Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

Gitadora to return to Japanese consoles!
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next  
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Other Bemani and Music Games
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cutriss
Staff Member
Staff Member

0. PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2005 4:11 am    Post subject: Gitadora to return to Japanese consoles! Reply with quote

Louie826 sends word that one of Konami's big announcements this year at TGS is the unveiling of Guitar Freaks V and Drummania V for the Japanese Playstation 2, complete with Arcade-Style Controller offerings. This is pretty big news, since the series hasn't seen an entry on home consoles at all since GF4th/DM3rd.

Sentient Mode is capable...
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger Xbox Live Gamertag
Flazh
Trick Member
Trick Member

1. PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2005 4:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SHABAM! Unplayable videos that could have been easily just arcade videos if not for the PRESS START on the bottom of the screen ={And no ASC in sight either.

Disappointment to be sure to be sure...
View users profile Send private message MSN Messenger
Original Z
Trick Member
Trick Member

2. PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2005 5:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm, according to the website they're going to be making GF ASCs...

Anyway, I'm very, very, very happy! I've been waiting for a new CS game for far too long, and V is definitely a good way to start! As soon as I can, I'm preordering this baby with the ASC!
Go Getta
EYYY
Go Getta
EYYY
Go Getta
YEAH
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger MSN Messenger
JJasser
Trick Member
Trick Member

3. PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2005 6:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Post Whoring will ensue:

OH BABY YEAH!!!! YEAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger
Flazh
Trick Member
Trick Member

4. PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2005 6:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm, according to the website they're going to be making GF ASCs...

Yeah I read that on the website (not like theres anything else to read =D), I'm just saying that there weren't any at the Bemani stand at the Tokyo Game Show (unless they did all the cool stuff on the press day and took it away from the public =/)
act deft
Trick Member
Trick Member

5. PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2005 9:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now they need to bring to America. laugh.gif
Trick Member
Trick Member

6. PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2005 9:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

this is going to be fucken awesome.
Trick Member
Trick Member

7. PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2005 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

YES!

I loved playing GUITARFREAKS 7thMIX years ago when an arcade near me (when I lived in PA, that is) actually had one. Now I can finally play it again without (hopefully) having to pay rediculous prices for used guitar controllers. That reminds me, I should visit the Maplewood Mall again and play some drummania (percussion freaks) 3rdMIX. Here's hoping Konami designs a quality and affordable drum kit...
Flazh
Trick Member
Trick Member

8. PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2005 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Umm, the ASC will cost a fortune to buy if the other ASC prices are anything to go by. I think that the old controllers MAY get an upgraded version (like how the Pop'n music controller and DDR mats both got a version 2 release) so you may be able to get one of those =)

Here's hoping Konami designs a quality and affordable drum kit...

Not happening tbh, the arcade uses real Yamaha equiptment from very real and expensive drum sets. The game may be compatible with a USB drum kit like how Keyboardmania can be used with some specific real keyboards, though I'm not pretending to know how available these are =/ I just hope that they rethink the pedal design... what a piece of CRAP!
LouieT
Trick Member
Trick Member

9. PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2005 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Louie826 sends word

Nope. JiKiJiKiJiKi posted about it first.
I just pointed you to that thread. E13.gif
View users profile Send private message
Wolfman Jake
Trick Member
Trick Member

10. PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2005 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flazh, Konami typicaly makes BOTH controllers specific for CS releases and ASC "arcade accurate" controllers for their home Bemani releases. They might come up with something workable in the way of a drum kit that wouldn't be as good as the arcade Yamaha set, but would still be functional enough and quasi-affordable. There was an official drummania non-ASC controller way back, but it apparantly sucked. At the very least, there will probably be a nice CS guitar controller that won't cost a small fortune. Was the original one any good?
Baka of the Orochi
Trick Member
Trick Member

11. PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2005 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Adding on Wolfman, an ASC is what it says: an "ASC." Not simply an "upgraded" KOC (see: Pop 'n Music remade KOC with new domed buttons), it's going to be in a literal sense, an arcade style controller. Affordable? Well, considering how long Gitadora was on hiatus, I'd imagine they'll try to keep it affordable, since they'll WANT people to buy this that are kinda skeptical...Gitadora was never a HUGE selling home market, so I'd think they'll want to try to attract people to come back, but not by shooting themselves in the foot financially either; that wouldn't make sense. GF KOCs are not in the same plentiful supply like IIDX/Pop 'n were when their ASC's came out. GF controllers haven't been in production for a really long time.

As for TGS, well damn man, they just made an ANNOUNCEMENT. What were you expecting a fully playable beta? Sorry if Konami decides that not EVERYTHING will be 100% ready-to-go by the time they make a simple announcement. Besides, what are you expecting from screenshots, Christ man. You're demanding so much from Konami. The shots most likely will NOT be much different from the arcade, mainly because that is what a home port/conversion is supposed to be like. And since arcade GFV/DMV RUNS off a PS2 to begin with...well no duh.
Trick Member
Trick Member

12. PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2005 8:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eh? I'm not demanding anything from them, I'm just saying it as it is =/
Also I know what an ASC is, and my point is that to make something like what is in the arcade would cost a fortune for DM.

Anyway, I took a closer look at the 'Screenshots' and its actually just prerecorded arcade footage put on freeplay.

I was just saying that after reading the initial post in this forum, the resulting 'big announcement' was nothing of the sort. If anything it seemed like an afterthought just to add something to the Bemani stand at TGS.

Anyway, as you say it runs basically off a PS2... well they could have knocked something together for the show, hell Pop'n 12 could have almost passed for complete! (Playable with some CS specifics already on there)

Also, I don't demand or expect anything from Konami tbh, so no need to be testy about that...
Wolfman Jake
Trick Member
Trick Member

13. PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2005 8:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flazh, you are still not getting the point. You seem to think as if there will only be an ASC controller available for GF/dm V, which is almost certainly NOT the case. You most likely will be able to play the game, in GF or dm form, with controllers sepcialized for the CS format that cost SIGNIFICANTLY less than the ASC versions. Yes, the quality will NOT be the same as the ASC versions, but the game will still be completely playable in the same modality as you would experience in the arcade. No one is expecting Yamaha equipment at rock-bottom prices, but SOME kind of drum kit, with Konami's brand name on it, that is cheap yet functional enough to still feel like you're playing dm with something that approximates "drums." Understand?
Flazh
Trick Member
Trick Member

14. PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2005 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The CS versions are out then, and have been for years. If you mean that the ASCs won't be the same standard as the arcade, then they're not ASCs. The Pop'n and IIDX ASCs are just as good as the arcade (I know this from playing both straight after one another), and I don't believe that for any affordable amount of cash that a DM ASC can be made. If you've seen a DM machine, the thing is nothing like a CS controller. The DM arcade machine is bloody big, and the bits on it are top quality. I have no doubts that a GF ASC can be made for something that resembles a decent price (40000-50000 yen for something exactly like that arcade), but DM just won't happen.

So yeah, if you want to play it using controllers to the standard of the ones that are already out for CS, go for it. I'll play at the arcade till a sensibly priced ASC comes out for them, cause to be honest its like having DDR soft mats at home and choosing them over an arcade machine.
Wolfman Jake
Trick Member
Trick Member

15. PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2005 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flazh, read the posts above again. Do it a few times if you must. I've NOT been clamoring for a low-price dm ASC. That's obviously not possible, and NO ONE was arguing against that point. I want a "low-price," good qualty CS version dm controller, one superior to the rather crappy one that was available originally (and it's been years out of production now anyway). Konami revised the CS editions of some of it's more current Bemani CS franchises, like DDR and IIDX (an improved design will debute with US beatmania for the PS2, if you didn't know), so the hope is that the SAME will happen for the upcoming GF/dm V. Again, all along, no one has been demanding a cheap arcade replica (i.e. ASC) dm controller, simply an affordable, useable CS controller that still lets you feel like you're playing dm, in the same way that playing on a DDR CS soft mat still gives you the arrow stomping feel of arcade DDR, but with a sheet of flexible plastic instead of a sturdy metal platform with mercury switches. Do you get it yet? You've been arguing against a point NO ONE was making.
Zonic
Trick Member
Trick Member

16. PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2005 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now Konami needs to do is BRING their JP music games to America & all is good in Benami's world. Da closest thing we've got to GF is dat Guitar Hero coming out....
View users profile Send private message
Baka of the Orochi
Trick Member
Trick Member

17. PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2005 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You should learn how to manipulate the English language, otherwise obviously you have no idea that your wording is coming out VERY harshly.

Flazh wrote:
I was just saying that after reading the initial post in this forum, the resulting 'big announcement' was nothing of the sort. If anything it seemed like an afterthought just to add something to the Bemani stand at TGS.

"Big announcement" was NOTHING of the sort? I'm sorry if you don't play GFdm, but the fact that a CS version was pushed off for 4 years is pretty goddamn big news to me. Considering how much shi+ is in V to begin with, and everyone pretty much giving up all hope that they'd be using their KOC GFdm controllers again, and watching countless IIDX, Pop'n and even DDR CS games pass on by (while at least DrumMania consistantly stays in the top 20 arcade games in Japan, Guitar Freaks about the top 30)...OH NOT AT ALL THIS NEWS ISN'T WORTH CHECKING OUT AT ALL, NO SIREE. As for us Americans whom most of us have very little or limited access to GFdm machines, yeah this should be big news.

Quote:
Anyway, as you say it runs basically off a PS2... well they could have knocked something together for the show, hell Pop'n 12 could have almost passed for complete! (Playable with some CS specifics already on there)

Also, I don't demand or expect anything from Konami tbh, so no need to be testy about that...

OH LOOK A CONTRADICTION.

You say they could have (might as well be should have) done this and that, oh I'm sorry if Konami doesn't have a huge monster staff in which they could have spared several people (believe it or not, programming even a demo with features that are implemented yet like auto-play and menu screens doesn't take just one person to do in a couple days), especially if they have a bunch of other projects to work on.

As for testy, I have every damn reason to be. I'm hella excited that another CS Mix is coming out, just to have some jerkface make a big deal over a simple announcement and that the announcement isn't anything big?

Go back to playing DDR, and stop bothering people who actually care. How about that?

Wolfman Jake: I concur, although I'll live with what I got now, and realistically, it probably won't ever happen (unless they figure out how to reshape the DM KOC and keep the price low...at least as much as the current KOC)...but I just hope to GOD that the horrendous snare problem that occured in some pressings of GF4/DM3 doesn't plague the new CS release. As long as that's fixed, I'm just happy to be playing CS GFdm again.
Trick Member
Trick Member

18. PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2005 11:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FFS, I said that in the initial post, it says KONAMI BIG ANNOUNCEMENT AT TGS! GM V AND DM V!

It wasn't a big announcement. It was a crappy video. I'm not saying that its not a big thing, its just that AT TGS it wasn't. Its just a fact.

And regards to the ASC thing, I never mentioned the regular controllers, I was only talking about the ASCS in my original post. But as I can see you were talking about the regular CS one after, not the ASC my thoughts are still that you won't get anything particularly brilliant for such a low amount of cash. With the really bad DM sets still going here for about 10000 yen, I don't see Konami making something vastly superior for the same amount or less than this, and for a KOC, it can't be more than this. Its gotta be affordable. So the way I'm laying it down is this.
I think that there will be another crappy KOC/CS controller that is affordable, like a tweaked version of the original, maybe with a better pedal.
If there is an ASC, it will be horrifically overpriced.

Baka of the Orochi, you don't need to apologise for Konami, I'm sure that they would be upset by it -__- And yes, they DO have a huge monster staff in which they could spare several people. THATS THE NATURE OF CONGLOMORATES. It wouldn't take very long to knock up a demo for PS2, considering that the arcade version IS a PS2 with an arcade adapter on it. As far as me not expecting anything from Konami, I mean that I don't have these huge fanboy expectations of them. Not that I don't expect something better at the show.

Quote:

Uhh, sorry, where is this harsh? CRAP! MY MANIPULATION OF THE ENGLISH LANGUAGE IS FAILING ME OBVIOUSLY! Did you see the DM/GF stand at TGS? NO? Well shut up, I did and it was there like an afterthough, not a huge announcement. Perhaps you should write to Konami and request that they announce that DM/GF was a huge deal for them at TGS? Prove me wrong, don't just cry about it.
rmz
Trick Member
Trick Member

19. PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2005 1:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flazh wrote:
It wasn't a big announcement. It was a crappy video. I'm not saying that its not a big thing, its just that AT TGS it wasn't.

The fact that it was at TGS doesn't matter in this case. Even if it wasn't at TGS at all it still would've been a huge announcement. What people mean is that it's a BIG DEAL and a BIG SURPRISE. Hence calling it a "big announcement."

Flazh wrote:
And yes, they DO have a huge monster staff in which they could spare several people.

Your knowledge of Konami's business practices is astounding. Where is your source for this information, O wise one?

Seriously, though, to say that a company has tons of people sitting idle that they can put on random projects just because the company is large makes no sense. Anybody who works at a large corporation can still attest to the fact that there are intelligent staffing choices on projects of all sizes, and usually each person has a project assigned to them with a calculated deadline, such that it isn't possible to take them off of that project for a month to whip up a demo for a trade show and still have their other project delivered on time.
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Other Bemani and Music Games All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: