous window is 22ms instead of 20, Perfect is 42 instead of 40, etc.
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger Yahoo Messenger
0rion
Trick Member
Trick Member

10. PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2005 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

...right.

And now that we're back from the land of complex explanations...

Go to options and adjust the timing window to be either a little earlier or a little later. My guess is that you're playing using a stereo system at home, so the music playback isn't reaching you as quickly, making your timing slightly off when you play at the arcade.
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> In the Groove All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: