Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

RedOctane End of Summer Sale
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next  
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> In the Groove
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Thomas Hobbes
Trick Member
Trick Member

20. PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2005 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is no way to get around the long wait times, it's just something with the game and is not only your individual game.

| Pics | Play-Asia |
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger
Travissssssssss
Trick Member
Trick Member

21. PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2005 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stupidbarber wrote:
Although I really like some of the tunes on ITG2 (the console version, that is) I hate the delay between songs so much that I almost never play it. Particularly depressing is the delay that you are forced to endure if you fail a level, get life depleted, and have to re-load the whole game. I timed it - minimum of 45 seconds to get back up and playing again. It would be great if I'm wrong and there is a trick to get around this - anyone?

Uhh. don't fail? Event mode? Seriously, it can't be that much longer than DDR load times. And where can I pick up this ITG2 console version you speak of?
View users profile Send private message
'Ivan
Trick Member
Trick Member

22. PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2005 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ITG is better wrote:

And where can I pick up this ITG2 console version you speak of?

Probably a typo/mistake...

If you end up joining, put "ThreeLeafIvy" in the referrer box, will ya? E1.gif
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Thomas Hobbes
Trick Member
Trick Member

23. PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2005 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The load times are actually longer than DDR's load times. It's a fact and it'll probably be the first thing you notice, really; it was for me, at least.

| Pics | Play-Asia |
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger
Wolfman Jake
Trick Member
Trick Member

24. PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2005 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ITG is better wrote:
Uhh. don't fail? Event mode? Seriously, it can't be that much longer than DDR load times. And where can I pick up this ITG2 console version you speak of?

Wow, it must have been BOGO day when you went shopping for that load of ignorance. Event mode DOES NOT HELP when you fail a song, and if you try to challenge yourself with the upper buttocks-hard Expert charts, you WILL fail periodically. It goes with the territory. Fail in Event Mode and you will return to the title screen. The load times are longer than in DDR. A LOT longer. Not just a second or two longer, but several times longer, seriously. It's anywhere between 10 to 15 seconds of waiting in between selecting a song and the song starting, between the end of the song and the result screen, between the result screen and the return to the song wheel, between the failure message and the title screen, etc.
PARANOiA MAXX
Trick Member
Trick Member

25. PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2005 8:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not that mad I did pay the 40$ when it came out I bought it while I was on vacation. I played it in my hotel room for hours on end on the controller E1.gif. But I am very happy that i bought it when i did, I went out and bought a Ignition 3.0 pad. I like it but I would like to buy an afterburner, if anyone would like to donate money to my cause please PM me.
Thomas Hobbes
Trick Member
Trick Member

26. PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2005 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why don't you go and play on event mode and then have the second player on Novice mode, even if there is no one there? You will no longer fail and get redirected to the Title screen then.

| Pics | Play-Asia |
Cutriss
Staff Member
Staff Member

27. PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2005 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

St00pidBaka wrote:
The load times are actually longer than DDR's load times. It's a fact and it'll probably be the first thing you notice, really; it was for me, at least.
People need to turn off their fanboy chips and do a side-by-side comparison. DDR doesn't have very long load times, and the DDR load times are often masked by animations or audio clips.

Honestly, ITG's load times would probably be a lot less noticeable if they did the same thing with masking loading times, but the load time *appears* a lot longer, and it also occurs more frequently than in DDR.

Sentient Mode is capable...
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger Xbox Live Gamertag
Wolfman Jake
Trick Member
Trick Member

28. PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2005 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cutriss, the load times might be more tolerable, but I doubt they'd be less noticeable, on ITG PS2 if Roxor/RedOctane had thought to program better (or any) transitions, but they're still much, much longer than DDR load times. All you really have to do is just take a stopwatch and time how long it takes from when you confirm your choice on the song wheel to when the song shows up, or when the song finishes to when the results pop up, or the most telling experiment: from when you exit the results screen until you return to the song wheel. DDR's load times are on the order of about 4 seconds. Yes, those 4 or so seconds are cleverly hidden by "First Stage" messages, "Cleared," etc., but they are still at least 3 times as quick as most of the ITG load times. It's not a matter of fanboyism to compare a PS2 DDR's load times to ITG's load times and figure out that ITG's load times are very much longer. And it's not like anyone has mentioned the other much more annoying design flaws of the ITG CS interface E13.gif

...OK, that is OTHER than just one of the examples of how poorly Event Mode was implemented, i.e. the issue with faling and returning to the title screen instead of the song wheel, as mentioned a few posts up.
arnoct
Trick Member
Trick Member

29. PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2005 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I must be one of the "few" people who kept ITG after buying it. I don't play DDR anymore.

/robodex two thousand and five
/#bemani on irc.dynastynet.net -- talk about bemani stuff.
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger Yahoo Messenger Xbox Live Gamertag MSN Messenger
Cutriss
Staff Member
Staff Member

30. PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2005 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wolfman, I was really more talking about the ITG fanboys who always retort something like "Oh, the load times aren't that bad". The rest of my comment was intended to be as objective as possible about the matter.

View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger Xbox Live Gamertag
Wolfman Jake
Trick Member
Trick Member

31. PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2005 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My mistake and my appologies, Cutriss. At least my post then supports your original point.

Arnoct, I still have my copy of ITG that I bought on the "day or release"-ish for $40, although I admit that I don't really play it much right now.
Apu
Trick Member
Trick Member

32. PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2005 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ppl are making to many accusations of this " 95%" of ppl who play ING like it. where is the proof. We need answers people. I think someone need s to do a survey or something.
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger
Thomas Hobbes
Trick Member
Trick Member

33. PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2005 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cutriss wrote:
St00pidBaka wrote:
People need to turn off their fanboy chips and do a side-by-side comparison. DDR doesn't have very long load times, and the DDR load times are often masked by animations or audio clips.

Honestly, ITG's load times would probably be a lot less noticeable if they did the same thing with masking loading times, but the load time *appears* a lot longer, and it also occurs more frequently than in DDR.

I'm actually a fan of both games, with ITG being slightly more of a thing I play as it is recent.

I just notice that ITG just has the black screen, which seems to intensify the wait, really, as you noted. I seem to agree, at least the Ultramix series had a "loading" screen or something of the like, which was alright.

| Pics | Play-Asia |
Wolfman Jake
Trick Member
Trick Member

34. PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2005 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

St00pidBaka wrote:
I just notice that ITG just has the black screen, which seems to intensify the wait, really, as you noted. I seem to agree, at least the Ultramix series had a "loading" screen or something of the like, which was alright.

The songs on Ultramix/2 also don't load any slower than on PS2 DDR mixes. The only difference is that people recognize that "Now Loading" means the game is loading on the Xbox games, but are fooled into thinking that "1st Stage," "Final Stage" etc. are anything other than a disguised loading screen on the PS2 versions.
Thomas Hobbes
Trick Member
Trick Member

35. PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2005 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, they're just the loading screen. I know that my arcade's DDR Extreme has loading problems sometimes where it's stuck. At times it does that same thing in game play too, which has happened before too.

I know that the Ultramix series have the same load time as other DDR games, I'm just saying that instead of having the "First Stage" loading screen it actually has a loading screen that says "Loading...".

| Pics | Play-Asia |
stupidbarber
Trick Member
Trick Member

36. PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2005 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oops, I did not at all mean to start an argument. I have a lot of respect for ITG and its programmers, and as I said, I think a lot of the songs are really great.

St00pidBaka wrote:
Why don't you go and play on event mode and then have the second player on Novice mode, even if there is no one there? You will no longer fail and get redirected to the Title screen then.

I'll try that - good idea, and defintely worth it if it will prevent the game from ending. Thanks!
View users profile Send private message
Marouku
Basic Member
Basic Member

37. PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2005 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

God...is a 30-45 second load time really that bad at all?

I personally like it; It gives me a chance to rest for a second before the song starts and to rest afterwards.

And on another note..

I've been playing DDR for about 4 years. I only recently bought ITG and haven't played DDR since then.

The stepcharts are much more complex in ITG (don't deny it, they are)

But this doesn't mean I won't play DDR from time to time. (if I'm at an arcade or just tired)
Staff Member
Staff Member

38. PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2005 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OuTiE wrote:
God...is a 30-45 second load time really that bad at all?
Meine lieben...Any console game with that kind of load time should never break sales of 100 units.
OuTiE wrote:
I personally like it; It gives me a chance to rest for a second before the song starts and to rest afterwards.
As has been said elsewhere, while this has its own artificial benefits, the fact is that people tend to rest at the songwheel, and the longest delay tends to be the one after you select a song but before the song starts. You know - at the point at which you're done resting and ready to play again.

Thomas Hobbes
Trick Member
Trick Member

39. PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2005 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, most people do their resting at the select mod screen.

| Pics | Play-Asia |
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> In the Groove All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: