Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

DanceTrax - A New Dance Simulation Game
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 13, 14, 15  Next  
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Other Bemani and Music Games
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Phrekwenci
Administrator
Administrator

40. PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2005 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I believe I can tell you the projected price of the DTX cabinet will be considerably less than most other dancing games at launch.
Trick Member
Trick Member

41. PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2005 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I realize this is WAAAY early, but we probably won't see a console port unless there's a reasonable amount of success in the arcade? I ask because I know I didn't have an ITG anywhere near me (and still don't, really), so the PS2 release was really important for me.

RE: Wakka Lakka. Optical sensors aren't anything terribly innovative; several people have built their own pad before. I assume they've housed the sensors very securely and safely. As I understand it, stomping/accidentally hitting the sensors/whatnot is a big problem, as the instruments are rather sensitive. However, I imagine it does produce a more reliable pad than with switches.

G_G
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger Yahoo Messenger
Cutriss
Staff Member
Staff Member

42. PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2005 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MazriM TaiM wrote:
Hooray close-minded DDR Freak users!
Hooray elitist BMS users!

Please don't judge people strictly by where they choose to post. Ever wonder why I don't use your site a lot?

I'm looking forward to getting to try this. Naturally, I'll probably end up being one of the last 20 people in the nation to do so. -_- Yay deep south...

Sentient Mode is capable...
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger Xbox Live Gamertag
lolinternet
Trick Member
Trick Member

43. PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2005 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reenee wrote:
lolinternet wrote:
I just listened to like 10 of the samples on the site.

That's not all of them apparently!

Awesome. I did manage to download and listen to every sample, and I'm still not really feeling any of them.

Sorry frown.gif

I still don't think beingg limited to one genre is a smart move frown.gif

How are you guys looking in the originals department?
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger
Edible Bondage Tape
Trick Member
Trick Member

44. PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2005 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Arch0wl VI wrote:

I know that there's a lot of clones of DDR that just suck. But think about the first time you played ITG. What attracted you? The steps and the music (well I'd hope the steps and the music did because man if the graphics did I dunno >_>)

because it was a music game im a sucker for them

however its been in my possetion sense launche date and its been in my game case sense two weeks after

Uiru wrote:
CNLohr wrote:
I don't know how many of you guys read Roxor's couter-suit, they're in a lot less trouble than you guys think

Is that the one where Roxor said that Konami's patents are invalid because Roxor said that Konami's patents are invalid? "NO U" is not a sound legal strategy.

If you guys are planning on doing a four-panel rhythm game with step judgements on a stage that you move your feet to control, you'd better factor royalties into your expenses.
~Uiru

dont forget the part when he said "were legal so shut up" i spent months and months and months waiting for this seeing all the hushed whispers on DDREI with adam and holy talking about how inovative it is and how they cant tell us about it and promisies of that it was really differnt (i belive at one point we were told that it didnt use the same old imput mechanic either) and now its just another clone ho hum ill play it when it comes out and if a home version shows up ill scrape it up before it gets delisted (on the first day more than likly too even) but good luck making a great franchinse out of it (do however beat the tar out of DJpotatoe though)

Arch0wl VI wrote:
we know what you guys want.

evedently not because you gave us yet another clone
Trick Member
Trick Member

45. PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2005 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. I think the music selection is fine. I don't really see how there is some huge variety of music in ITG. ITG1 had a lot of techno/trance, some rock, and some bubblegum pop. A HUGE variety would be eurodance/eurobeat, super eurobeat, country, techno, trance, ballad, rock, classical, pop, bubblegum pop, dance, house, happy hardcore, hardcore, tribal, R&B, rap, etc. I don't think ANY game has done a huge variety. I think that, over the life span of DDR you have seen a lot of types but NO game has given the fans a wide range. Then again, I think that is why you see such fanboy-ism in arrow stomp games. Those that like the fast-pased techno and trance combined with insane steps go with IRG, those that like more mellow charts and more vocal music go with DDR. Neither is bad or good honestly, just a choice. I like the speed stuff from Saifam.

2. I personally don't see how, legally, when Konami has a patent for 4-panel dance games with a specific look to the interface and machine people that produce these rhythm games say there won't be an issue. Granted, I am not a legal scholar but I have taken a few basic patent law classes and it seems to me that both the ITG upgrades and dedicated cabinets don't quite follow the rules. Leave it to the courts, but here is some legal advice: lawyers with commercials and 800 numbers aren't usually the cream of the crop.
View users profile Send private message
Cowman715
Trick Member
Trick Member

46. PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2005 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For some odd reason I'm excited about this game unlike when ITG first came out.

We'll see when it comes out biggrin.gif

HE'S SO FUCKING FUNNY WITH THE RANDOMNESS AND MY CAPS PROVE IT TO BE TRUE!!!!!!!!
View users profile Send private message Send email AOL Instant Messenger Xbox Live Gamertag
DJ Kakarotto
Trick Member
Trick Member

47. PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2005 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let me see we have, in the total tracklist (which is currently around 120)...

Acid, House, Ethnic House, Psychedelic trance, electro house, breakbeat, hard techno, epic techno, hard rock, classical techno, classical trance, um... taka-ish stuff, scumpop, scumrock, ethnic techno, downbeat something, hyper eurobeat, epic drum 'n' bass, video-game music, happy kiddy music, hard techno, yodeling country music, dark ethnic music, happy ethnic music, circus "Elfman"-like music, happy hardcore, vocal happy hardcore, experimental drum n' bass, epic darkcore, darkcore, melodic techno, melodic trance, darude-ish techno, whatever midihead's music is labeled as, classical house, deep house, vocal house, garbage techno, good-cool -esque house, straight up trance, bubblegum pop, "family guy" happy hardcore, rock breakbeat, BIG beat breakbeat, dark trance, epic trance, symphonic techno, swing music, jazz music, beach-house music, lobby music, disco, and straight up techno.

that's just a snippit of the originals list... let me check my licensed list...

happy dance (Barbie Young), hyper eurobeat, speed dance, speed pop cover, speed spanish cover, whatever you would consider Boom Boom Dollar to be, pop techno, R&B, hard hard rock, mainstream hip hop, downbeat bubblegum pop, house, punk, SKA, new age, vocal techno, speed classical techno.

there's more, i just don't what the hell to call them... we have a very diverse tracklist, at least i think so, what do you think? With the samples on the site, I just wanted to make sure almost each original artist got to have a sample. I'll update with maybe... 4 more samples... in the near future, just for you lolinternet
Reenee
Trick Member
Trick Member

48. PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2005 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BBG is Disco Italo, I believe.
View users profile Send private message
JJasser
Trick Member
Trick Member

49. PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2005 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This game 4 t3h win! BB$!!!!!!! HELLL YEAH!!
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger
Uiru
Contributor
Contributor

50. PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2005 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bemani genres are like Doubles step ratings; they exist as a formality, are mostly made up, and are entirely useless.

There are two genres that matter to me: licence, and Naoki. Everything else is details. :D
~Uiru

"I just think everytime [Uiru] touches a keyboard, something epic comes out." ~Ω
View users profile Send private message Send email
DJ Kakarotto
Trick Member
Trick Member

51. PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2005 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

also to answer some questions since i'm running this project:

We have the advantage of watching what happens between Konami and Roxor while working with this project, so when any changes occur, we'll take the proper measures. And also understand that most of the news you hear about the case IS FROM KONAMI! Biased, maybe? Roxor has a good case on their hands against Konami's patents.

Also let me reiterate how diverse our tracklist is... we have a diverse tracklist.

Someone keeps asking about the theme song (the song on the website). It's called "Rave Until the Night is Over (Euro Mix)" by DM Ashura featuring Jenny (From Spray and Spacekats).

The cabinet will cost less the DDR's cabinet and significantly less than ITG2's cabinet. What can I say... outsourcing saves money. So we will be giving the arcades a REALLY good price.

I will really try updating the community with almost EVERYTHING about this game as they come. When we get final FINAL screenshots of the game, you guys will be the first to see them. When the cabinet arrives in America (January, most likely), we'll show you guys pictures as well as have a launch party (will be bicostal).

Understand, however, unlike another game that was in development, our staff are still college students (couple of high school students). We are incredibly busy with our own lives and try and spend the most time we can on this game. THAT DOESN'T MEAN IT WILL TAKE FOREVER. The reason we OFFICIALLY went public now is because the development is all in a downhill slope from here. THIS GAME IS COMING OUT FAST. We are also looking into a console release (XBOX) but that will only depend if our engineers can manage to port it to the XBOX. And although it is not typical, the port release won't be far after the arcade release. THAT IS STILL UNOFFICIAL!

We have invested THOUSANDS of dollars into this project, correction, Paper2Production has invested thousands of dollars into this project; nearly $10,000 at the moment. Althought that is information you guys don't need to know, I just want to let you guys know that this game WILL BE RELEASED, at the LATEST in Summer. Either way, you guys will play it.

Now, as the public, you guys don't really NEED to know the business aspect of this game. I don't even push to fully know the business aspect of it, Paper 2 Production is handling all of that. However, out of courtesy, I will let you guys know mostly all that I know concerning the legality and whatever. We have a huge team of lawyers with us. Whether they are good or not, I don't know, I just know that they are EXPENSIVE. So please, stop speculating on the legal aspect of this game. Just look at this game as what it is, a game.

And about steps, we have a team of 3 judges from different areas of the US and are all good at critiquing and all have their own taste. ALL THREE OF THEM MUST APPROVE A STEPCHART BEFORE IT IS IN THE GAME. Even though this is a tedious process, it makes sure that all the stepfiles are high quality (fyi: Fans of doubles will NOT be disappointed).

We have been working on this game for over a YEAR, so you can say we take our time on these charts and music, and graphics, and every thing else in this game.

Thank you, Austin
Original Z
Trick Member
Trick Member

52. PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2005 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I'm more interested in this game now than when it was originally announced.

Just, oh I really hope you guys have fun and innovative stepcharts with lots of FS potential! Hopefully some cool modes too, traditional dance is aite and all but some unique modes and such make a huge difference!

By the way, what kind of distribution deals do you guys have with this? As in, how likely will it be that arcades will get this machine (not factoring in the low price)?
Go Getta
EYYY
Go Getta
EYYY
Go Getta
YEAH
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger MSN Messenger
mtwieg
Trick Member
Trick Member

53. PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2005 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This sounds awesome. The more competition, the better.

My main question is about the optical sensors. Does this mean that there won't be any moving parts in the pad and your foot directly breaks the beam, or will their be a moving panel? Will the dimensions of the pad be the same as ddr and itg (especially the elevation of the non arrow panels)?
Trick Member
Trick Member

54. PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2005 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Original Z wrote:
Well, I'm more interested in this game now than when it was originally announced.

Just, oh I really hope you guys have fun and innovative stepcharts with lots of FS potential! Hopefully some cool modes too, traditional dance is aite and all but some unique modes and such make a huge difference!

By the way, what kind of distribution deals do you guys have with this? As in, how likely will it be that arcades will get this machine (not factoring in the low price)?

We are in talks with one distributor, who I will leave unnamed for now. Unlike most distributors, however, they won't need to spend a DIME on us. We are FULLY capable of manufacturing and distributing this game ourselves, the only reason why we are still sorta shopping for a distro is for their name recognition.

We will be making alot of these cabinets before the release date, so start talking to your local arcades about us. When our promo machine is complete (January), then we'll have information available to locally-owned arcade owners.

This is unofficial as well, as soon as the promo machine hits America... I personally will be touring California for a month and a half with the promo machine. Places that I will likely appear in: Fresno, San Francisco, Sacramento, Bakersfield, and maybe LA or Anaheim.

EDIT: our optical pads will not have any moving parts. They will be highly accurate and yes, all you will have to do is break the beam. And before anyone comes in here saying what if our shoes laces are untied or whatever smart idea they can come up with... understand we aren't stupid and know all the possible situations that can come up. We, after all, do play this sort of game. Plus, there will be a lot of testing with these pads.
act deft
Trick Member
Trick Member

55. PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2005 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow. The staff is pretty awesome.

Arch0wl, K//Eternal, jammitch, and many other, including Phrekwenci.

And talk about that song list. Awesome indeed too.

I'm looking forward to see this in my arcade. biggrin.gif

The only thing is that I need to see the pad.
Yeah, I know it's four panels, but still I want to see it.
Trick Member
Trick Member

56. PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2005 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lolinternet wrote:
I just listened to like 10 of the samples on the site. Uh, no offense to the creators of Dancetrax, but there's no way in hell this is gonna do well if you are completely stuck with one genre of music. Most of the songs, well, sound the same to someone who isn't familiar with the genre (me).

The songs suck. They're horrible. Seriously just plain bad. You know it's bad when I consider myself open to pretty much any genre, yet the samples on the website made me cringe. Not only because they're bad, but because they'd make for horrible stepcharts. The only one that stood out to me was Moonlight Rave, and only for the keyboard in the song which would make for an awesome stepchart.

I honestly think the Dancetrax team needs to rethink this whole CLUB MUSIC ONLY idea or it's gonna crash and burn. Hard.

Take a look at ITG2. Innovative songs and stepcharts. Tons of originals. MANY, MANY different genres of music. Something for everyone, not just people who like club music.

You're making a game. A music game. Music games need VARIETY to appeal to EVERYONE or it simply isn't gonna work, since different people like different music, but everybody likes to play.

I highly disagree with what you just said... for one... ITG2 doesn't have that many different genres of music in it and a lot of the songs sound really similar to other stuff on the game. The stepcharts are nothing to praise either because a lot of them don't have anything leading up to the higher difficulties... from the stand point of someone who has been playing dance games for a long time the Stepcharts are nice... because they never bother with Novice, Easy, or Medium all which have very few stepcharts worth your time.

As far as the genres it covers... perhaps 2 or 3... nothing more than that... especially ITG1 so don't knock Dance Trax just because the music "sucks" to you because I hear DDR fans say that about ITG2 all the time... and they also say that about Pump it Up which actually has different varieties of music.

The only thing I really dislike... is that fact that they're using DDRs layout... we have enough Chinese games and ITG that use that layout... it's time for something different... and not NeonFMs tiny circles of limited space!

Last edited by Tsuri on Mon Oct 31, 2005 1:59 pm, edited 1 time in total
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger MSN Messenger
noise_tank24 ▶◀
Trick Member
Trick Member

57. PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2005 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You want to see the optical pad? I'll show you an optical pad. Created by one of the guys working on this game:

cnlohr's optical mat released into public domain 1 year ago!

This guy knows his stuff, so the pad will probably look amazing, be durable, and perform like you wouldn't believe.
View users profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger Xbox Live Gamertag
Cutriss
Staff Member
Staff Member

58. PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2005 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't read any of the other threads 'round the Internet, so forgive me if this has been answered elsewhere.

Internet Ranking?
USB memory support?
Which gameplay mechanics are being supported? (IE - freezes, freeze rolls, mines, hands, quads, etc)
Gameplay modes? Single/double/versus/attack are all confirmed, I see. Anything else?
Which modifiers are supported?
Is the cabinet itself network-ready? Or are bumper-packs installed via some other purchaseable medium?

The LED thing kinda reminds me of what some Beatmania cabinets do with their neon tubes on the monitor, with blue/red/purple flashes depending on your step rating. I assume the LED lifebar will be way more elaborate than this though.

Sentient Mode is capable...
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger Xbox Live Gamertag
Synaesthesia
Trick Member
Trick Member

59. PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2005 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Xbox port?? ;___;

G_G
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger Yahoo Messenger
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Other Bemani and Music Games All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 13, 14, 15  Next
Page 3 of 15

Jump to: